Power Commander Problems - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: GSXR 750 K7 =)
Power Commander Problems

My bike has started acting up alot lately, and the biggest issue is that my power commander is now no longer working. My speedometer stopped reading, and when I was looking at it I happened to mess with the speedohealer and once I unplugged that my speed read again so I'm thinking I need to invest in a new one. But my power commander is no longer working. I am not sure how I should go about fixing the problem, I am new to working on my new bike so it could be something simple but I'm not really sure, I want to learn though and try to do what I can myself. I'd prefer to be able to work on my own bike, so any suggestions would be awesome (:

The power commander is a DynoJet III.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Re: Power Commander Problems

If it helps anyone any the bottom green light is on but when the bike is given gas it doesnt do anything at all. Its like its on but nothing is happening from it if that makes sense. Sorry very new to this! Ex-boyfriend wouldnt ever let me touch it, but now that hes gone its time for me to do these things myself (once I finally learn how lol)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Ex-Lady Supermod

Garage

Start by downloading a copy of the service manual and then post this in the K6/7 forum where you are more likely to get the answers you need unless you are only looking for input from fellow lady riders. Even so, you likely wont get many of those as it is mostly guys who post in here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: Black k8 gsx-R 600

I'm assuming it's a pc3 usb. Going from that you may have disconnected ur tps connection. When I installed my pc3 it had the green light on but when my tps wire wasn't spliced into correctly, i got nothing when I would roll on the throttle. Like Sam said, you should post in the 06/07 forum. You never know, you could get a local member to come help you out on ur bike. I'm a lil too far, but I wish u luck.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaSchou View Post
Start by downloading a copy of the service manual and then post this in the K6/7 forum where you are more likely to get the answers you need unless you are only looking for input from fellow lady riders. Even so, you likely wont get many of those as it is mostly guys who post in here.
Thank you. I probablyill, I wasn't sure what luck i'd have but I wasn't in the mood that day to get any smart comments from anyone about me not knowing anything about it! I really don't though and def dont claim to! Thanks for your help (=
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdeezy25 View Post
I'm assuming it's a pc3 usb. Going from that you may have disconnected ur tps connection. When I installed my pc3 it had the green light on but when my tps wire wasn't spliced into correctly, i got nothing when I would roll on the throttle. Like Sam said, you should post in the 06/07 forum. You never know, you could get a local member to come help you out on ur bike. I'm a lil too far, but I wish u luck.
Thank you (: I'll have to look on there and try my luck! and I'll check that wire, because I am having a ton of wiring problems so who knows!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Ex-Lady Supermod

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajean View Post
Thank you. I probablyill, I wasn't sure what luck i'd have but I wasn't in the mood that day to get any smart comments from anyone about me not knowing anything about it! I really don't though and def dont claim to! Thanks for your help (=
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but I know nothing about fuel managers as I have never used/had one. I doubt anyone would give you crap, especially being a genuine quest for knowledge, unless you ask it really squid like
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 11:03 AM
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: THE SRADIATOR

If it was functioning properly at 1 time and now it is not, perhaps this is an issue for dyno jet to address.
I have heard they are good about resolving pc issues at usually no charge but can not say for sure as noting is for nothing these days.
I would give them a shout and see what they suggest and if there any costs associated to a pc check-up?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Both Handsome AND Pretty!

Motorcycle: Dromaius Novaehollandiae

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajean View Post
Nobody in here would ever give you wiseass comments! This Is GDC, home of the polite & understanding of the world!

Like Sam said, post in the regular forum, there's a lot of help in here as long as you're not looking to chrome your wheels or stretch your swingarm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode