Martin @Motomummy - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Humboldt Hooter Tadaaaaa

Motorcycle: 03 750
Martin @Motomummy

Well here is another +1000 for Motomummy and Crew. Specifically . Thursday I lowsided my 750, took a good bit of a hit to my head which makes my kbc (btw wouldn't recommend kbc to anyone after going down) a great paperweight now. Thursday evening I contacted martin, he gave me a few options and after figuring out we were going to go with a HJC (MotoJoe to thank for the brand) martin found a great helmet within my budget within what was basically minutes. He had it boxed and waiting to go out on the last fed ex truck of the week and it arrived today at my apartment. I even got some sweet ass Motomummy stickers in teh box.

Helmet is a HJC FS-15, have to admit it is a night and day difference between my old KBC, the liner is more comfortable, it feels much more light and the ventilation is top notch. Also a small thing but the helmet bag it came with is super awesome

They definitely have a customer for life

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP Mike & Rob- miss both of y'all immensely
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014, 01:03 AM
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 2013 Suzuki GSXR600
Re: Martin @Motomummy

Good to hear. Also had some good experiences w motomummy.
Do u think there is that much of a difference between HJC and KBC? I thought they were about the same in price and quality...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biglen View Post
Good to hear. Also had some good experiences w motomummy.
Do u think there is that much of a difference between HJC and KBC? I thought they were about the same in price and quality...

It really depends on which helmet youre referring to. Out of experience, I can say that HJC's rpha10 is a great helmet right up there with Bell's Star line. But both HJC and Bell also have a crappier line of helmets. Both brands including others have started producing much better helmets.

Ive never owned a KBC helmet but id rather have something better between my head and the pavement in the event of a crash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014, 06:02 PM
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: black L2 600

the rpha10 is NOT on par with the bell star, but its close.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Boredz Crackhead

Motorcycle: K9 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalse View Post
Depends on who you ask.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014, 07:15 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalse View Post
Its as good or better

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014, 10:19 PM
Hand-Eye Coordinator

Motorcycle: 2014 675R, 2019 Husky TE300i, 2014 Grom. Yes, Grom, fuck you, it's fun.

HJC put out quality product. i remember singing high praises for my HJC on this forum back in 2010 and getting lambasted with insults and doubts. they are a different company compared to 10 years ago. i crashed it in 2012 and i may go back to HJC for this season as i went through a couple helmets last season. their visor release system kicks the hell out of a lot of other brands for sure!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 08:42 PM
World Supersport

Motorcycle: Mummy Bike

Yah, their helmets were pretty inexpensive before the RPHA series, but many like Anthony_D on here still raced in them without any issues. As stated above, their newer line up is even better and competing with the big dogs, but still at a great price for what you get.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 10:05 PM
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 2013 Suzuki GSXR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBayne View Post
HJC put out quality product. i remember singing high praises for my HJC on this forum back in 2010 and getting lambasted with insults and doubts. they are a different company compared to 10 years ago. i crashed it in 2012 and i may go back to HJC for this season as i went through a couple helmets last season. their visor release system kicks the hell out of a lot of other brands for sure!
I have 3 hjc's and I do like them also. My helmet held up fine whenever i lowsided and banged my head off cement. No cracks or chips that I can see from the outside. I wanted to try somethin new so I went w K3 AGV Rossi. Haven't got to ride w it yet, but fits great, and really cuts the sound out from what I can see for now. My dad was talkin to me w it on and I could barely hear him.
But yea I also agree HJC has really stepped their game up over the years. There is definitely parts of the helmet such as padding wc I feel were more comfortable but for the price u can't beat them...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode