Need Opinion/Info on Icon Bombshell Leather Jacket - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 2004 GSXR 600
Need Opinion/Info on Icon Bombshell Leather Jacket

Hey there,

My gf and I have been looking for a jacket for her for a while now, and recently found a Bombshell Leather jacket for sale. The price is $150 and is brand new (from what I am told).

The question I have is that will this jacket have enough ventilation. I understand that this is a thinner leather than most, and that it is perforated along the sides -- but will this allow enough airflow? Myself, I wear a textile coat, and I love it. I just don't want her to have to deal with cooking inside her coat whenever we go for a ride.

Any input would be awesome, thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bombshell pic.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	151609   Click image for larger version

Name:	bombshell pic 2.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	151610  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 05:57 PM
Supersport

Motorcycle: 2008 GSXR 600
Re: Need Opinion/Info on Icon Bombshell Leather Jacket

Alot of people on this site are going to knock on Icon. Mostly for good reason though. They have NO research and development for any of their products. Anyone sponsered by them is most likely a stunter and never really "goes fast" I would look into alpinestars, speed and strengh and my personal opinion is that scorpion even makes better jackets. Check out sportbiketrackgear.com for literaly some of the cheapest gear on the web.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Alright, thanks for the info. I have looked into STG before, but being from Canada, they charge $55 to ship a leather jacket. Maybe if I find a good deal it can still work out for the better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Supersport

Motorcycle: 2008 GSXR 600

no problem
if your girl isnt to picky as far as appearance then you will find a killer deal. Im not sure if this deal is still going for this price but check out this thread.

https://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284954

GREAT jacket. have seen my friend go down in it and it held up amazing.

also a good textile jacket thats properly fit will hold up just like leather...only difference is you have to buy a new one after you go down where as leather can take multiple crashes
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 08:58 AM
Squid

Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR 600

depending on where you live, the summer months can be extremely hot. i personally only wear a leather jacket in the winter months but here in texas that is about 2 months out of the year... therefore i buy a not so pretty leather one and invest all of my money into a nice textile one for the rest of the year. it is my personal opinion, and i know it is a popular color but i would never wear a black jacket simply because of the heat factor during the warmer temperature.. the color alone will make it much more hot inside than a lighter colored one. hope this helps!!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

man, I wish I could ride all year round - but unfortunately it is a little bit too cold at the moment! What temperatures do you normally see in your winters? For us its been pretty steady around -30C (-22F) recently, not counting the windchill of course .

In the summer its usually around 25C (77F), which isn't too bad - sometimes it gets a bit warmer. Do you think this would be alright weather for riding in leather? I have never worn a leather coat before, only textile.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 04:19 PM
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb039 View Post
man, I wish I could ride all year round - but unfortunately it is a little bit too cold at the moment! What temperatures do you normally see in your winters? For us its been pretty steady around -30C (-22F) recently, not counting the windchill of course .

In the summer its usually around 25C (77F), which isn't too bad - sometimes it gets a bit warmer. Do you think this would be alright weather for riding in leather? I have never worn a leather coat before, only textile.
Well during our summers it gets up to (if not over) 105F and our winters hit about 30F for daytime hours. So... in your weather I would be willing to bet that a leather jacket would be fine year round... and the black may actually be nice to provide some more warmth and absorb the sunlight.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzup76020 View Post
no problem
if your girl isnt to picky as far as appearance then you will find a killer deal. Im not sure if this deal is still going for this price but check out this thread.

https://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284954

GREAT jacket. have seen my friend go down in it and it held up amazing.

also a good textile jacket thats properly fit will hold up just like leather...only difference is you have to buy a new one after you go down where as leather can take multiple crashes
true.. but hopefully they dont go down at all.. and if they do lets hope its minor and only once. i personally dont buy jackets that can go down 50 times cuz i dont plan on going down 50 times.. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode