So, here I am 364 days from the crash. My hand still isn't perfect. My range of motion in those three finger is probably 98% of what it used to be and although I wouldn't call it pain, there is still some discomfort at the limits of that range of motion. Leathers got repaired by Barnacle Bill, and I got a deal on a Shoei X14.
The frame ended up being too far gone and needed replacement. I found a salvage frame on ebay that had a 30 day return policy for $300. I bought it and shipped it to Velocity Calibrations. It was in factory spec, and almost perfect. I also found a complete front end. Fork, clamps, clip-ons, wheel, etc. It was pretty rough. The front wheel was straight and round, but the rotors were below service limit. The fork was good, but the seals are shot. I still have those fork legs as spares. The clip-ons were junk, and the brake calipers are good (don't need them). I had the wheel blasted and coated black, and bought new bearings, seals, and rotors. I also put in a crash kit in my brembo, and added a folding lever so this entrapment can't happen again.
I had to buy a couple tools to do it right, but the frame swap was pretty easy. It took just a few hours. (old frame is the near one)
At the end of that day, I had a bike that was mechanically ready. Now I had to start working on getting it dressed. Ordered a new upper fairing. Took 3 months to get delivered (the risk of old bikes). I also bought a used gauge cluster and swapped the housing and LCD panel over to mine. That was a tedious job, but the result is good. I still had all the factory body, and since this bike is never going back to the street now, I listed it all on ebay. I kept the "carbon" front fender, windscreen, and air tubes and I'm using them in the rebuild. The race lower was cracked, so I decided to fill all the holes for the dzus fasteners and move them. Patched it up and all was good there. I thought about painting just the upper to match, but never was really happy with my original rattle can paintjob. It didn't hold up well, and was starting to yellow a bit. So I ordered new stomp grip, seat pad, and a harbor freight sander. I did all the labor, but I have a friend who owns a body shop. He primed it, returned it, I blocked it, and then he sprayed it. All I had to pay for was the painter's labor and materials. Still wasn't cheap, but this paint is much harder than any finish I could put on in the garage.
So now, I just need to swap in that carbon fender, and take the stripe off the rear wheel (or add one to the front). Need to change the brake fluid, and check all the safety wire. During the swap, I found the front sprocket was loose. It rocks a bit on the axis, so I'm hoping it's worn and not the shaft. I need to pull that back apart and locktite the nut. I also need to apply the seat and stomp panels. But, she's ready and so am I!