Why? - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 03:04 AM Thread Starter
Ex-Lady Supermod

Garage
Why?

I would like to know why the walls in the GixxerGirls forum oozes testosterone? This should be a place for ladies to communicate with other ladies about well, anything pertaining to or concerning us! Yet it seems that the male/female ratio is like 80 to 1. I know this room tends to be slow but maybe that is why it's slow. I rarely come here anymore 'cause what's the point? You ask the ladies for advice and get 50 replies from guys.

Here is one of the most recent cases: https://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231287 She asks what we GIRLS are riding and instead gets flamed for her personal choice of whether or not to wear gear by a bunch of over-opinionated guys. I personally find this tasteless and wrong. I'll get flamed for this post but I just don't care anymore.

Every forum I belong to has a ladies area but are overrun by guys. It doesn't matter what the rules are, if it's not moderated 24/7 it's just useless. Surprisingly, most of these rooms are near dead as well except for the 100 guys that is because the ladies just gave up. This is one area where women should be able to post without the over-inflated egos of the boys.

Even guys who ask for the ladies advice will get an ear full of guys opinions on the subject. Ask "What helmets are you other girls sporting?" and guys will tell you what they are wearing, like anyone cares or asked.

So boys, have at it. Tell me how wrong I am and why guys shouldn't be excluded from GIXXERGIRLS. Flame me for having an opinion and worse yet, expressing it, especially here in the GIXXERGIRLS forum.

Samantha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 04:13 AM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: K2 1000
Re: Why?

Probably because the admins are allowing us to respect the rules (which we're abusing), rather than setting up the forum to allow only female users. We probably should be banned from the girls section, or it will more than likely keep happening. TBH, I do think you have a good point.

How about making every user put male/female in their profiles, and allowing access to the girls area automatically based on the profile setting? Just a suggestion...

Personally I just click "new posts" at the top, and if a thread title comes up that I'm interested in, I'll go to it, whatever section it's in. I dare say that this is what most people are doing.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 07:04 AM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: gsxr 600 SRAD

This forum is made up of little girls. What do you expect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 07:56 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 02 f4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaSchou View Post
I would like to know why the walls in the GixxerGirls forum oozes testosterone? This should be a place for ladies to communicate with other ladies about well, anything pertaining to or concerning us! Yet it seems that the male/female ratio is like 80 to 1. I know this room tends to be slow but maybe that is why it's slow. I rarely come here anymore 'cause what's the point? You ask the ladies for advice and get 50 replies from guys.

Here is one of the most recent cases: https://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231287 She asks what we GIRLS are riding and instead gets flamed for her personal choice of whether or not to wear gear by a bunch of over-opinionated guys. I personally find this tasteless and wrong. I'll get flamed for this post but I just don't care anymore.

Every forum I belong to has a ladies area but are overrun by guys. It doesn't matter what the rules are, if it's not moderated 24/7 it's just useless. Surprisingly, most of these rooms are near dead as well except for the 100 guys that is because the ladies just gave up. This is one area where women should be able to post without the over-inflated egos of the boys.

Even guys who ask for the ladies advice will get an ear full of guys opinions on the subject. Ask "What helmets are you other girls sporting?" and guys will tell you what they are wearing, like anyone cares or asked.

So boys, have at it. Tell me how wrong I am and why guys shouldn't be excluded from GIXXERGIRLS. Flame me for having an opinion and worse yet, expressing it, especially here in the GIXXERGIRLS forum.

Samantha
There were plenty of girls telling her she should wear gear. Plus, what really happened is she went and started another thread in the general forum, people started searching her posts, and they linked back.

I'm not saying the guys don't tend to post useless shit in girl threads sometimes, but I think this case doesn't really count- the poster in question both wanted, created and furthered all the "flaming".
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 08:23 AM
Rump Ryder PermaSquid

Motorcycle: 09 Gixxer 750, 05 Heritage softail Harley Davidson (STOLEN), 96 Banshee

Good point Samantha, and I totally agree with you us guys should not be in your part of the forum, but like BREAKZ said I click on new posts and goto the post if I am interested in it, I really do not read what section it is in, but if the moderators change the girls section to only allow girls then problem solved. Hey moderators fix this issue!!

Last edited by 09Gixxer750; 06-25-2009 at 08:27 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 08:36 AM
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: k4 600 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgdave View Post
This forum is made up of little girls. What do you expect.
hey! im not litto dave!

lulz
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 09:54 AM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike

Bans will be handed out, without warning if you fuckers dont stop the bullshit

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode