What jacket do you wear? - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

What jacket do you wear?

I live in S. Florida so I'm looking for a warm weather, mesh/textile jacket. I ordered the Alpinestars Stella T-GP Plus Air Jacket and it seems to fit me awkwardly. It fits in the chest area, but seems short in the arms and a bit restrictive. This is my first jacket. I am considering sending it back and getting a larger size, but also got to thinking maybe the style/cut has something to do with it or the fact that I'm not used to wearing a riding jacket. I might replace it with the Scorpion Nip Tuck jacket.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 10:25 AM
Provisional Novice

Re: What jacket do you wear?

Hi,

I have same one.. Stella T-GP-Plus.

Doesn't fit well in chest department and its a bit tight in shoulders. Absolutely perfect in waist, back and under the bra.
My advice: If you can return it then don't hesitate.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Belladonna how did it fit in your arms length wise? I am 5'8" about 140 lbs with a 36DD chest. I bought a size M based on the size chart and it is snug in the neck, shoulders area, but the worst part is that the arms feel really uncomfortable and short. When I raise my arms the jacket comes up pretty high is it supposed to do that? Everywhere else fits fine, waist/length. Your reply sounded like you didn't care for that jacket, true?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 10:48 AM
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaFunk View Post
Belladonna how did it fit in your arms length wise? I am 5'8" about 140 lbs with a 36DD chest. I bought a size M based on the size chart and it is snug in the neck, shoulders area, but the worst part is that the arms feel really uncomfortable and short. When I raise my arms the jacket comes up pretty high is it supposed to do that? Everywhere else fits fine, waist/length. Your reply sounded like you didn't care for that jacket, true?
I am 5'7" about 130lbs with a 36DD chest. I bought a size M as well. I was a swimmer in past so my shoulders now are much bigger then normal human haha its very tight in shoulders and arms. One piece of leathers is the thing I wear 100% of time when I'm on a bike.
I tried L size but it was too loose in all departments. I think these jackets didn't been design by female for female. Well I'm not wearing this jacket at all I had it on in past 5-10 times and I'm not planning to wear it again.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 10:54 AM
Provisional Novice

Quote:
When I raise my arms the jacket comes up pretty high is it supposed to do that?
No I don't believe that it should. So if you come off the bike your arms probably will be rise..so you will uncover the hips ouch! that might hurt. Trust me I know things from experience
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
I am 5'7" about 130lbs with a 36DD chest. I bought a size M as well. I was a swimmer in past so my shoulders now are much bigger then normal human haha its very tight in shoulders and arms. One piece of leathers is the thing I wear 100% of time when I'm on a bike.
I tried L size but it was too loose in all departments. I think these jackets didn't been design by female for female. Well I'm not wearing this jacket at all I had it on in past 5-10 times and I'm not planning to wear it again.
Well that tells me everything I needed to hear. I'm so glad you responded to this post. I ordered the jacket from Revzilla along with my boyfriend's alpinestars jacket and gloves. (Nowhere close to try on jackets in the store). He got the packages while I was out of town. His jacket and gloves fit and so he threw away all of the packaging thinking mine would fit too. Apparently if you don't return the jacket in the garment bag, ect. to Revzilla they won't accept it. So I'm having to order another jacket before I can send the old jacket back. I have been trying it on and finally thought I should post to the forum to see if any other women have gotten this jacket and just didn't care for the fit. I was close to ordering the L today before I posted to the forum, so glad I didn't. Thank you so much for replying! Do you have any recommendations on other jackets?
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Well that tells me everything I needed to hear. I'm so glad you responded to this post. I ordered the jacket from Revzilla along with my boyfriend's alpinestars jacket and gloves. (Nowhere close to try on jackets in the store). He got the packages while I was out of town. His jacket and gloves fit and so he threw away all of the packaging thinking mine would fit too. Apparently if you don't return the jacket in the garment bag, ect. to Revzilla they won't accept it. So I'm having to order another jacket before I can send the old jacket back. I have been trying it on and finally thought I should post to the forum to see if any other women have gotten this jacket and just didn't care for the fit. I was close to ordering the L today before I posted to the forum, so glad I didn't. Thank you so much for replying! Do you have any recommendations on other jackets?
Your welcome, glad I could help. No I can't recommend any other jacket because after this disaster I realize that jackets are not for me and now sticking only with leathers..which I'm wearing right now (Long story, different thread ).
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
Your welcome, glad I could help. No I can't recommend any other jacket because after this disaster I realize that jackets are not for me and now sticking only with leathers..which I'm wearing right now (Long story, different thread ).
Do tell! haha
You're a bad ass chick on your 1000, girl. I am learning on a 750, but will probably buy a 600. How did you get started?
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Do tell! haha
You're a bad ass chick on your 1000, girl. I am learning on a 750, but will probably buy a 600. How did you get started?
See "Back protector, which one do you recommend?" enough said haha
I always dreamed about sports bike etc but because I made so many bad decisions in my life it took me longer to actually start riding. I ask one person to explain me how things work. I bought off road bike.......and learn myself how to ride. Then signed for lessons on road bike, pass my tests on 1200 Suzuki bandit and I rewarded myself with K7 1000

Last edited by Belladonna; 01-07-2014 at 11:27 AM.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
See "Back protector, which one do you recommend?" enough said haha
I always dreamed about sports bike etc but because I made so many bad decisions in my life it took me longer to actually start riding. I ask one person to explain me how things work. I bought off road bike.......and learn myself how to ride. Then signed for lessons on road bike, pass my tests on 1200 Suzuki bandit and I rewarded myself with K7 1000
Awesome. I'm pretty much the same. I'm 31 and made a few bad decisions in my life as well! haha Always loved anything fast. My boyfriend got a bike and I'm tired of riding on the back. After riding alone I can't imagine not doing this for the rest of my life. How long have you been riding? I am pretty much teaching myself too. I ride his 750, but I'll be happy to get my own (a couple months) so I don't have to listen to a damn word he says and can go about my business. lol People have told me I shouldn't learn on a 750/600 and here you are with a 1000. Did you get the same feedback?
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Awesome. I'm pretty much the same. I'm 31 and made a few bad decisions in my life as well! haha Always loved anything fast. My boyfriend got a bike and I'm tired of riding on the back. After riding alone I can't imagine not doing this for the rest of my life. How long have you been riding? I am pretty much teaching myself too. I ride his 750, but I'll be happy to get my own (a couple months) so I don't have to listen to a damn word he says and can go about my business. lol People have told me I shouldn't learn on a 750/600 and here you are with a 1000. Did you get the same feedback?
I do love sports bikes and cars too I drive a Toyota Supra.
I always try to get the best I can. Yes all bikes are "fast" its not about that only, the looks, how they handle in the corner etc When driving my car I do have that power to overtake pretty much anything and if I had slower car I would not be so confident on a road. In corner my car handle so well its amazing. I been driving for 5 years now, no accident apart from one little incident when "drifting" Bike was/is the same. You have the power over anything on the road, and this is how I like to feel
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 11:55 AM
Provisional Novice

Oh yes people still don't understand. My Mother doesn't want to hear about me and the bike!
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
I do love sports bikes and cars too I drive a Toyota Supra.
I always try to get the best I can. Yes all bikes are "fast" its not about that only, the looks, how they handle in the corner etc When driving my car I do have that power to overtake pretty much anything and if I had slower car I would not be so confident on a road. In corner my car handle so well its amazing. I been driving for 5 years now, no accident apart from one little incident when "drifting" Bike was/is the same. You have the power over anything on the road, and this is how I like to feel
Yes, me too. No one understands why I drive a manual car. Drive an automatic, they say, you can relax, they say. No, it's boring! lol Awesome though, I love to see women doing what the guys do. I've always been that way too. Where are you from?
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Yes, me too. No one understands why I drive a manual car. Drive an automatic, they say, you can relax, they say. No, it's boring! lol Awesome though, I love to see women doing what the guys do. I've always been that way too. Where are you from?
Its not really about what guys doing I want the same. If I knew that driving a car or riding a bike will be so much fun and make me feel how I feel when doing this I would do that years ago and not wasting my time. Not many people will understand that I don't care what they think and do it my way and because its most of the time opposite for "reasonable way" a f**ked up way, but its my way I do mistakes and not really learn on them and so what, life is mine and no-one should tell me how to live because they will not die instead of me! I'm from far far far away
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
Its not really about what guys doing I want the same. If I knew that driving a car or riding a bike will be so much fun and make me feel how I feel when doing this I would do that years ago and not wasting my time. Not many people will understand that I don't care what they think and do it my way and because its most of the time opposite for "reasonable way" a f**ked up way, but its my way I do mistakes and not really learn on them and so what, life is mine and no-one should tell me how to live because they will not die instead of me! I'm from far far far away
I agree! Everything I do/like/want is about how it makes me feel. The instructor at the riding class asked me why do you wanna ride and I told him because I feel it in my gut. He laughed and said good answer. But yeah, same here. If I had known riding would make me feel this way years ago I would have been riding for 10 years. But I just had no one to turn me on to it, now it's game over! I just think that a lot of times guys look at us girls like we can't do what they do or do it as good. I don't believe that one bit!
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 12:30 PM
Provisional Novice

Quote:
I agree! Everything I do/like/want is about how it makes me feel. The instructor at the riding class asked me why do you wanna ride and I told him because I feel it in my gut. He laughed and said good answer. But yeah, same here. If I had known riding would make me feel this way years ago I would have been riding for 10 years. But I just had no one to turn me on to it, now it's game over! I just think that a lot of times guys look at us girls like we can't do what they do or do it as good. I don't believe that one bit!
My instructor was such a ignorant it was unreal but I didn't give up but I was so close so many times he actually make me upset till tears....He was saying that I should by a scooter or that this might not be for me and that 600cc will be way enough for a girl. He was right that it is enough but not enough for some not for me

I think that boys do drive better and ride better to be honest. Maybe because this is what they been doing and thinking since they manage to walk-run-ride.. I think its very natural for them to just do those things. Like I remember when my brother was playing on that xbox, Jesus! How boring and stupid was that?! I totally don't get it that thing about this games. Also watching football
Riding was always on my mind but like I mention that before if I knew it was so awesome much earlier. I'm still in my young years so plenty time for riding. I'm a little worry that my adult life will gone past me when I will be catching up my teenage dreams. Oh well
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 12:43 PM
Provisional Novice

Quote:
.. I just think that a lot of times guys look at us girls like we can't do what they do or do it as good. I don't believe that one bit!

I think that we can't do the same as you, them. We all learn skills and how to use our brain, reflex etc.. I ride the best I can, in way I feel safe. I do sometimes 50mph on a twisty road where guys overtaking me at 90+ mph and whatever speed. I'm not riding to catch up with them I'm riding in way I feel awesome I'm not experience in high speed just yet but I'm doing progress in allowing myself to higher speed when possible and safe to do so. I ride to the point of not scaring myself too much because its not fun. Riding a bike must be something unique and something special like being on different roads its like adrenaline kick, uhhhh new corner, new tree hahah If I had 600cc I would probably manage to reach the maximum speed and what is next, I would sell it and get it bigger bike. So I decided to get a bigger bike straight away and I'm no where near the maximum speed. Max I done was 155mph, I was very proud and nearly my arms fell off

Last edited by Belladonna; 01-07-2014 at 12:45 PM.
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
I think that we can't do the same as you, them. We all learn skills and how to use our brain, reflex etc.. I ride the best I can, in way I feel safe. I do sometimes 50mph on a twisty road where guys overtaking me at 90+ mph and whatever speed. I'm not riding to catch up with them I'm riding in way I feel awesome I'm not experience in high speed just yet but I'm doing progress in allowing myself to higher speed when possible and safe to do so. I ride to the point of not scaring myself too much because its not fun. Riding a bike must be something unique and something special like being on different roads its like adrenaline kick, uhhhh new corner, new tree hahah If I had 600cc I would probably manage to reach the maximum speed and what is next, I would sell it and get it bigger bike. So I decided to get a bigger bike straight away and I'm no where near the maximum speed. Max I done was 155mph, I was very proud and nearly my arms fell off
haha that's awesome. I do agree with you. The guys are usually going way faster than the girls (in the group I ride with) even the girls that have been riding a long time. I guess it's just in the guys nature to out do each other. haha.
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 12:56 PM
Provisional Novice

Quote:
haha that's awesome. I do agree with you. The guys are usually going way faster than the girls (in the group I ride with) even the girls that have been riding a long time. I guess it's just in the guys nature to out do each other. haha.
Its always a competition with them. So I'm glad that I don't need to be on same level because I will have pressure with keeping up with the rest. I don't ride in a group I ride on my own...most of the times till some biker hook up and ride with me till I stop for a chat haha Guys have balls girls don't, enough said
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
Its always a competition with them. So I'm glad that I don't need to be on same level because I will have pressure with keeping up with the rest. I don't ride in a group I ride on my own...most of the times till some biker hook up and ride with me till I stop for a chat haha Guys have balls girls don't, enough said
But haven't you heard that Betty White quote???
“Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode