rearset Q n A - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: gsx-r750K9
rearset Q n A

i have a problem and im hoping someone can shed some light before i shed a bike. i just got my new 7-fidddy and im lovin her. The performance, power and capability, but.... on my other bikes i can tuck my knee into the hollow of the tank which is great for control (stock sets). ive already put the pegs in the innermost and highest spot on the stock bracket and still no knee love. So will (are there) rearsets that will give me that tucked in feel? Higher bracket mounting holes(adjustments) I must have some short legs or something i was also thinking about sucking it up and throwing some stompgrip on the part of the -frame? my knees come in contact with. Or am i just trippin? this is where my knees sit:

i still like gettin a little more luv from the tank tho

thanks in advance for any input on the subject
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 08:55 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: GSX R750 K7, 1199 Panigale
Re: rearset Q n A

Have you considered stirrups?

Look at the bright side, you won't wear away the paint on your tank.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 10:21 AM
Fragile Little Flower of Texan Femininity

Motorcycle: 10 BMW S1000RR, 09 gix6

yes, there are rear sets that will get your legs more tucked, but frankly, if you're legs are really short (i'm 5'3") then there's nothing that is gonna get your knees to your nipples.

rearsets will get you enough leverage, however, to control the bike like you're looking for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Provisional Novice

Hey everybody we gotta funny guy in here

i pulled myself into the tank this morning and im gonna try the stompgrips since i think stirups will totally screw up the look of the sidestand
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsainz View Post
Hey everybody we gotta funny guy in here

i pulled myself into the tank this morning and im gonna try the stompgrips since i think stirups will totally screw up the look of the sidestand
first of all, i'm not a guy.

secondly, i'm the mod in the section.

third, i instruct track days. i'm not being funny, i'm offering answers to your question.

tucking your knees into the exact pockets isn't a necessity, it's for comfort. as long as you can get them high enough to affect how you weight your body, then you're accomplishing what you need to to ride hard.

stompgrips are designed to keep your knees from slipping off the tank, but will do nothing for the "height" you were looking for.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixxerVixxen View Post
first of all, i'm not a guy.

secondly, i'm the mod in the section.

third, i instruct track days. i'm not being funny, i'm offering answers to your question.

tucking your knees into the exact pockets isn't a necessity, it's for comfort. as long as you can get them high enough to affect how you weight your body, then you're accomplishing what you need to to ride hard.

stompgrips are designed to keep your knees from slipping off the tank, but will do nothing for the "height" you were looking for.

apologies that was meant for efna as stirups were not the answer i was looking for. (even though i found it amusing so early in the morning) and i will make sure to quote when i reply from now on. I know that im not going to get any nipple action from the 7-fiddy even though i may like that. I asked the question to get educated answers, so thank you. The stomp grip is not going to lift me into the position im looking for, obviously, i mentioned this merely for better control as you said.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsainz View Post
apologies that was meant for efna as stirups were not the answer i was looking for. (even though i found it amusing so early in the morning) and i will make sure to quote when i reply from now on. I know that im not going to get any nipple action from the 7-fiddy even though i may like that. I asked the question to get educated answers, so thank you. The stomp grip is not going to lift me into the position im looking for, obviously, i mentioned this merely for better control as you said.
no worries i'm having a shit day, i prolly took it wrong.

and yeah...stirrups...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 12:54 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: GSX R750 K7, 1199 Panigale

How about some platform boots

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode