gata600 hii - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Motorcycle: 2007 gsxr 600
gata600 hii

heyy ladies. is there really still a prejudice against women in the biking world? i mean damn, we have a black president, lets keep it movin lol.
ok well hi, newbie here. 2007 gsxr 600 red white black scheme. my boyfriend and i own it, hes been driving it because im iffy on shifting still. im gonna take the course cuz boys are stupid [] and i dont want anybody to teach me something wrong lol.
ive driven a shift car, and i have shifted a ninja a year or 2 back.. but once i practice getting it out of first ill be fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Lifetime Premium

Re: gata600 hii

Quote:
Originally Posted by gata600 View Post
im gonna take the course
This!

Shifting isn't hard at all. It's the clutch that takes some getting used to. They cover that very well in the three day basic course.
Welcome to GDC
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 02:02 AM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: Track: 2007 GSXR 600

Welcome!! You will get it down just keep practicing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Rhinestone Cowgirl

Princess Sparkly Britches Glitta Nail Potty Mouth's Avatar

Practice makes perfect....kick him of the bike and go around the block!!! But seriously welcome and take the course....you learn helpful things. Good Luck!!!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Squid

Motorcycle: 2005 gsxr 600 20th anniversary edition

i never took a class or even rode a 4 wheeler or dirt bike. got my first bike 10 months ago. 01 katana 600. dad took off out the driveway really quick so i figured it out pretty quick. the best way i learned though was the drag strip. 1 week after i got the bike and atarted riding i hit the strip. its easier to learn what the bike can do and cant do in a stright stretch. i sold the bike 5 months ago and now have a 2005 gsxr 600 20th anniversary edition. with plenty of mods. very fast and very light. SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME the first time i twisted the throttle hard!!!! any way welcome aboard and have fun with it. tell dude to get his own bike!!!!!!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Lifetime Premium

\\/\// [[]] \\/\//
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 11:22 AM
SVS
Bearded Viking Admin...

Motorcycle: '08 KTM SuperDuke R, '99 SV650S, '84 XL600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiMiTeDsoldier View Post
i never took a class or even rode a 4 wheeler or dirt bike. got my first bike 10 months ago. 01 katana 600. dad took off out the driveway really quick so i figured it out pretty quick. the best way i learned though was the drag strip. 1 week after i got the bike and atarted riding i hit the strip. its easier to learn what the bike can do and cant do in a stright stretch. i sold the bike 5 months ago and now have a 2005 gsxr 600 20th anniversary edition. with plenty of mods. very fast and very light. SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME the first time i twisted the throttle hard!!!! any way welcome aboard and have fun with it. tell dude to get his own bike!!!!!!
Rrrright... Never mind turning...

Fun thing, a large percentage of crashes among new riders happen when they go faster than their comfort level allows into a turn, think they can't make the turn and run off - while they would have easily been able to make the turn had they not panicked...

IMHO a new rider getting used to straight line speed without practicing turns (as on a drag strip) is quite counterproductive to learning to ride...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 02 GSX-R 750 y&b

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiMiTeDsoldier View Post
umm.... uhhhh..... a;lkfjasfkdlshfdas;lfh (asplode!)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: In market

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode