Post your Race/Trackday Crash pics - Page 12 - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #221 of 236 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 10:47 AM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: GSXR 600 K2 Telefonica
Re: Post your Race/Trackday Crash pics

not even started the season but it will follow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 236 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Track Pimp......who hates njracer and his love for BACON!

Motorcycle: 2009 Gsx-R 750

^
Knock on the wood bruder
post #223 of 236 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
I've seen deer hit at sumit, cmp, tally, and road Atlanta, it's rare but it does happen
I seen that in CMP too An somebody I know offered firefighters to take that bambi dear in a long sleep too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #224 of 236 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 11:11 AM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
I seen that in CMP too An somebody I know offered firefighters to take that bambi dear in a long sleep too
Forgot that one

Nit sure who you are talking about

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

post #225 of 236 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

^
post #226 of 236 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 11:21 AM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 2013 GSX-R 600

rough day at Texas World Speedway

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
post #227 of 236 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 12:39 PM
IM THE BRONZE

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcadamski View Post
rough day at Texas World Speedway]

That was from a month ago wasnt it? I went that one day, did alright but that track is a piece of shit, not going back. They need to close it, but the org. just sees money I guess.
post #228 of 236 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 12:41 PM
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geesxara View Post
That was from a month ago wasnt it? I went that one day, did alright but that track is a piece of shit, not going back. They need to close it, but the org. just sees money I guess.
It was May 13. Yeah it's pretty shitty...riding hill country roads is way smoother. I just need clip ons, frame sliders, new visor, and to get my exhaust back from M4. The track is supposed to close end of this year but they've been saying that since 2014

Geesxara likes this.
post #229 of 236 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 08:08 AM
Track Day Winner

Garage

Went off line, caught some bumps, ended up going into the wet grass at 85+.

Banged up left elbow and knee, sore ribs/neck but otherwise fine!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
post #230 of 236 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 12:44 PM
I want Rossi to fuck my ass...

Motorcycle: K1 600
Quote:
It was May 13. Yeah it's pretty shitty...riding hill country roads is way smoother. I just need clip ons, frame sliders, new visor, and to get my exhaust back from M4. The track is supposed to close end of this year but they've been saying that since 2014

Where did you go down at TWS? What happened?
post #231 of 236 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 12:52 PM
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueshy View Post
turn 7...i had talked to someone who said they come in at around 125 and take it at 105 and i had been doing it at 85 all day no problem...well after watching many cmra videos i know that dudes taking it at 105 are dragging knee and im definitely not there yet. so i came in at about 120ish and panic braked cause i decided that trying to stop was smarter than trying to turn and it turned out ugly and the front tucked and i slid off the track and the frame slider hit the hard dirt and flipped the bike. so basically i came in hot and in the moment i could either look through the turn and hope for the best or brake and hopefully stop...but i was going way to fast to brake and not go off track and that was it. it all happened super fast, and hind sight is 20/20, if i looked through the turn i may have low sided at an even fast speed or who knows maybe i dragged knee and elbow like marquez and crushed it lol but at the time the right decision mentally was to brake and then i went flying over the handlebars once the bike hit the dirt. its a lesson learned to ease myself into things...first track day and i was riding faster than a majority of the other level 1 folks and wanted to see how i could do if i sped it up and i paid the price.
post #232 of 236 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 01:18 PM
jcw
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 2011 GSX-R750
At least you had the balls to try.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bueshy View Post
turn 7...i had talked to someone who said they come in at around 125 and take it at 105 and i had been doing it at 85 all day no problem...well after watching many cmra videos i know that dudes taking it at 105 are dragging knee and im definitely not there yet. so i came in at about 120ish and panic braked cause i decided that trying to stop was smarter than trying to turn and it turned out ugly and the front tucked and i slid off the track and the frame slider hit the hard dirt and flipped the bike. so basically i came in hot and in the moment i could either look through the turn and hope for the best or brake and hopefully stop...but i was going way to fast to brake and not go off track and that was it. it all happened super fast, and hind sight is 20/20, if i looked through the turn i may have low sided at an even fast speed or who knows maybe i dragged knee and elbow like marquez and crushed it lol but at the time the right decision mentally was to brake and then i went flying over the handlebars once the bike hit the dirt. its a lesson learned to ease myself into things...first track day and i was riding faster than a majority of the other level 1 folks and wanted to see how i could do if i sped it up and i paid the price.
post #233 of 236 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 01:22 PM
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw View Post
At least you had the balls to try.
Yeah, i learned the hard way for sure. Looking back, id much rather keep the additional 2-3 seconds a lap than finding a new top speed on the back straight and corner speed, but ya never know without trying. Should have definitely focused more on lines and smoothness rather than what i did, but i paid to have fun and that was what i wanted to do so i did it. Im now out a brand new shoei x-14 assail tc-1 with transition lense, and about 2k in repairs and god only knows how many hours to tear it down and fix everything since i have never done more than oil changes and adding a pc5 and quickshifter. learned a lot about the bike but not the way i wanted to haha
Geesxara likes this.
post #234 of 236 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 01:02 PM
I want Rossi to fuck my ass...

Motorcycle: K1 600

Quote:
I missed your response somehow

Yea turn 7 is a fast corner, I can see how you crashed there. I crashed at TWS on my first day riding exactly like you did. I pushed way too hard on the last session to see what I could do and ended up crashing at 100mph+ on turn 12. But even crashing was a first for me so I got the full experience, as did you lol
marcadamski likes this.
post #235 of 236 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 11:32 AM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 2011 GSXR750

3rd gear lowside a couple weeks ago. Bike slid a long way but only damage was to frameslider, bar end/brake guard, swingarm slider, peg, brake pedal, and a bit of the front edge of the exhaust.

Already fixed and did another trackday last weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180813_RPM_04.jpg (85.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 20180813_RPM_05.jpg (66.9 KB, 17 views)
Whippet likes this.
post #236 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 05:50 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 2018 Suzuki GSX-R 750, 2003 Kawasaki ZX-9R, 2001 Kawasaki ZX-6R & KX250 Motarded

High-side at Putnam Park last fall. Turn 7, "the bus stop" which is luckily the slowest corner. I high-sided several years ago exiting Turn 8 (my favorite) and it was much worse.
Wide line as I expected the faster rider behind me to come underneath. Too much throttle vs lean angle. One of the CRs I was working with about shit when he saw my tires. I should have been on slicks in hind sight, but can't stomach the investment of a generator and tire warmers. I know, penny wise and pound foolish...lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode