Tires? Any suggestions ladies? - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR 1000
Tires? Any suggestions ladies?

08 gix 750 lady rider here Bout to replace my tires. Any opinions as to what I should get? Good bad reviews? I'm all ears!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Superbike

Motorcycle: 06 750
Re: Tires? Any suggestions ladies?

Any reason a tire question is in the girls section??

Michelin Pilot Road 2's
Bridgestons BT021's
Dunlop Roadsmarts
Pirelli Diablo Stradas

All of these are good street tires even for tearing it up and hauling ass in the canyons, which I doubt you're doing
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR 1000

lmao. Yea yea. Just put it here, cause I wanted the ladies opinions of what they prefer. Yours is welcome too. Thanks. I was actually leaning twds the Pirelli's

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post

Michelin Pilot Road 2's
Bridgestons BT021's
Dunlop Roadsmarts
Pirelli Diablo Stradas

All of these are good street tires even for tearing it up and hauling ass in the canyons, which I doubt you're doing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Superbike

Motorcycle: 06 750

If you like Pirellis I'd go with the Stradas for sure. You'll probably get a bunch of people who don't know any better who will swear you need the Corsa III's, or Diablo Rossos or one of those tires that you could hardly even find the limit of grip on the track. Basically the Strada will last twice as long as those tires and still provide plenty of grip for whatever you find yourself doing on the street
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: K7 GSX-R600, '01 CBR929

For what type of riding? Street: twisties, highway, commuting, touring? Trackdays?
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 02 f4i

Same kinds of tires as the guys use? : Personal preference and needs really. I've got the Bridgestones, mainly a recreational street rider though, no track/touring.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 99 750 (sold), 98 tlr (in progress), 07 f650 dakar (daily driver)

why not stick with the bt 016. my girlfriend just did track school and one the guys had a new 750 and i was surprised how well the 16's held up on the track. i have 16's on my srad and they seem to be keeping thier shape for the driving i. FYI lol she was on a old ex500 as her bandit 1200 is her baby and a heavy one at that. . but she kept up with the newer 600's in her group lol and even the old battlax 45's on the ex got pretty gummy
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Wants 2 b one of the guys

Motorcycle: 08 Gix 1k

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post

Michelin Pilot Road 2's
Bridgestons BT021's
Dunlop Roadsmarts
Pirelli Diablo Stradas

Dude!!!
Some of us LADIES actually know tires too. And it's pretty lame to just naturally ASSUME she's not "tearing it up." Ghey.

I HATE Bridgestones. Loved my Pilot Powers and loved my Corsa III's even better. Got tons of life out of both- both are fine dor light track days and mostly street riding. Track tires, diff story all together. But then again, Ima girl, so what do I know.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Wants 2 b one of the guys

Motorcycle: 08 Gix 1k

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT750 View Post
why not stick with the bt 016. my girlfriend just did track school and one the guys had a new 750 and i was surprised how well the 16's held up on the track. i have 16's on my srad and they seem to be keeping thier shape for the driving i. FYI lol she was on a old ex500 as her bandit 1200 is her baby and a heavy one at that. . but she kept up with the newer 600's in her group lol and even the old battlax 45's on the ex got pretty gummy
Man, I hated the "battle-slips" and didn't know what a great tire felt like til I bought something better. When I switched from those to just the Pilot Powers it was such a HUGE difference. So much so, that it actually felt like I changed my suspension. (And not feeling EVERY fookin pebble in the street wasn't bad either.) You absolutely get what you pay for in tires, though there is certainly a fine line between what is warranted for the type of riding/racing you're doing.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Fragile Little Flower of Texan Femininity

Motorcycle: 10 BMW S1000RR, 09 gix6

battle axes are crap.

my recommendation would be the Pilot Powers 2CTs. dual compound. harder in the center for your highway/general riding and sofer/stickier on the outter edges for when you're tearing it up.

and andrew, that was a pretty bone-headed comment assuming she wasn't going to be tearing it up
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Anyone want to do a trackday or go camping?

Motorcycle: 06 gsxr 1000

I liked the bt016 a lot better then the 2ct
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 04:50 PM

i hated the battle axes for my style of riding. i don't feel that the tire life compensated for the lack of feel and relative lack of grip. but again, that's for my style of riding
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Anyone want to do a trackday or go camping?

Motorcycle: 06 gsxr 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixxerVixxen View Post
i hated the battle axes for my style of riding. i don't feel that the tire life compensated for the lack of feel and relative lack of grip. but again, that's for my style of riding
Which battleaxes are you referring to? the bt016 are similar to the 2ct. I currently have 2800 miles on my rear tire and it still has lots of life yet. Should hit 6-7k easily including a trackday
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06gixxer1k View Post
Which battleaxes are you referring to? the bt016 are similar to the 2ct. I currently have 2800 miles on my rear tire and it still has lots of life yet. Should hit 6-7k easily including a trackday
stockers. and i'm not a huge fan of bridgestones (bikes) in general. don't really like the profile either (how they turn in for me). fwiw, i run bridgestone's on my z06 and that's a different story

not a fan of dunslops either.

i've always been happy with the meztler m1 (old) and m3. good bang for the buck, good longevity, good grip, good turn in etc. like the supercorsa diablos too but it's been a while since i've run those.

again, i've always been very happy with the pp's and really like their current 2ct.

but again, to each their own. i know folks who swear by dunlops. i won't ever put another set on my bike...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by GixxerVixxen; 06-03-2009 at 06:41 PM.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Ex-Lady Supermod

Garage

I will be going with the BT021's when my OEM tires are done but that is my preference. Getting to my favorite roads can be 150-250 miles one way so I need tire life vs. grip. I do spirited riding but have never out ridden sport touring tires before on my other bikes. I'm not a racer and don't pretend to be but yes, I enjoy the twisties as much as anyone else.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 05 GSXR 750 and looking another toy

Continental Road Attacks have been great for me. I run the Race Attacks for the track and they grip like glue. The Road Attacks have great handling, grip like they are on rails, excellent wet weather traction, and superb longevity. No more expensive than the 2ct's and handle as good or better in my opinion. I tried different tires every time I needed tires until I found the Attacks... I recommend trying different tires until you find what rides best for you. Everyone is different and what is good for "Jane" may ride like crap to you. Just make sure your front tire matches your back so ones isn't shaped different from the other...

Just my .02cents
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode