Kevlar Jeans ... Have you found any you actually like? - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 2012 GSX-R750 | 2010 EX250R (dedicated track)
Kevlar Jeans ... Have you found any you actually like?

I have been looking for some ladies Kevlar jeans that offer protection as well as fashion. The problem is that you really have to take a leap of faith since finding them in a retail location is next to impossible.

I would love to hear feedback from any of the other ladies who have purchased some ... good or bad.

It's getting too daggum hot here in Texas to wear my leathers. I would love another option that might be cooler.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014, 05:44 PM
yup
Douchebag with false sense of racial superiority

Motorcycle: k5 600
Re: Kevlar Jeans ... Have you found any you actually like?

you would benefit from a call to either sportbike track gear or revzilla on sizing (of course their feedback would be limited to the products that they carry). They both claim to have experts on call regarding sizing and staff at both are really helpful without being pushy. In my experience, this has always been the case.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 03:05 AM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 1993 GSXR 750 WP
Garage

I know this is a bit late, but...... Moto Liberty is only 59mins from Italy, TX. They have race suits, leathers, textiles, armor, Kevlar jeans, boots, gloves, helmets, etc. ALL of them can be tried on. They have a huge selection. I purchased $3600 in gear from them. Outstanding customer service also.

Check them out they are well worth the drive. People have even flown in from out of state to go there. Keep in mind they are closed on Mondays. I've gone there more than once forgetting that. Lol.

Moto Liberty, 2821 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy #110, Dallas, TX 75234

http://www.motoliberty.com/da_store.asp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 01:11 PM
Squid

Ladies forget buying kevlar lined jeans. There is a place that will sew kevlar lining into any pair of jeans you send them. I think its like $150 or so. Ruste protection (type it into google).
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015, 02:34 PM
Jen
Track Day Winner

Hey. I have the ones from Cyclegear (their house brand). They are around $80. The smallest size they have is a 4 and I usually wear a 0-4 in jeans depending on the brand (5'5" and 120 lbs, 25 in waist/36 in hips). The jeans are not super attractive but they aren't horrible either, they have some stretchy material in them. I don't trust the Kevlar since it is limited to the knees and tush area. When I wear these jeans, I do wear Bohn armor underneath and it will fit fine. Or, I will wear the jeans with a pair of chaps. They are the closest thing to jeans that I will wear when riding though.

http://www.cyclegear.com/BILT-IRON-W...torcycle-Jeans

The jeans do look better than in the pictures. I could send you a picture of me wearing them if you are interested in them so you can get a better idea of how they look.

I do feel safer and wear my race leathers even in the summer. I have ones from Revit! that aren't bad even when it's hot out.

Motorport has the best Kevlar products. You are doing to spend a few hundred ($400) on them and they will custom make them based on a pair of jeans that you send them. You are not going to have high fashion, but their products are the best out there as far as protection.

http://www.motoport.com/index.php?op...id=29&Itemid=4

Last edited by Jen; 04-05-2015 at 02:39 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 09:57 AM
Squid

Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR 600

Hi, I'm new here and I know this is an older post but it doesn't seem like this section gets much activity... These are the jeans I purchased and I like:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/d...t-riding-jeans

I normally wear a 4 in US jean like Lucky (5'6 135 athletic) and I got the Drift in 6 which fit well for me.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 11:47 AM
Squid

I really like the icon brand reasonably price and great in fashion. I have ran into one issue finding riding gear that is warm without it looking too harley davidson any advice?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 01:24 PM
MotoGP

Motorcycle: Whatever oldgixxer has in his garage...
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbb122091 View Post
I really like the icon brand reasonably price and great in fashion. I have ran into one issue finding riding gear that is warm without it looking too harley davidson any advice?
Be very careful running ICON gear. Although it may suit you in terms of looks, their stuff does not hold up well in crashes at all.

I always recommend Alpinestars, they have a wide range of products from street gear to full track suits.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: Triumph Speed Triple 1050
Garage

Try the UK Hood jeans. They have good review and they have decent armour.

Motorcycle Jeans from Hood Jeans UK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode