Vendor changed price after purchase. - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...

Motorcycle: Anniversary Edition 600 & 2018 Harley Street Glide
Garage
Angry Vendor changed price after purchase.

I'm going to keep the vendor anonymous on this, but I wanted to get some opinions to see if they match mine. I'm not even going to state what I'm thinking, I'm just going to give the facts.

I ordered something on the 31st. Today, I get an email claiming that what I ordered wasn't available, but had been totally redesigned and the new model was 25% more expensive.

I checked the manufacturer's website when I was researching my purchase on the 30th and the 31st trying to make up my mind on what to buy. Nothing has changed there. Took a look at the vendor's site. Their internal SKU hasn't changed, nor has the picture on their website. As far as I can tell, nothing has changed since the 31st except the price.

So, what would you do?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Never mistake education for intelligence.

"Don't go ninjain nobody that don't need ninjain" -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 02:59 PM
The Supermod that wants to see grandma's Snapper....

Motorcycle: WR250R
Re: Vendor changed price after purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeek View Post
I'm going to keep the vendor anonymous on this, but I wanted to get some opinions to see if they match mine. I'm not even going to state what I'm thinking, I'm just going to give the facts.

I ordered something on the 31st. Today, I get an email claiming that what I ordered wasn't available, but had been totally redesigned and the new model was 25% more expensive.

I checked the manufacturer's website when I was researching my purchase on the 30th and the 31st trying to make up my mind on what to buy. Nothing has changed there. Took a look at the vendor's site. Their internal SKU hasn't changed, nor has the picture on their website. As far as I can tell, nothing has changed since the 31st except the price.

So, what would you do?
I'd call them to get an explanation, then depending on the answer I would buy elsewhere.
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: 05 750

No bueno. Maybe give them (hopefully not us) a call and maybe there's a mixup? Slight chance the online processor was mistaken?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead401 View Post
I'd call them to get an explanation, then depending on the answer I would buy elsewhere.
The explanation was "not sure what the change was. I suggest you call <manufacturer> and ask." I did cancel the order and spent my money elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
No bueno. Maybe give them (hopefully not us) a call and maybe there's a mixup? Slight chance the online processor was mistaken?
Wasn't STG Jason. My order confirmation email has the price and item details. The vendor even acknowledged the pricing issue. I'm a pretty thorough online shopper. If the item pictured wasn't the same, I would have asked for a model number confirmation before ordering. Nothing worse than placing an order and getting something other than what you saw. I'm pretty good at double checking mfg part numbers vs vendor SKUs. The only fault I would put on myself is that this vendor's SKU didn't have the mfg part number....but the picture matched. Which is now a my word against his kind of thing. He states he just changed the picture.... I say it's the same. I'm not going to argue with them.

I have my own opinion on what happened. If I'm right, the vendor should have just taken the hit, updated their pricing on the site and honored the purchase that was made. But speculation on here isn't doing anyone any good. The vendor lost out on this sale and won't even be considered for the big order I'll be placing later this fall for my trackbike build. Jason, I'll be in touch probably october for some bodywork and a few hard parts.

post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Parts Junkie

Motorcycle: 07 GSXR 1000

Tell them to cancel the fucking order!
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Parts Junkie

Motorcycle: 07 GSXR 1000

Post who it was... why is everyone so scared to give a bad review?
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 06:27 PM
MotoGP

Motorcycle: Whatever oldgixxer has in his garage...
Garage

Did you actually call the manufacturer and ask them? Or just look at their website? I know when I was buying my Akra exhaust for my old race bike they had a new model coming that was replacing the one I wanted, it was more expensive, but wasn't on their website yet and I couldn't order the old model. I had to call them to find that information out.

post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 06:45 PM
AKA Pee Wee Herman

Motorcycle: Street:2018Z125ProKRT Track:2007GSXR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony D View Post
Did you actually call the manufacturer and ask them? Or just look at their website? I know when I was buying my Akra exhaust for my old race bike they had a new model coming that was replacing the one I wanted, it was more expensive, but wasn't on their website yet and I couldn't order the old model. I had to call them to find that information out.

Exactly. Websites take time to be updated.

I ordered a CRG lever and a CRG clutch perch, but they changed the design and I could only get the old style from someone who might have had it in stock. I decided to get the newer ones but found out the perch of the newer style was backorderd. So now I cant get the old style or the new style unless I can find someone that has some old stock laying around.
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobramadness View Post
Post who it was... why is everyone so scared to give a bad review?
Not scared, but it won't help anyone. Better not to stir the pot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony D View Post

Nope. I looked at their (manufacturers) website. Saw multiple pictures a description and even the install instructions. Decided that's what I wanted. So I found a vendor who had it listed for a good price and placed my order. It's pretty shady to then tell me "that was the old one we had listed. If you want this one, it's going to be 25% more". Proof? None. Just their word which I believe is a lie. Do I have any proof? Nope. That's why I'm not listing who the vendor was So, I'm just walking away. We can be men about it and disagree. Why should I be tasked with calling the manufacturer and asking them what's different between the one I ordered and the one the vendor had listed? That conversation would go no where.... they'd tell me to call the vendor.

No sweat... cancelled the order and I'll buy it from a competitor.... for less.

post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 07:11 PM
MotoGP

Motorcycle: Whatever oldgixxer has in his garage...
Garage

I like to do my own research and not rely on anyone else, but that is just me. Hope you get the part you want!
post #11 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike

What is the product?

Without knowing that is venture a guess that the entire product line hasn't been changed, but rather just the specific part for your bike... hence often the photos are more generic. When one product can be listed for multiple bikes and models the generic photo wouldn't show an update for only your bike. Then if the part is not one that is in stock but rather is ordered, it is quite plausible the vendor didn't know the price had changed until they ordered your part for you.

Very well may not be shady, but rather lack of communication from manufacturer to vendor. Can't very well expect the vendor to eat a 25% loss on something they had no control over do you?

:
:

:
:
:
:
:
:SFH : SBS : VHS :

Coupon code "motojoe" for discount on hazardous racing leathers
2013 WERA National Challenge 3rd place
WERA Expert #20

post #12 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Supporting Vendor

Motorcycle: Mummy Bike

Yoshimura part number 070BG111800 89.95 retail
Same product redesigned part number 070BG111801 129.95 retail.

As I stated in the PM that I sent you and email if you contact Yoshimura they can tell you what is different and you'll hear it directly from the horses mouth. Yes, they would tell you because the old part number (for other bikes) was priced w/o led's when their description had it included so they did a full pricing change. You can contact them and ask them as many others have who purchased with the description stating they would get led's and then they didn't. They called yosh to learn about the change and website mistake that Yosh had and then new part numbers were coming out. I wanted you to hear it from the horses mouth so something like this wouldn't happen.

Feel free to google both Yoshimura sku's as well.

Corey

Last edited by MotoMummy; 09-03-2013 at 09:40 PM.
post #13 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Lifetime Premium

So the reason to say call the manufacturer was to avoid being accused of lying, you chose not to call said manufacturer, then accuse vendor of lying?

That is pretty damn shady

And now that the vendor came out, it was who I suspected... as if your being coy wasn't completely transparent. Especially after the replies to Jason .

I feel like you definitely could have handled this a lot more maturely.

Last edited by Moto_Joe; 09-03-2013 at 09:49 PM.
post #14 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage

Great communication too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMummy
It's been canceled. Thanks for the vote of confidence with the thread and we would have beat any better price you found for the hassle, but it appears you don't believe anything I say anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeek
The whole reason I chose the Yosh was because of the built in LEDs. Light bolts just look like an afterthought. Go ahead and cancel. There are others out there for less.

Quote:
I changed the picture the minute I emailed you. Retail use to be 9x and now it's 129. I just called yosh as I know they have been changing them, but never really heard what the change was. Believe it or not all their tech people are out for 20 min. So that you hear it from the horses mouth and know I'm not bs'n you I would recommend calling Yosh (after 20 min). Just ask why the older model that retailed at 90 dollars was discontinued for the 129 retail version and I'm sure they can explain.

I want to say they include the led's now, but don't quote me on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeek
Corey, I got an email that my order can't be fulfilled. Order 113525.

So what's the redesign? I looked on Yoshimura's site and see nothing about a redesign. The pic on their site looks just like the pic on yours when I ordered. Even the product ID on your site hasn't changed.

So what does 25% increase in price get me?

Quote:
You have your own ideas, etc?

OUr sku didn't change because i can alter a product without creating a new one. Wouldn't be very efficient to not edit products but create new ones. Did you call Yoshimura becuase for some reason you're making it very apparent you don't believe me?

You really think I make this stuff up? Here is the facts and feel free to call yoshimura and give them both sku's (their skus) and ask them why they redesigned it as only they would know. I tried to call but their tech people are out. No, we are not going to take the hit when it's an all new product with all new pricing.

yes, I take it personal and you would as well if you put your heart in soul into something and try and give the best pricing out there w/ great service and instead of having someone call to discuss something, doing their research with the manufacturer they start a thread that they know i'm going to see and basically call me out?

Here are the facts and sorry you think i'm a lying peace of shit. Fact is i'm not and this is offensive that you would think we would lie to you about something.

Have a great night

Here it is from their distributor tucker rockey so when you call to see if your assumptions are right you can ask them point blank using their sku's since you think i'm full of shit.

Link with reviews over a year old talking about the LEDs : https://www.motomummy.com/yoshimura/...er-eliminator/

Link to Yoshimura's site: https://www.motomummy.com/yoshimura/...er-eliminator/

Notice, the picture motomummy has up now is actually different than what yosh has on their site. So he did change it. What's funny though is if you search for part number 070BG111800, the old one, everyone has the same image showing the more trapezoidal shape light box. So which one is right? Frankly, I don't care.

For the record, I ordered the new part number from solomotoparts:
http://www.solomotoparts.com/Yoshimu...SXR1000-09-13/

In stock....

post #15 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
What is the product?

Without knowing that is venture a guess that the entire product line hasn't been changed, but rather just the specific part for your bike... hence often the photos are more generic. When one product can be listed for multiple bikes and models the generic photo wouldn't show an update for only your bike. Then if the part is not one that is in stock but rather is ordered, it is quite plausible the vendor didn't know the price had changed until they ordered your part for you.

Very well may not be shady, but rather lack of communication from manufacturer to vendor. Can't very well expect the vendor to eat a 25% loss on something they had no control over do you?
I sure as shit can. Who's responsibility is it to keep up with the product being advertised? As I stated earlier, there were reviews a year old attached to this product talking about wiring in the LEDs.
post #16 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Supporting Vendor

Motorcycle: Mummy Bike

You may want to clear your cache on our website. The picture we have up is exactly what yosh has on their website as we updated it exactly when I told you we did. I told you to call Yosh and ask what the difference is as I wasn't sure. I know on the CBR' they didn't have led's. But instead of a 30 second phone call you designed to start this thread.

BTW Jason best update your website too as it's off on this fender elim
post #17 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 04:21 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 2004 GSXR 750

But it will help someone? Don't want other people who would be less internet intelligent to get screwed.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #18 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 06:14 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
I sure as shit can. Who's responsibility is it to keep up with the product being advertised? As I stated earlier, there were reviews a year old attached to this product talking about wiring in the LEDs.
So some of them had LEDs some didn't.

And instead of calling hash to.confirm you rather call a vendor a liar and a thief on our forum?

You are one of the biggest piece of shit customer reviews I've ever seen.

If they hadn't ordered the part with the new price yet, and yo sh had not sent out a new price list or new bulletin, how would they know?

Should they call every one of their manufacturers every day to verify all pricing on all parts just so over inflated senses of self entitlement like yours don't get butthurt? :be

:
:

:
:
:
:
:

WERA Expert #20

Last edited by Moto_Joe; 09-04-2013 at 06:16 AM.
post #19 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

Garage

He already said he did know Yosh was changing things.

Now he's changed the image back to what it was when I originally purchased on the 31st. The one that was up most of the day yesterday was the one that looked just like the ones for the 07-08, which would suggest it's actually the original part number.

The vendor misrepresents something and the customer is the one who you want to blame? I understand motomummy is your sponsor and moreso that Corey is your friend. Doesn't mean I'm wrong here.

No cache to clear. I ordered the part from my iPad. Got the email on my phone and logged in from a PC..... I really don't care if you are offended. Your poor product and inventory management should not be my problem.

post #20 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 06:50 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
He already said he did know Yosh was changing things.

Now he's changed the image back to what it was when I originally purchased on the 31st. The one that was up most of the day yesterday was the one that looked just like the ones for the 07-08, which would suggest it's actually the original part number.

The vendor misrepresents something and the customer is the one who you want to blame? I understand motomummy is your sponsor and moreso that Corey is your friend. Doesn't mean I'm wrong here.

No cache to clear. I ordered the part from my iPad. Got the email on my phone and logged in from a PC..... I really don't care if you are offended. Your poor product and inventory management should not be my problem.
It has nothing to do.with Corey.

I've defended Jason and Stg, a company I've never ordered from that i can recall, and several others on this site.

I call a spade a spade, and you and your ego handled this shitty.

There was no misrepresentation. Yosh is fucking up, some come with lights, some without. Some you can get the old part, some you cant.

It appears to me when you ordered and he subsequently ordered from tucker he found out your part was one affected by yoshes changes, and tucker had your old part back ordered.

So.he informed you of the issue and price change in a reasonable time, nobody forced you to continue the order if you didn't like the new price, but rather than find out the issue you call him a liar and thief?

For what? What were you out? What did you lose? And what gain was there in this thread?

You were not out anything. You could have canceled. You lost nothing but the time to type an email. Hell it wasn't even a critical.part keeping you from riding. And you started this thread knowing full well what would happen.

I've always thought you were an arrogant prick. This confirmed it for sure.

:
:

:
:
:
:
:

WERA Expert #20

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode