Slow right turn anxiety... - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR 750
Slow right turn anxiety...

Ok...here's the deal. I am finding that my GSXR 750 is way different than my Ninja 650. I am having issues, it seems, turning right from a stop. On the Ninja, due to the upright riding position, I did the MSF course thing of turning the wheel and counter balancing through a right turn coming from a stop. This bike doesn't react/feel the same doing this...I end up going wide or feeling like I need to put a foot down to keep my balance in such a slow maneuver.

Regular riding I am fine, right curves/turns going at speed...I counter steer like a charm. Slow left turns and left turns coming from a stop NOT A PROBLEM, but those dang slow right turns have me frustrated.

Can anyone give me insight on how to get over my slow right turn issue or am I doomed to reroute myself left for the rest of my life?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: GSXR 600
Re: Slow right turn anxiety...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trissi_750 View Post
Ok...here's the deal. I am finding that my GSXR 750 is way different than my Ninja 650. I am having issues, it seems, turning right from a stop. On the Ninja, due to the upright riding position, I did the MSF course thing of turning the wheel and counter balancing through a right turn coming from a stop. This bike doesn't react/feel the same doing this...I end up going wide or feeling like I need to put a foot down to keep my balance in such a slow maneuver.

Regular riding I am fine, right curves/turns going at speed...I counter steer like a charm. Slow left turns and left turns coming from a stop NOT A PROBLEM, but those dang slow right turns have me frustrated.

Can anyone give me insight on how to get over my slow right turn issue or am I doomed to reroute myself left for the rest of my life?
I feel the same on my 600 ... i came from ninja250 and i find right turns at slow speed with gixxer are pretty interesting at slow speed in tight parking lots ... someone told me to put my knee out and the bike will do it's magic .. i tired a couple times but haven't been able to really ride since we are having cold weather now try the knee thing see if it works, then let me know.. good luck
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 03:18 PM
Expert

Garage
Re: Slow right turn anxiety...

don't know if this will help you but, you can ride the clutch through your turn when taking off from a stop and keep your speed more controllable that should make it better for keeping a tighter line. For turns at speed just practice a little more it'll get easier I had the same issue my first bike was a K1 750 after a while rights and lefts where the same for me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode