Post your pics/vids of what you take down the track - Page 2 - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 517 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: ( . )( . )
Re: Post your pics/vids of what you take down the track

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxre750 View Post
I like everyones version of what a stock motor is:_lol: 8.70-8.80 on a stock motor....maybe with spray. Not dissing anyones riding abilities, but It aint a stock motor imo. If you are that good of a rider on what you say the bike is, pm me and you can fly down to make some passes on my bike with the same setup. If you make it go 8.70-8.80, I will pay for your airfair, hotel, and give you $$$$! We have one of the fastest tracks in the country down here and its at sea level.

A stock motor is a stock motor. No aftermarket pistons, rods, crank, port work, valves, springs, retainers, etc. All oem!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 517 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostinscooby View Post
A stock motor is a stock motor. No aftermarket pistons, rods, crank, port work, valves, springs, retainers, etc. All oem!
I agree!
post #23 of 517 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 01:56 PM
Expert

hows that turbo coming boostinscoob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 517 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Expert

Quote:
I agree!
It would be totally different if we said stock bikes! lol

Last edited by boostinscooby; 12-23-2008 at 04:07 PM.
post #25 of 517 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by d7k8gsxr600 View Post
hows that turbo coming boostinscoob
Its finished finally besides my fuel pump. I was going to put an intank fuel pump in but that was going to be a pita so I just ordered an external walbro. It will be here on the 30th so Ill get to hopefully fire it up before the new year. Im going to take video and lots of pictures so stay tuned!

post #26 of 517 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Track Day Winner

Quote:
I like everyones version of what a stock motor is:_lol: 8.70-8.80 on a stock motor....maybe with spray. Not dissing anyones riding abilities, but It aint a stock motor imo. If you are that good of a rider on what you say the bike is, pm me and you can fly down to make some passes on my bike with the same setup. If you make it go 8.70-8.80, I will pay for your airfair, hotel, and give you $$$$! We have one of the fastest tracks in the country down here and its at sea level.
I'm sorry your an inferrior rider but talking shit about something you know nothing about doesn't fly with me. I am the owner of the yellow and black bike that slow95gsx was riding and I was personally there when all these passes were made. All of our bikes went the numbers posted with completely 100% stock motors, valve covers have never been off. Hell, my bike still has the stock spark plugs in it and was on 87 PUMP GAS that day. Slow95gsx is a riding machine on a stretched 1000 and I will put him up against anybody on equal bikes. If you or anyone else on this site do not believe that these bikes are 100% stock motors then I tell you what we will do, you travel here to Louisville Ky zip code 40219 and pay for gaskets and 2 hours of labor and we will pull the motors out of each one of the bikes and take them apart. Once you find out that they are stock motors then you give each one of us $1000 for the trouble and admit to everyone on this forum that you are a donkey.
post #27 of 517 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsol View Post
I'm sorry your an inferrior rider but talking shit about something you know nothing about doesn't fly with me. I am the owner of the yellow and black bike that slow95gsx was riding and I was personally there when all these passes were made. All of our bikes went the numbers posted with completely 100% stock motors, valve covers have never been off. Hell, my bike still has the stock spark plugs in it and was on 87 PUMP GAS that day. Slow95gsx is a riding machine on a stretched 1000 and I will put him up against anybody on equal bikes. If you or anyone else on this site do not believe that these bikes are 100% stock motors then I tell you what we will do, you travel here to Louisville Ky zip code 40219 and pay for gaskets and 2 hours of labor and we will pull the motors out of each one of the bikes and take them apart. Once you find out that they are stock motors then you give each one of us $1000 for the trouble and admit to everyone on this forum that you are a donkey.
Nice bike man and welcome to the boards. Sometimes you have to save your breath on these boards and look the other way when people post stupid comments.
post #28 of 517 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsol View Post

the true question is....are you going that fast with stock motor and spray / stock motor and no spray???

if w/ spray i had a stock 750 w/ alittle shot that went 5.78 in the 1/8 at 124 last year in 2007
post #29 of 517 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 04:22 PM
Expert

Ok, Ill post my before pictures...

Few launch videos from a Sunday of playing around and getting some practice...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=44593807

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=44593590

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=44593276
post #30 of 517 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Provisional Novice

Quote:
PM'ed you........
post #31 of 517 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockytoyota View Post
the true question is....are you going that fast with stock motor and spray / stock motor and no spray???

if w/ spray i had a stock 750 w/ alittle shot that went 5.78 in the 1/8 at 124 last year in 2007
No spray lol

Last edited by Slow95Gsx; 12-23-2008 at 05:26 PM.
post #32 of 517 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: k5 1000 04 busa

the 1000 will go 8.7-8.8 with the right rider, weight, and susoension set-up. Seen it numerous times.
post #33 of 517 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 05:48 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: K7600

BoostinScooby is my Idol!

Thanks for ur help in piecing my mini-monster together!
post #34 of 517 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Swears off Women, for hot man loving

Motorcycle: I can has a steddy job?

Quote:

Don't know what to tell ya, but sol's yellow bike is 100% stock with no jug.

Koby is a ridin MF'er and his weight doesn't hurt
post #35 of 517 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 2001 GSXR 1000 2006 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Stock motor means ... stock cams with stock sprockets (not degreed), stock rods, stock pistons, stock crank, no nitrous, stock ports, etc.... If that is what you call stock then I've been running in the 8's for a couple of years now. I've been a 8.82 with a completely stock motor 2001 1000. I have head and cams now. A 2005-2008 GSXR 1000 has more then enough power to run in the 8's.
post #36 of 517 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunnda View Post

Thanks for ur help in piecing my mini-monster together!

Dude, do you ride that on the street? That bitch is LOW!!!

I would be oil pan scared lol.
post #37 of 517 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by slodsm View Post
Dude, do you ride that on the street? That bitch is LOW!!!

I would be oil pan scared lol.
It looks strapped pretty hardcore in the picture.
post #38 of 517 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 06:54 PM

I hope so lol, otherwise his next post may be "looking for oil pan and header for......"
post #39 of 517 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 07:06 PM
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 00 R1, 08 G1K

what do you have to do to a stock motored 1000 to gain a sec over stock?

i went 9.20's on an 07, but we were spraying a 40 shot and making 189hp. Turning 1.60 60ft's so i am no drag racing pro.

It is very hard for me to imagine a stock motor with no spray in the 8's.

Last edited by THEMANRACING; 12-23-2008 at 07:09 PM.
post #40 of 517 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 07:10 PM

135 lb rider, good exhaust, pc3, low 1.40's high 1.30's, and geared to the moon.

Many many people have done it man, it just takes a nice setup and a hell of a jockey. Doing it on pump gas is more rare than on oxygenated gas but still not terribly uncommon for a badass rider to do.

You have a PM BTW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode