ccmhunt carb legend - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 1996 GSX-R750 ,̶2̶0̶0̶0̶ ̶G̶S̶X̶-̶R̶6̶0̶0̶
ccmhunt carb legend

Yesterday a bundle of joy from ccmhunt arrived at my doorstep. Within the bundle was a new 750 carb rack with mjns installed, a flo-commander kit, a set of velocity stacks and a replacement starter motor that was generously included for free! Everything came securely wrapped up with several layers of bubble wrap/tape/and surran wrap, as is normal pratice for him =).

Durring my dinner break from staff duty I rushed home to install the carbs. Tore threw the packaging like it was x-mas. I paused to admired the beauty of professional work and the complete transformation that the rack had undergone. The rack arrived in beautiful condition, when they arrived to him they were such a nightmare(this is a true understatement). I was unsure if they were even salvagable. And here they are back from the dead and in just like new condition. Plus they are in perfect ready to install condition. Tested the throttle adjuster (smooth and strong), tested the choke (smooth and soft like spreading warm butter), everything was to perfection.

After I overcame my OOOO Shiney fixation, I quickly installed the rack, primed the pump a few times to let the carbs fill. The bike started rite up on the first try. Unfortunately I did not get to the idle screw in time to set it correctly. At this point I had run out of time and had to go back to work.

Today I just finished the install of the rack, I overslept, had some errands, and had a few hickups that was my bikes fault. My first hang up was that my starter motor completely froze up and kicked the bucket. Thank heavens ccmhunt included one for me. I would have been push starting this bike for quite awhile without it. After swapping the starter motor out, and its connecting gear/sprocket (that cobramadness had let me keep), cleaning the spark plugs, and reseating the petcock, she fired rite up and sounded better than she ever has. I think with my past experiances I have become biased of DynoJet kits.

I enjoyed the change so much that I rode the bike till she ran out of fuel. I simply love how they feel. The fuel delivery of MJNs just makes sence. There's a reason they use the same delivery method in turbine engines.

This was the 3rd time ccmhunt has installed a MJN kit for me, and the 5th different rack that I've sent his way. One of the racks are soo shiney and identical to brand spanky new that they are left still in their surran/bubble wrapping and stored in my vacuum-sealed aviation container.

I see it time after time on this forum that people pass up his work, then turn around seeking his wisdom and expertise. There is current 2 ongoing threads that come to mind instantly, it just erks me. I will allways go threw ccmhunt whenever possible. The complete peace of mind of ccmhunt having my back and doing the work is completely worth every penny and then some. There is far and few between people that are willing to work with a persons circumstances and continually help out when and where they can. All in all thank you m8! Sincerely thankyou!

Next item on the todo list, install the Flow-commander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmhunt View Post
What you should do is get that stupid DJ kit out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 01:05 PM
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: THE SRADIATOR
Re: ccmhunt carb legend

Coming to a theater near you: Beverly Hills Carb Ninja 2.
Chris has it going on, of this there can be no doubt.
It's nice to see acknowledgement of his expertise here, even if in the form of a movie trailer.
Great review and well deserved!
Now pass the popcorn and Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 01:21 PM
ICBA

Motorcycle: '03 GSXR1000, '88 GSX 1100F, '92 GSX 1100F

I've banned Chris from California.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 01:30 PM
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: THE SRADIATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apok View Post
I've banned Chris from California.
Can you actually do that?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 01:33 PM
ICBA

Pretty sure it's within my power.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 09:41 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 96 GSXR750 (parts), ZX7/9RR F-USA AMA SBK, 96 ZX7RR STREET, 96 WSBK ECKL ZX7RR

Whatev.... Just keep doing pushups I didn't tell you to stop.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 09:48 AM
ICBA

Fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode