What Do You Ladies Ride? - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

What Do You Ladies Ride?

Hi Ladies,

I am buying a new bike. I have a Ninja 500r now. I am a 5' 2" and 128 lbs female. I am looking to move up to a GSXR. I would like to get a feel for what the average female rides. I have one year riding experience and want to move up to a more powerful bike, but not too far. I posted on another forum and got some good advice, but would like to get a female perspective before I decide. Secondly, I think a lot of the guys did not read that i was a female. They kept calling me "man" "dude", "Dog"...etc. LOL I am looking at a 2008 600 or 750. The responses in the other forum are split between the two.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Rhinestone Cowgirl

Re: What Do You Ladies Ride?

Currently I've got a 2008 GSXR 600.....I do not understand why people buy more than a 600cc bike....oh, I forgot - testosterone!

Not a huge difference between the 600 or 750....go with what you feel more comfortable on....
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 10:24 AM
Im a SEX addict and proud of it!

Motorcycle: '08 gixxer 1K - sold; I have no bike :o(

I started on a SV650.. moved to a 600.. and now I have an '08 1K.... and I don't have testosterone if it was me I'd go with the 600.... ride safe..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Fragile Little Flower of Texan Femininity

Motorcycle: 10 BMW S1000RR, 09 gix6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitsVtec View Post
Currently I've got a 2008 GSXR 600.....I do not understand why people buy more than a 600cc bike....oh, I forgot - testosterone!

Not a huge difference between the 600 or 750....go with what you feel more comfortable on....
there absolutely IS a huge difference, just not in physical size of the bike.

i'm currently on an 05 1k for the street and an 07 600 for my track bike, but i wouldn't call that typical for women in my experience. i had 5 600's before this tho.
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Rhinestone Cowgirl

By no means am I trying to offend anyone by saying testosterone is in all 1K riders...I'm speaking from the point of view that every guy that asks what I ride (after assuming a 250) and when I say a suzuki - right away "a thou" comes out....it's like an automatic hardon for them...I meant that as more of a joke...

Speaking from the point of the 600 v. 1000 - yes there is a noticeable difference between those bikes - you're almost double in horsepower, but from what I read on the 600 v 750, I gathered that there wasn't much of a difference, except the motor (600 has a 36.5 cubic engine and the 750 has a 45.8 cubic engine). They have almost the same weight, same seat height, length, and width. I can't say I've ridden one, so I'm not sure how it handles compared to the 600, but I would imagine it would be similar.

I can tell you going from the F4i to the GSXR was a huge difference for me, although they are the same ccs. The ride position, the weight, the width, gearing, etc....

What is all boils up to is comfort....
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Expert

I'm on an 09 1000 as my first bike but that was a bad decision. I'm enjoying it and probably wouldn't do it differently if I had the chance. I would like a 600 as a track bike though...just from what I've heard about them on the track... But mine handles great in the mountains and I was comfortable with the size and the weight because it was the same as my Burgman 400.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Fragile Little Flower of Texan Femininity

Motorcycle: 10 BMW S1000RR, 09 gix6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusaPhie213 View Post
I'm on an 09 1000 as my first bike but that was a bad decision. I'm enjoying it and probably wouldn't do it differently if I had the chance. I would like a 600 as a track bike though...just from what I've heard about them on the track... But mine handles great in the mountains and I was comfortable with the size and the weight because it was the same as my Burgman 400.
your learning curve on a 600 will be much greater than that on a 1k.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: GSXR 1300 Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixxerVixxen View Post
your learning curve on a 600 will be much greater than that on a 1k.
+1 I went from a 600 katana to the busa and both are fun I perfer the busa for long trips and twisties and don't regret one day about stepping up from a 600 to a 1300 as long as you use common sense and have throttle control you should be ok.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 05:33 PM
Squid

I ride a 600 GSXR 08, I luv it! it is my first bike ever and have no problems so far. I learned on this bike! i know its against advice, but it was the only bike that i liked (looks wise) and one of the shorter ones. Im a shorty too, Im 5'0 and 118 lbs, I had my bike lowered 2inches and now I feel comfortable on it, so u have had experience before... go ahead they are fun and fast!
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Squid

My first bike was a Suzuki 2006 SV650S (ugly bright red lol) and then I rolled over to an '06 GSXR 600 several months later. Honestly I enjoyed riding the SV650S moreso than I do the GSXR. I guess I'm still getting used to being comfortable with power. 600 is all that I need.
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 08 GSX-R 750

Idunn,

I generally don't like to ppost in a ladies form b/c some women get all pissy and get thier panties in a bunch but maybe my decisions may help you decide on what to do..

first thing i am going to say is Dont ask other what you should ride... ask your self, research the bikes you interested in, try and test ride them or take a friends for a spin around th block, sit on a bunch as well.. see what fits you and feels confortable. Read all you can and learn as much as you can before making a decision.

Me being male i have to totally agree with the male testosterone thing... when i was looking for a bike every guy friend was like "Get the 1000 and get it over with" blah blah blah... But just b/c your female does not mean you should not get a 1k either, women tend to respect the power more then men and women tend to be less reckless as well..

Personally, i think a 1k is way more power then i need or can even use but maybe in the future i'll change my mind (you know us men)..

I know women dont think like men do but here is what helped me decide on a 750 over a 600

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/9/1359...omparison.aspx

It was a great article!! I have ridden various 600/636 and was quite comfortable with the power especially since i never owned a bike before. There was always 1 thing that stuck in my head, everyone i have talked to said that after a year on a 600 they wished they had bought a bigger bike, yes all male, and that was the one thing i didnt want. I didnt want to regret buying a 600 and wanting more (testosterone thing again).
When comparing the 600-750 nearly all specs were the same except for the motor... i can truely attest to the fact that the 750 was the best choice i made.

It rides like a 600, feels comfortable and just as ninble but it has more power. I am not saying its huge difference like 600 to 1000 but the added torque over the 600 makes it really nice to ride on the street, it has the power to pull comfortably in any gear even at 3k rpm. normally on the street my r's are between 3-6k, i usually shift around 6k. But when i feel like gettin on it the 750 hauls ass like a raped ape... the power is there when i want it...

On the 600 i felt the need to downshift if r's dropped to around 3k, it just didnt have the torque to pick up speed, it felt like it was laboring a bit, the 750 does not struggle at all.. Im not going to tell you that its a huge power difference but it is noticable, especially low and mid rpm, on top its not so noticable. On the same note, my bro's 1k pulls damn hard from 3k and the power difference is huge...

When i was in the dealership to buy my bike the dealer was trying to convince me to get a 600, he said you can make mods to the 600 to make it faster then a 750. I was like, well anything you can do to a 600 you can do to a 750 and why whould i want to buy a 600 and put $2000 into making it as fast as a 750 when i can just buy a 750?? From car racing i know that there is no replacemt for displacement. If the 750 becomes "not fast enough" i can do mods to it to make it faster.. but again im looking at it from a male perspective. most of my female friends are more concerned with how pretty thier bike looks and and sweet it sounds. yes they care about the performance but not as much as the men do..

my advice is:
1. try and ride both and see which one you feel more comfortabel with
2. know your personality, if you're the type of person who tends to want more once you get used to something then go for the 750

The 750 is not all that much faster then the 600, i feel its more streetable and has more useful power w/o having to ring its neck or rev the shit out of it to get it to move. You can always twist the wrist less but you can't always twist it more....

most of the time im tooling around in 6th gear at 50mph or so, rpm is generally low, 3-4k but if i wanna pass someone or just speed up, i roll on the trottle and she she moves effortlessly (no i dont mean like a rocket off a launchpad), she comfortable and smoothly accellerates, i dont need to downshift... but if i do drop a few gear.. damn she pulls nicely... also, neither the 750 or the 600 is wheelie prone.. im 130lbs and my 750 does not come up easy on me, will it lift? yes , of course it will but not w/o me doing something dumb like snapping the throttle in 1st at 8k or shifting hard to 2nd while staying on the throttle..

hope this helped a little

Last edited by 3/4 LITER GSX-R; 07-30-2009 at 11:44 AM. Reason: spelling and grammer...
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 06:04 AM
Squid

I first started riding road bikes when I was 16 with a brand new GPX 250, then it didn't take long to get bored with this and went onto buy a ZXR 600, to follow up with a 2001 GSXR 750. Have not had a bike for the last 5 years and just bought a 2008 GSXR 750. I nearly bought a 1000 but found it to be a little to heavy, so waited till I was able to get the 750 in the colour I wanted.

I figured as there was not much price difference between a GSXR600 and the GSXR750 I would stay with the GSXR750 as I loved the colour.

Good luck with your choice, hope it all work out for you.

Jenn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000928.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	116952  
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Squid

Motorcycle: 2008 GSX-R 600

i started out as a completely new rider on my 2008 gsxr600. I LOVE it! It's the most light bike in its class I believe... plus its one of the lowest (great for a girl). Plenty of power, plus its got the Mode Swith, which is great for new riders.
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 08:20 AM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 08 GSXR 750

I have a 08 gsxr 750.. it was my first bike and im 5'2 female as well i love the bike has just enough power and still corners just as good as the 600.. the only thing is when i sit on the bike im on my tippy toes.. not a prob when riding but when ur trying to back ur bike up things tend to get tricky and i dont wanna lower it.. but thats the only flaw with it in my eyes and it as well has that abc modes..
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 08:45 AM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike

Get off of it to back it up .

The 600 is more than enough bike already. A 750 has that much more power still, and is as light as a 600. Power is not the end all be all of sporting prowess. Learn to ride a smaller bike well, rather than using a bigger bike to make up for any "flaws" in your riding with the HP.

I have ridden 600, 750, 1000, 1300, turbo 1300, full built 750 superbikes etc. I still chose to ride the 600. And even though I am not gods gift to riding, at almost any track I can make the 600 lap as fast as the guys on 1000s...... because I can use the bike close to its potential, where they are using the 1000 brutt strength to make up for lake of braking or applying power early out of corners

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:
:

:
:
:
:
:
:SFH : SBS : VHS :

Coupon code "motojoe" for discount on hazardous racing leathers
2013 WERA National Challenge 3rd place
WERA Expert #20

post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 08 GSXR 750

I do get off the bike to back it up but everyone knows that the 750 is not that lite.. and for a smaller girl like me being 5'2 it makes it kinda difficult.. thats all i was trying to get to..
post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR 750, 2007 Honda CRF150R Supermoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIXXER813 View Post
I do get off the bike to back it up but everyone knows that the 750 is not that lite.. and for a smaller girl like me being 5'2 it makes it kinda difficult.. thats all i was trying to get to..
The 750 is the exact same bike as the 600 other then being over-bored and having a couple little extra gadgety tid bits. The 600 isn't any lighter if that's what some one lead you to believe.
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 12:29 AM
Squid

Motorcycle: 02 GSXR 600/07GSXR 1000

I started off with a Suzuki Katana (600cc), and then moved up to an 02 GSXR 600. I now ride an 07 GSXR 1000. I think a 600 is a great bike. My GSXR 600 seems to really fit me, and I find that I can get away with the same things on the 1000. It wasn't too heavy, and it had more than enough power. I think it boils down to comfort and sensibility. If you ride responsibly, you should have no problem with the 600. I agree with the other ladies; you have to be comfortable on the bike and ride within your limits.
post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: '07 GSXR-750

I absolutely love my 07 750... I did alot of research and like it has been said theres not alot of difference expecially weight wise. The biggest thing for me was that I didnt have to dig as hard or as high as the 600 to get that smooth feeling I love. Personal choice, Everyones different.

The girls on here ride 600's, 750's, 1k's even the busa's but its all about what is the most comfortable for you. Do your research, go sit on them... especially ride them if you have the chance and make your own dission.

Because at the end of the day YOU are the one that should look at your bike and say IM CONFIDENT AND PROUD OF MY BIKE. While never havin to wonder if someone else made the the right choice for you. Also, you are the one making the payments.
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 11:03 PM
Wants 2 b one of the guys

Motorcycle: 08 Gix 1k

I don't know why everyone makes such a big deal about the WEIGHT diff. My 06 1000 is I believe 6 pounds heaver than the 06 600 dry. (365 vs 359) SIX pounds. Its the chassis that is longer and makes it a little more work to throw around on the track for example. I think my 08 1000 is 379 dry from the big ass OEM dual pipes they decided to put on there. Which really is still nothing. My Blackbird DRY was 492.

Ride them all if at all possible. The fit and feel is what matters, and be smart and you won't have to worry (as much) with a bigger bike. I'm bored to tears on the 600's I've ridden, dont like Honda's or Yamaha's powerband or Kawi suspension and personally think the busa's feel like a couch. Which can be good or bad depending what you're using it for. I'm a pretty die hard Suzi fan, and LOVE the 05-08 1k's... but that's just ME. No one has to love YOUR bike (as wrld put it well) so you make the choice that you feel is best for you. As long as you get a good deal, you won't be in a bad sitch to sell it if for some reason you don't like it or wanna go bigger or smaller.

Good luck and post pics when you make your decision!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode