Track Day Cramp/Soreness Remedy... - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Amateur

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR
Track Day Cramp/Soreness Remedy...

Hey guys. I was wondering what remedies you guys use for curing track day cramps/soreness. I noticed that I am usually good for the first half of a track day but then after lunch I start cramping up and my legs get really sore in the groin area. My bike does not have a kickstand so when I do two or three track days in a row I can barely get on/off the bike. After the day is over I usually walk around like I have something up my anus. I noticed that my friend takes two pills of Aleve in the morning but I don't know how I feel about taking drugs while riding.

What do you guys recommend ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 11:14 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: Had a bike back in the day.
Re: Track Day Cramp/Soreness Remedy...

exercise
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Amateur

Yea I am in decent shape. I stretch before the day starts. I don't really have a problem with fatigue. It's just that soreness/pain in the groin area after several sessions on the track.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 11:47 AM
The Husbeast

Motorcycle: 06 GSXR 750 X2 (one street, one track), KTM 520sx SuMo, '11 CBR250R, Oh, and my wife.

Hydration is very important. Drink a bottle of water after each session. And maybe some gatorade every 2 or 3 sessions but not too much.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 11:54 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: Had a bike back in the day.

You can try things like wide leg and wall squats. There are a bunch of elastic band exercises with straight legs pulling from out to in. Yoga if you are so inclined. Developing flexibility is as valuable as developing strength. Seated groins stretch where the bottoms of your feet touch and you slightly push your knees to the ground. There is running.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: 2003 GSX-R1000, 2008 ZX-10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoLLiN247 View Post
Hey guys. I was wondering what remedies you guys use for curing track day cramps/soreness. I noticed that I am usually good for the first half of a track day but then after lunch I start cramping up and my legs get really sore in the groin area. My bike does not have a kickstand so when I do two or three track days in a row I can barely get on/off the bike. After the day is over I usually walk around like I have something up my anus. I noticed that my friend takes two pills of Aleve in the morning but I don't know how I feel about taking drugs while riding.

What do you guys recommend ?
1. Hydration, and I would drink some Pedialite in addition to a lot of water. 2. Resistance training (maintained year-round). 3. Stretching (maintained year-round).

This plus cardio is all I do and I've never had cramping or soreness from track days. I'm only running mid paced intermediate normally but I'm also old.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixx1000 View Post
1. Hydration, and I would drink some Pedialite in addition to a lot of water. 2. Resistance training (maintained year-round). 3. Stretching (maintained year-round).

This plus cardio is all I do and I've never had cramping or soreness from track days. I'm only running mid paced intermediate normally but I'm also old.
Hmm. I will try any change my gym routine for one that is more resistance oriented. I have used pedialite religiously as a cure for hangovers. Never did it cross my mind to try to use it prior to a track day. Will definitely give that a shot this weekend.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 01:04 PM
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...

Motorcycle: Anniversary Edition 600 & 2018 Harley Street Glide
Garage

Tonic water helps too. Quinine in the water helps prevent cramps. Potassium is good to.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 01:31 PM
The Husbeast

Motorcycle: 06 GSXR 750 X2 (one street, one track), KTM 520sx SuMo, '11 CBR250R, Oh, and my wife.

Yes, potassium.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 03:08 PM
Amateur

Cramps are often from lack of hydration. Potassium and salt along with lots of water can help.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 04:58 PM
Boredz Crackhead

Motorcycle: K9 600

I don't see two Aleve causing any issues while you are riding for a track day. It will just help keep the inflammation down, but like everyone else said. Water, potassium, and electrolytes.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 12:20 AM
Hand-Eye Coordinator

Motorcycle: 2014 675R, 2019 Husky TE300i, 2014 Grom. Yes, Grom, fuck you, it's fun.

get younger, eat bananas, and drink water.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode