Southwest Superbikes Dallas, Tx - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Expert

Motorcycle: K4 1143, L2 1K
Garage
Southwest Superbikes Dallas, Tx

Has anyone done deals with these people? I called yesterday and wasn't impressed at all with them. I found a bike I was interested in and wanted more info on it. I am looking to buy a bike, they had a used 2012 GSXR 1K that I was very interested in buying. I asked the person I spoke to what was the best deal he could give me on it OTD. He said I can sell it to you for what the price we have listed at $11,550. I replied, "so the prices are not negotiable?" He said no, "our bikes are priced at fair market value and we will have no problem selling that bike at that price."

I say bullshit! Everything is negotiable! You look on Cycle trader and you can find used bikes for the exact same year at a cheaper price and less miles too. So I will be taking my business elsewhere for a bike. I will just get me a new one for the 0% interest Suzuki has going right now.

When doing business people, you want to leave an everlasting impression so they will return for further business or referrals. I realize sometimes that transactions don't occur if both parties don't reach some kind of agreement. It happens... shake hands and be on your way. I enjoy talking to salespeople that are willing to help you, but they have to make effort though to try to help you. Thats what the this salesperson lacked at Southwest Superbikes. He didn't even take down my name or number like 99% of the sales people do. So I guess he really wasn't interested in selling anything, well I guess to me that is.. Good luck to a company that have people like that working for them. I guess they deal with people that don't much about bikes and say yes to whatever the price tag says. Thats the only way I can see how they stay open.

As for Southwest Superbikes, go f*** yourself and stick all your overpriced used bikes up your a$$. You lost a customer that has a passion for sportbikes and has deep pockets too.

K4 1K, ported head perfected by Jim Cambora, 76mm JE 13.5:1 pistons, Carrillo A rods, RC's 4mm crank, Akrapovic exhaust, Yosh STR-R int cam, 750 int on ex, billet basket w/JetSpeedz clutch mod, Brock clutch cushion, Koenig 1.5' billet pan, PC mapped by RaceworX, BST wheels/titanium pin kit, Afam sprockets/DID chain, Pipercross filter, NGK plugs, speedohealer, billet v-stacks, FP levers, APE head/case studs, Galfer rotors/ lines, suspension by Cambora, Vortex r-sets gp shift, ceramic bearings

Last edited by JP1143; 06-12-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 08:12 AM
Mod w/ no fucks left...

Motorcycle: 2011 1K....'04 Kawi 636 trackwhore
Re: Southwest Superbikes Dallas, Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP1143 View Post
Has anyone done deals with these people? I called yesterday and wasn't impressed at all with them. I found a bike I was interested in and wanted more info on it. I am looking to buy a bike, they had a used 2012 GSXR 1K that I was very interested in buying. I asked the person I spoke to what was the best deal he could give me on it OTD. He said I can sell it to you for what the price we have listed at $11,550. I replied, "so the prices are not negotiable?" He said no, "our bikes are priced at fair market value and we will have no problem selling that bike at that price."

I say bullshit! Everything is negotiable! You look on Cycle trader and you can find used bikes for the exact same year at a cheaper price and less miles too. So I will be taking my business elsewhere for a bike. I will just get me a new one for the 0% interest Suzuki has going right now.

When doing business people, you want to leave an everlasting impression so they will return for further business or referrals. I realize sometimes that transactions don't occur if both parties don't reach some kind of agreement. It happens... shake hands and be on your way. I enjoy talking to salespeople that are willing to help you, but they have to make effort though to try to help you. Thats what the this salesperson lacked at Southwest Superbikes. He didn't even take down my name or number like 99% of the sales people do. So I guess he really wasn't interested in selling anything, well I guess to me that is.. Good luck to a company that have people like that working for them. I guess they deal with people that don't much about bikes and say yes to whatever the price tag says. Thats the only way I can see how they stay open.

As for Southwest Superbikes, go f*** yourself and stick all your overpriced used bikes up your a$$. You lost a customer that has a passion for sportbikes and has deep pockets too.

Not for nothing, but the sales guys prolly get 30 calls a day from people looking for the "best OTD deal". I really doubt he's gonna negotiate a deal on the phone. Plus it's squid season, there's a long line of first time riders who will gladly pay asking price this time of the year.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 08:19 AM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 2012 GSX-R750 | 2010 EX250R (dedicated track)

Give Eric a call at cycle town south - 972-230-1870 ... he has a 2011/2012 ZX10R with only 2k miles on it. Amazingly beautiful bike! Can't remember price but they are great guys in there. Tell him Judi said to call.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1371043176442.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	206521  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
Expert

Motorcycle: K4 1143, L2 1K
Garage

Thanks Judi, I appreciate the referral but I'm looking for a Suzuki. That is a nice Kawa by the way.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 08:45 AM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 2013 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP1143 View Post

Ive never been there but i think they have been in business for a long time. Ive heard they help those that have difficult credit. If thats the case they will save the bike for the person that cant get one elsewhere.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode