Gsxrs - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: Triumph TT600
Gsxrs

I'm new to this, but i wanted to talk about gsxrs. I just recently got to ride my boyfriends 2006 gsxr after practicing on his 82' maxim. Wow loved it! Great bike!! Tell me your opinions. Also I am looking for an older gsxr any good places to look for them?

Thanks!

Last edited by kawigirl259; 01-20-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Colonel H. Stinkmeaner

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-750
Re: Gsxrs

Try Craigslist, you can find good deals there. Welcome to the wonderful world of GSXR's.
post #3 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Chubby Chaser

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-1000 (track), 2006 GSXR-600 (track/race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawigirl259 View Post
I'm new to this, but i wanted to talk about gsxrs. I just recently got to ride my boyfriends 2006 gsxr after practicing on his 82' maxim. Wow loved it! Great bike!! Tell me your opinions. Also I am looking for an older gsxr any good places to look for them?

Thanks!

Craigslist
Want-ads
eBay

Also, since its your first bike you might want to consider something a little less ambitious than a GSXR. A Kawi Ninja 250R makes for an excellent starter bike. A Suzuki SV650 isn't bad either.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 07:47 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 04 gsxr 1000.05 motor HMF exhaust,GPR damper

ive had a ninja, 2 CBRs, and a gsxr. i have also ridden some yamahas. by far the gixxer is my favorite.
post #5 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL170db View Post
Craigslist
Want-ads
eBay

Also, since its your first bike you might want to consider something a little less ambitious than a GSXR. A Kawi Ninja 250R makes for an excellent starter bike. A Suzuki SV650 isn't bad either.

I am very interested in the 2008 250s and I love the sv650s! The only thing is i'm going to be commuting a lot at 80-90 mph and a 250 wouldn't cut it. Also I don't like the engine characteristics of a v-twin motor.

Last edited by kawigirl259; 01-21-2010 at 11:01 PM.
post #6 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanr View Post
ive had a ninja, 2 CBRs, and a gsxr. i have also ridden some yamahas. by far the gixxer is my favorite.
That's how my dad is, he is so set on me getting a gsxr. Which is fine with me by all means. I am used to crotchrockets, growing up around them cause of my dad, so I have learned the crotchrocket position and when I started practicing on my boyfriends maxim I ended up burning my knees/legs from trying to hug close to the bike. So when he decided to let me try his gsxr out I loved it! Very smooth, nice fit, and even though it's not a light bike like the 250s it still felt amazing. I was very pleased with this bike. I am only having to get used to the brake difference between the maxim and the gsxr, lol.
post #7 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 2011 GSX-R750

Quote:
So when he decided to let me try his gsxr out I loved it! Very smooth, nice fit, and even though it's not a light bike like the 250s it still felt amazing. I was very pleased with this bike. I am only having to get used to the brake difference between the maxim and the gsxr, lol.
get the gear, get the bike, get the practice, and go have fun!!
post #8 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Chubbs McPus, the Non-Gay Bashing Scene Kid

Motorcycle: a brand spanking used 06 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna C View Post
get the gear, get the bike, get the practice, and go have fun!!
i'll make sure of the first and third one, no worries there

she's got the fourth covered.. only missing link is the bike part.. doesn't wanna ride my 650 maxim..
post #9 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Track Pimp......who hates njracer and his love for BACON!

Motorcycle: 2009 Gsx-R 750

what year are you looking for?

Turk
post #10 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 06:32 PM

she's looking for older ones because they're going to be cheaper and a little less comlpicated to fix (we're both in school right now so prices for shops are too high for our budget if something breaks) i'm good enough with bikes to where i could fix anything BUT the more complicated electronics. and i enjoy working on them as well. (just not constantly).

PS. shes right here so act like your talking to her she'll read it
post #11 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 06:34 PM
Track Pimp......who hates njracer and his love for BACON!

Motorcycle: 2009 Gsx-R 750

I would say go with SV serious

Turk
post #12 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 06:36 PM

anyways.. water cooled or newer since i never answered.. sorry
post #13 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 06:38 PM

its tentative about the sv's there aren't many around here and they're all way too expensive, but what ever fits the budget will be given a chance (except honda)
post #14 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 2008 GSXR1000

Looking for a used bike? Then you have to check out he WERA site. Here is the link. http://forums.13x.com/ Just go to the classifieds and you should find what you are looking for. Good luck
post #15 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 12:47 AM
Squid

Motorcycle: Suzuki

hey new also to forums,but been riding for 5yrs now! I love all bikes but I started on a Suzuki 500 gsr it was a gr8 starter bike took it home and was hitting 70mph 1st dy then when you transition to a 600 gsxr or more cc its better feeling adn soo much smoother! Now I am all over the hyabusa and gsxr 100 but if anything the SV is a nice one 2...
post #16 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 01:18 AM
Nittany Lion

Motorcycle: Track - 99 SRAD 600, Street - Blue/White K8 750

Quote:
I am very interested in the 2008 250s and I love the sv650s! The only thing is i'm going to be commuting a lot at 80-90 mph and a 250 wouldn't cut it. Also I don't like the engine characteristics of a v-twin motor.
This is a very false statement in a dozen aspects. And misunderstood by a lot of others as well. The 250 will do 80-90 miles an hour easily. Just won't excellerate as nearly as fast as an R-bike up to that speed. And in fact is the ideal and perfect commuter bike. It has an amazing fuel economy, insurance is cheap as hell, parts are cheap and extremely easy to maintain. So EVERY word you and your boyfriend just said, makes absolutely no sense. None, what so ever. I ride constantly with a buddy. That's smaller, fairly well experienced and he does very well on it. He's 27 years old and has thousands of more miles and experience than a lot of people on here with bigger bikes. And those are hard ridden laying your bike and knee down, twisty miles. Not highway or Starbucks miles. Same exact bike suggested and pictured above, but only red. That bike can ride side by side with any c.c. R-bike at speeds up to 90 mph. It's only when the bikes accelerate quickly do they not compare. I've ridden it myself, it does very well. And at a great price for a newb as well. Those little 250's aren't the same little 250's from years past. They're sporty looking and run well. But, every newb thinks they're above a 250. " Commuting at 90 mph " ......wtf Go kill yourself, lol ! Imo, She's not asking for advice, she came on here to tell everyone what she wants and what she THINKS she is fit for. No personal flame attack, all newbs do it. And if you are looking at the cost side of things. Wait until you price insurance on an R-bike ! Never having had your license for very long, you're young and still in school. BA-BA-BOOM- $$$. P.s. You may or may not take this as a personal attack. Regardless, you may not see it now. Cause, you haven't lived and learned it. But believe it or not, I am trying to help you. But, I'm sure you and your boyfriend know best. Do you see much of a difference between these two bikes I pictured below for you ? Nope, you can't. But, I'll be kind enough to explain the one big difference. One is a 250 as already talked about. One is a 750 R race bike. They are the same size, both look sexy or stylish. Difference between the two ? One you will enjoy as much as the other being new to bikes. The second one will kill you in a blink of an eye if you can't handle it. And that doesn't include twisting the throttle and using the brakes, as you put it. Best of luck Just got on a bike for the first time, but SHE KNOWS, " a 250 will not cut it " That has got to be the most epic of a post in Gixxer.com history, lol ! We should make you famous for that one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg route 250 jessie and I 003.jpg (68.5 KB, 678 views)
post #17 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 05:56 AM
Nittany Lion

Motorcycle: Track - 99 SRAD 600, Street - Blue/White K8 750

See that little guy with that little 250 as some would think and say it. Well he's right there with me, " bangin-n-hangin " in some pretty technical stuff. And those are mountains with 9 % grades, at elevations above 3 thousand feet. Not flat straight highways in Kansas, Dorothy. I hope for your sake you're understanding my point ? Motorcycles are deadly, but fairly safe and a ton of fun, if you're smart and use your head and listen to others that do know what they are talking about and have been there and done that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg route 33 ride 024.JPG (136.9 KB, 675 views)
File Type: jpg route 33 ride 025.JPG (137.3 KB, 674 views)
File Type: jpg route 33 ride 013.JPG (123.4 KB, 673 views)
File Type: jpg Gixxer.com ride. Route 50 030.JPG (126.6 KB, 673 views)
File Type: jpg Gixxer.com ride. Route 50 006.JPG (129.1 KB, 671 views)
post #18 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam724 View Post
" Commuting at 90 mph " ......wtf
here's a better idea.. why don't you gtfo of MY GIRLFRIENDS thread asswipe
post #19 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 08:40 AM

btw top speed is 105mph jackass

so next time you call out ANYONE check your facts, I'M telling YOU that MY fucking girlfriend does not want a ninja 250 so shut up

and btw is that your boyfriend on the 250?

also i'm not flaming either

this is just an opinion and a question..

also bangin and hangin as you put it is kinda funny..

umm.. does he commute on that 250? i know that they are capable in corners but my point is, that a bike that tops out at 105 is going to be running a stupid high rpm at highway speeds (it isn't practical)

one last thing if you only read this i will be happy.. i want her to get a 250 i really do (sorry kawigirl) but she doesn't want one, but i can assure you that she will ride my maxim 650 until me and her father are satisfied that she can handle whatever bike she buys. i was also joking about the boyfriend part.

and what was your first bike pearljam724?

"Wait until you price insurance on an R-bike" damn good point

"I'd rather flirt with death than settle with life" -anonymous

Last edited by camshaftgsxr; 01-25-2010 at 09:30 AM.
post #20 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam724 View Post
This is a very false statement in a dozen aspects. And misunderstood by a lot of others as well. The 250 will do 80-90 miles an hour easily. Just won't excellerate as nearly as fast as an R-bike up to that speed. And in fact is the ideal and perfect commuter bike. It has an amazing fuel economy, insurance is cheap as hell, parts are cheap and extremely easy to maintain. So EVERY word you and your boyfriend just said, makes absolutely no sense. None, what so ever. I ride constantly with a buddy. That's smaller, fairly well experienced and he does very well on it. He's 27 years old and has thousands of more miles and experience than a lot of people on here with bigger bikes. And those are hard ridden laying your bike and knee down, twisty miles. Not highway or Starbucks miles. Same exact bike suggested and pictured above, but only red. That bike can ride side by side with any c.c. R-bike at speeds up to 90 mph. It's only when the bikes accelerate quickly do they not compare. I've ridden it myself, it does very well. And at a great price for a newb as well. Those little 250's aren't the same little 250's from years past. They're sporty looking and run well. But, every newb thinks they're above a 250. " Commuting at 90 mph " ......wtf Go kill yourself, lol ! Imo, She's not asking for advice, she came on here to tell everyone what she wants and what she THINKS she is fit for. No personal flame attack, all newbs do it. And if you are looking at the cost side of things. Wait until you price insurance on an R-bike ! Never having had your license for very long, you're young and still in school. BA-BA-BOOM- $$$. P.s. You may or may not take this as a personal attack. Regardless, you may not see it now. Cause, you haven't lived and learned it. But believe it or not, I am trying to help you. But, I'm sure you and your boyfriend know best. Do you see much of a difference between these two bikes I pictured below for you ? Nope, you can't. But, I'll be kind enough to explain the one big difference. One is a 250 as already talked about. One is a 750 R race bike. They are the same size, both look sexy or stylish. Difference between the two ? One you will enjoy as much as the other being new to bikes. The second one will kill you in a blink of an eye if you can't handle it. And that doesn't include twisting the throttle and using the brakes, as you put it. Best of luck Just got on a bike for the first time, but SHE KNOWS, " a 250 will not cut it " That has got to be the most epic of a post in Gixxer.com history, lol ! We should make you famous for that one.

I realize that you think I'm an idiot that thinks I can go hop on a 600 and think nothing about it, but i'm not. I love 250s (said that to begin with).
I said that because I've had friends that have warned me that a 250 will not be good for going back and forth to the school that I am going to. And right now I'm just not interested in a 250, sorry to burst your bubble, (the thread name is gsxrs). And you might not want to be going around making assumptions that your friend is a better rider than a lot of people here, you don't know these people, and I'm sure not going to go around saying my dads friend is a great rider and could school anyone here, cause I don't know that. I have no idea how any of these people ride.

Thank you for your input, but next time you can do it without acting like an ass-hole. Oh and mature a little please, who tells people, "go kill yourself" when you are trying to give them GOOD advice.

Oh and next time don't try and dumb things down for me like you can't tell by looking at a 250 and a 750 what the difference is. If you are that new to bikes to where you can't look at a 250 and a 750 and not know the difference just because they look the same then you don't need to be riding. Don't assume things and then decide to run your mouth and act like I'm just chosing a bike for the hell of it.

Last edited by kawigirl259; 01-25-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode