Ladies, why do you ride? - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Ex-Lady Supermod

Garage
Ladies, why do we ride?

This is a good read but not why I ride. I got into riding as a friend got me started back in 1988. His reasoning was that I like speed, going fast so naturally motorcycles are a good match.

I will say he was right and I have been riding ever since. These days I ride conservative and relatively safely but I had my "invincible" years as well but don't we all? Even if you don't post up why you ride, it might be worth pondering "Why do I ride?"

http://www.blackbookmag.com/article/...urves/18155/P1

Last edited by Samantha750; 10-02-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 04:04 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: Street: K4 & K1 600 Track: K4 1000
Re: Ladies, why do you ride?

I ride for many reasons; my favorite is that "vibe" under the seat. Hey. hey. hey. . . you asked.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 05:09 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: STOLEN k7 600/1970s Yamaha gt80/ K9 1XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyDaniela View Post
I ride for many reasons; my favorite is that "vibe" under the seat. Hey. hey. hey. . . you asked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 11:42 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR600

Quote:
i've always wondered this. do you ladies actually get a "good" feeling from the seat? a friend of mine has this vibrator thing built into his backseat on his r6 so when he revs it up it makes the seat vibrate more. we call his bike the "vibe ride" lol
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 04:11 AM Thread Starter
Ex-Lady Supermod

Garage

Quote:
Well, I did ask.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 07:02 AM
Rusty Trumpeter

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR 600

Quote:
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 07:20 PM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR-750

Def. For the speed, the smells, the control, it's all amazing to me!
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: GSX R600

I love the speed, the control, the grace of the bike, the power, the sound...
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Track Day Winner

Wink Re: Ladies, why do you ride?

It's getting out there and riding with the guys to show that I can keep up! I love the feel of the power as soon as I crank that throttle and knowing that when these punks in their rice burners try to mess with me I can most of the time blow them away! I like seeing guys reactions when they see me pull up at a gas pump and take my helmet off to see its a girl on a crotch rocket.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: Suzuki GSXR 750 K8

I’m a bit of an adrenaline junky, I can fly planes, do aerobatics, sky dive, and riding a bike just came natural & the next step. You only go around once so enjoy it to the fullest....& the vibe under the seat...lol!!!
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Chubby Chaser

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-1000 (track), 2006 GSXR-600 (track/race)

More and more ladies I've noticed are taking it to the track these days as well which I think is awesome. Keep that in mind, as much fun as you think it is on the street....its an order of magnitude more fun on the track.

My friends Beth (purple) and Kristen (#925)

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Track Day Winner

As long as you keep the shiny side up your good! no matter where you ride street or track! Lol

By the way...the vibe under the seat is the best part of riding! hahaha
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 08:53 PM
!##NULL##!

Exclamation Re: Ladies, why do you ride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadGiXxR View Post
It's getting out there and riding with the guys to show that I can keep up! I love the feel of the power as soon as I crank that throttle and knowing that when these punks in their rice burners try to mess with me I can most of the time blow them away! I like seeing guys reactions when they see me pull up at a gas pump and take my helmet off to see its a girl on a crotch rocket.
great

We always have young male kids showing off with bikes that they have not earned the right to ride. These kids get in trouble, lose body parts, endanger other drivers, and make a whole lot of noise doing it.

This ruins the reputation of the sport biker more and more everyday.

Now we can add some girls into this mess.suicide

Some people should never be allowed to drive a car, a bike is just

So YOU ride to show off to the guys who are showing off to the girls ( and other kids).
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Track Day Winner

No I dont ride to show off...I ride to prove that riding motorcycles isnt just a male thing anymore. You took that the opposite way of how I meant it. My comment had nothing to do with showing off other than being able to cruise with guys! Maybe you should ask me how I meant it before you just assumed that Im to be added with the immature, irresponsible people that have motorcycles because I didnt mean it in anyway near how you just rephrased it! i dont get in trouble, I dont speed and i dont endanger other drivers by swirving thru traffic like some people do!
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Chubby Chaser

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-1000 (track), 2006 GSXR-600 (track/race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadGiXxR View Post
No I dont ride to show off...I ride to prove that riding motorcycles isnt just a male thing anymore. You took that the opposite way of how I meant it. My comment had nothing to do with showing off other than being able to cruise with guys! Maybe you should ask me how I meant it before you just assumed that Im to be added with the immature, irresponsible people that have motorcycles because I didnt mean it in anyway near how you just rephrased it! i dont get in trouble, I dont speed and i dont endanger other drivers by swirving thru traffic like some people do!

Good, don't feel like you are out to prove anything. ESPECIALLY doing it on public roads. Go out, ride, have fun. Don't do it for the sake of saying, hey those of you with penises, I can do what you can do. Most of the males I see riding motorcycles on the street aren't doing it right either. If you want to start proving how fast and skillfully you can ride.....do it on the track, and spank the guys' butts there.

Last edited by SPL170db; 11-06-2010 at 03:16 PM.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 07:37 AM
Track Day Winner

Thank you SPL170db for understanding what I meant! I didn't mean anything that I show off because I dont have near enough experience on a street bike to do that! I just meant that it's not just a male thing anymore that us ladies can get on a rocket and ride too! It's all about having fun and not having to be a passenger anymore! I've had my motorcycle license for 6 years but I've only actually had 4 years riding experience and only 4 months on my Gixxer so I'm not even dumb enough to go out and try to ride dumb because I could end up killing myself or hurting someone else!
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 07:46 AM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 1996 Gixxer 750 + 1997 TL 1000s

If only other noobs on gixxers were so honest and actually wanted to learn, instead of thinking that they were the shit!
Enjoy riding!
Cheers, Ad
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 08:05 AM
Track Day Winner

Hahaha I just turned 24 last week so i love my young life and wouldn't mess it up just by thinking I have to drive stupid and push it to the limits when im not used to it! It really helps that I have my husband to teach me things too. He started out on an 02 GSXR 600 bought it brand new went thru the safety course and upgraded to a hayabusa in 05. Since he is a construction worker, during the summer we didn't get much time to ride together because of late nights but when we do he lets me know what I do wrong and gives me a confidence boost on when I do something good so Im slowly learning on how to ride. I passed the safety course also which is how I got my license but that is just on a parking lot not with crazy SUV drivers talking on cell phones and speeding and not watching when a motorcycle is next to them...bad experience the first week I rode it! I told him I wanted to sell it then already!- Im used to the throttle now and when the clutch grabs and Im slowly dipping it harder in turns to a point Im still comfortable..dont want to get to confident because I dont want to push it too far!
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 1996 Gixxer 750 + 1997 TL 1000s

Do a riding course & go to the track.
You won't regret it! the track is so much fun!
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Track Day Winner

I took the safety course..that's how I got mylicense 6 years ago. As far as the track, I think i would be scared to go there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode