• 7 Post By oldgixxer
  • 2 Post By Anthony D
  • 1 Post By Jen

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Motorcycle: GSX-R 600 K8
Done dealing with the men.

I am over the men on this site, and in the shops. Apparently chick riders are not a respected breed. I just had my bike in the shop and got nothing but attitude from the owner until my Husband showed up. Then it was free this and have a good day that. Now I come on here to ask simple questions and get attitude from the men here. Has any other chick rider had this issue of lack of respect? I am a really nice girl, with a lot of male friends in the biker community who encourage me to become a better rider. I just don't understand the lack of respect lately.

Don't underestimate a girl with a passion for speed.

Last edited by Samantha750; 09-14-2017 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Restore original thread title
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 10:49 AM
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 2013 gsxr 750, 2007 gsxr 600, 2008 cbr600, 2005 harley sportster 883 lol
Re: Done dealing with the men.

saw this thread in the main page, prob shouldnt post because its "girl forum" but cant help myself

I am not a white knight and could care less about men or women riding, but the group I ride with, theres a few females, albeit a little inexperienced, but anxious to learn and ride better. all the men treat them great, and not just because they are really cute. You only have 19 post, i am not sure thats enough to judge an entire website honestly. Heck, im on another forum where everyone treats everyone like that dog poo and it is annoying but i say give it a chance, i see plenty of people helping eachother on here, everyone one of my post have been questions about bikes lol.

the shop thing, my gf went to get an oil change done and the shop tried telling her she needed new brakes, new pads, new rotors, he car was gonna kill her if she didnt get the $1000 stuff done they qouted, .. funny, considering 1 month early i replaced all rotors/brakes/everything already. I went in and they instantly changed their tone. It is a stereotype that certain places will take advantage of a woman and try, and it is wrong.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 10:56 AM

Location: In the garage, smoking one of Anthony D's cigars...
Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
saw this thread in the main page, prob shouldnt post because its "girl forum" but cant help myself
You should have helped yourself. See you in 5days
oldfart01, coopgt1, 600k2 and 4 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 01:20 PM
MotoGP

Motorcycle: Whatever oldgixxer has in his garage...
Garage

oldfart01 and coopgt1 like this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 04:32 AM
Jen
Track Day Winner

Here was my last experience- brought my bike in for an inspection and recall on the bike. This was a new bike. My husband followed me in the car. The bike was fine. I go to pick up the bike, they charge me $80 extra because "rear light was out." I was so mad. It was fine. It's not hard replacing a bulb. Guy tells me, "they had to take the seat off." I promise I'm not making this up. Umm..you take a key and the seat comes off in two seconds. I had to pay the ransom to get my bike. Manager never called me back until I posted a negative review on Yelp.

I have multiple bikes, two Yamahas, and had been going to this place for three years.
ken65 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode