Any taller ladies on here? - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Amateur

Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki ZX-636R
Any taller ladies on here?

I'm really sorry if there's already a thread about this...

But I was wondering if any of you ladies were tall, like me, and had some advice on which leathers to look into. I'm 5'9" and slender...and I have the most horrible time finding women's gear that fits me It's always too short in the arms and torso.

I am looking to buy a new full set of track leathers...a zip-together jacket and pants set would be the best, but if you have advice on just jackets or pants alone, or even a one-piece suit, I'd be glad to hear it!

This search for gear is getting really frustrating!!

Thank you!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Twat Waffle View Post
congrats you just made me spit ravioli all over my laptop asshole
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 2008 GSXR 1000
Re: Any taller ladies on here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissGixxer View Post

But I was wondering if any of you ladies were tall, like me, and had some advice on which leathers to look into. I'm 5'9" and slender...and I have the most horrible time finding women's gear that fits me It's always too short in the arms and torso.

I am looking to buy a new full set of track leathers...a zip-together jacket and pants set would be the best, but if you have advice on just jackets or pants alone, or even a one-piece suit, I'd be glad to hear it!

Thank you!!!!

Miss Gixxer, you would be better off with a custom 1 or 2 piece suit made to your specific build. I have long legs, short torso & long arms so I am in the same boatCheck out http://www.tiltcustoms.com/Home.html $395 for a good quality suit. I have heard great things about them & they hold up well in crashes.
I don't own their product yet but I will be ordering one soon.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 11:39 PM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 998, 748, m900, Norton Commando 750, KTM 450tarded, BMW's on parade

<< Tall girl.

Not only tall, but long inseam. 34" to be exact. And, the most important part of that is the inseam to the knee. Most "women's" leathers are 15" to the knee armor - my legs are 18" to the knee. So, even if the hips fit me - the knee would painfully be in the wrong place.

Custom is always a good answer. www.syed.com imho makes the most cost-effective for the quality. GREAT quality for about the price of a suit off the rack.

The other options out there - Heroic leathers now make women's specific suits with the most realistic sizes. Personally, I have a few suits that are men's off the rack that have been tailored to fit me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 07:57 AM
!##NULL##!

Get one custommade for you or get a man's gear. I am 6'0" and have very long legs. Nothing fits me either. I have the Dainese Yu Lady one-piece now, but next time I am getting a Dainese one-piece man's suit for sure.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Expert

I'm 5'9 also and just bought Scorpion leathers which fit great. My inseam is 32"
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissGixxer View Post

Thank you!!!!
custom. On the right coast, a lot of the ladies (and guys for that matter) go with Syed. Damn good brand for a good price

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 07:55 PM
Both Handsome AND Pretty!

Motorcycle: Dromaius Novaehollandiae

I'm not a lady, at least not most of the time, but I'm tall & thin. Off the rack wasn't even close. I went with NJK leathers in Ca. Kelcey is the hands on owner for custom suits that are really nice. Fully optioned it was about $1,300. Very good quality & great fit. Full Bohn armor, multi color designs however you want, & fully perfed. I originally wanted a 2 piece & he makes them, but Kelcey talked me into a 1 piece. More comfy while you are on the bike & safer if you bite the big one.
http://www.njkleathers.com/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg about 600 feet out.jpg (51.8 KB, 210 views)

President & founding Member of IACOGDC, Insensitive Asshole Club Of GDC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proudly Banned 1,000,001 times!! GDC world record holder for bannings! Oldfart is mildly retarded, be kind
_
Rest in peace Mom, you were the best, 3/16/30 - 10/16/15
RIP Brother Bill, 5/28/54-11/25/15
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 2007 GSX-R600

This will come in handy for me as well!
Im looking to start getting into track this coming year, but I know finding a suot is going to be a pain in the ass. im 5'10" with some curvy hips, and a smaller waist. Not sure what my in seam is, but im sure its a bit longer than average.
If anyone else has some good custom suits to look at, keep it coming!
And any in CA?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode