M4 GP Style Slip On - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 04:59 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 13
Garage
M4 GP Style Slip On

Hey guys,

made some vids on the M4 slip on. Some of you might find it interesting.

As i was shopping around for a new slip on i missed a couple of things in youtube "reviews" like onboard sound. So i figured why not do it myself.
Also made an as extensive as possible comparison with the stock sound and baffle in/baffle out.

Hope you like it, Grts



VOYAGERYT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 07:32 AM
Thatís Mister Chalet To You ....
 
le skid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Montrťal
Posts: 7,733
Re: M4 GP Style Slip On

Good write-up. I'm impressed that you took the time to clarify about making a purchase decision based on youtube videos so I've taken a minute to transcribe your thoughts here, in case it can be referred to in future threads. I'm pretty sure that many who buy the M4 have no idea what they're getting themselves into... so good job.

I had the M4 on my K6 1000 and when I first started it and blipped the gas, I was like "whoa, this sounds awesome!". After riding it for a few minutes, however, and especially after hearing the sound echoing around my neighborhood after starting on a quiet morning... or riding through little towns in high gear at 2000-2500 rpm to (try) keeping my noise-level down to non-offensive levels, I got sick of it within a day or two. Then after failing sound-check at its first track day by a huge margin, I said fuck this and put the stock can back on after around a week.

Transcript from the first video:
"In case any of you guys are wondering how loud the slip-on exactly is, because it's really hard to tell from youtube videos, it's definitely loud enough to get you pulled over by the cops.

I usually ride with earplugs in and without them, it kinds of hurts your ears. It's not that bad but if you're exposed to it for an extended period of time, it's just not that pleasurable anymore."

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8you4t View Post
Fuck yeah ... I love rubbing my junk on a cheese grater too. Itís so callused I canít feel anything else
le skid is online now  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 13
Garage
Re: M4 GP Style Slip On

Quote:
Originally Posted by le skid View Post
Good write-up. I'm impressed that you took the time to clarify about making a purchase decision based on youtube videos so I've taken a minute to transcribe your thoughts here, in case it can be referred to in future threads. I'm pretty sure that many who buy the M4 have no idea what they're getting themselves into... so good job.

I had the M4 on my K6 1000 and when I first started it and blipped the gas, I was like "whoa, this sounds awesome!". After riding it for a few minutes, however, and especially after hearing the sound echoing around my neighborhood after starting on a quiet morning... or riding through little towns in high gear at 2000-2500 rpm to (try) keeping my noise-level down to non-offensive levels, I got sick of it within a day or two. Then after failing sound-check at its first track day by a huge margin, I said fuck this and put the stock can back on after around a week.

Transcript from the first video:
"In case any of you guys are wondering how loud the slip-on exactly is, because it's really hard to tell from youtube videos, it's definitely loud enough to get you pulled over by the cops.

I usually ride with earplugs in and without them, it kinds of hurts your ears. It's not that bad but if you're exposed to it for an extended period of time, it's just not that pleasurable anymore."
Thnks, i'll have to admit that it is a very loud exhaust. You did not mention though that i enjoy the sound without dbkiller/baffle most. Maybe you did not feel like it cause the loudness makes the better sound obsolete. Which is understandable.
I'm thinking about putting the baffle back in, but i might just keep riding without it for a little longer.

Grts
VOYAGERYT is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 04:06 PM
Amateur
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 610
Re: M4 GP Style Slip On

Nice bike, I have the same color 2012 600. When I installed my m4 gp, I removed the cat and silencer. I also had it dyno tuned and to prevent the popping sound, I did the pair valve mod and it went away. Sounds like you still have the cat in.
this is my bike to show you how much louder it can be without the cat.
It became a little too loud for the neighbors at 3 in the morning so I went to a yoshi r77. My buddy has a 1000 with the same yoshi and some reason my bikes is still louder than his.
TAS750 is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 05:17 PM
LOVES old ass '85-'92 GSXR's,HATES new GSXR's
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Poland
Motorcycle: GSXR K4 600
Posts: 436
Garage
Re: M4 GP Style Slip On

M4 is freaking awesome.
My next year bike (which I hope will be 1000cm k7 or k6) will have it installed for sure!
I just thought it's too much to install it in k4 600, so I'm waiting for a bike change
Nice video btw!
GORILLAxD is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 06:37 PM
Soberz again
 
Carnage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: was Boston, now Orlando
Motorcycle: 2006 GSX-R1000
Posts: 14,897
Garage
Re: M4 GP Style Slip On

I guess folks either love or hate that pipe. I personally prefer the older full size M4 pipes over the GP shortys. The ones I am referring to I'm not even seeing on their website anymore.
Carnage is online now  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 05:41 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 13
Garage
Re: M4 GP Style Slip On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
I guess folks either love or hate that pipe. I personally prefer the older full size M4 pipes over the GP shortys. The ones I am referring to I'm not even seeing on their website anymore.
I've noticed too. Is it the loudness that puts people off? I'd get that, but sound wise it gives a much more crisp aggressive sound compared to the more duffled, if i cam call it that, sound of the akras and yoshis.
VOYAGERYT is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 13
Garage
Re: M4 GP Style Slip On

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAS750 View Post
Nice bike, I have the same color 2012 600. When I installed my m4 gp, I removed the cat and silencer. I also had it dyno tuned and to prevent the popping sound, I did the pair valve mod and it went away. Sounds like you still have the cat in.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfrXa_PNm6E this is my bike to show you how much louder it can be without the cat.
It became a little too loud for the neighbors at 3 in the morning so I went to a yoshi r77. My buddy has a 1000 with the same yoshi and some reason my bikes is still louder than his.
Nice. Black/grey/red is by far the best looking colorway in my opinion i can't imagine how loud the exhaust would be without the cat. Now with cat and dbkiller out its loud already. Question though. Why would you want to eliminate the crackle and pops? Its what makes it sound nice to me.
VOYAGERYT is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 06:39 AM
Guest
 
oldgixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: In the garage, smoking one of Anthony D's cigars...
Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...
Posts: 24,541
Re: M4 GP Style Slip On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
....I personally prefer the older full size M4 pipes over the GP shortys. The ones I am referring to I'm not even seeing on their website anymore.
Im not a fan of any shorty exhaust. This was an original full-ti M4 on my brand new 1070cc monster back in the summer of '05
Is this the pipe you're referring to? I reluctantly went with the M4 over Akra as the Akra was on back-order and the M4 was the next best option performance wise
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5257.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	479681   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3749.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	479689  

Last edited by oldgixxer; 11-05-2016 at 10:28 AM. Reason: grammar
oldgixxer is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 09:07 AM
Soberz again
 
Carnage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: was Boston, now Orlando
Motorcycle: 2006 GSX-R1000
Posts: 14,897
Garage
Re: M4 GP Style Slip On

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
Is this the pipe you're referring to? I reluctantly went with the M4 over Akra as the Akra was on back-order and the M4 was the next nest option performance wise

Yup...that would be it! A few of my friends had that exhaust back in Boston years ago. I don't see those pipes around anymore anywhere.
Carnage is online now  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 02:15 PM
----------------
 
kevinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: PA
Motorcycle: 2008 SV650S
Posts: 1,761
Garage
Re: M4 GP Style Slip On

My new bike came with an M4 slip on, I think it looks and sounds pretty good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0050.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	479705  
kevinc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome