Pro-Tek ... - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 1996 GSX-R750 ,̶2̶0̶0̶0̶ ̶G̶S̶X̶-̶R̶6̶0̶0̶
Pro-Tek ... wth...

Just thought others may want to see this before buying anything directly from them. I havent been issued a refund yet, havent received any reply since my last inquery over 10 days ago. But heres my experiance with attempting to directly purchase 2 items from "Pro-Tek High Performance Motorcycle Parts".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: [email protected]
Subject: Order Update #321
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 22:34:56 -0800

Dear William Reed,
Pro-Tek High Performance Motorcycle Parts
Order Number: 321
Detailed Invoice
Date Ordered: Monday 18 February, 2013
The comments for your order are: Hi, we are currently out of stock on both items but are expecting them done in about a month or so. let us know if you want to wait. Thanks

Your order has been updated to the following status:
New status: Processing
Please reply to this email if you have any questions.
Copyright (c) 2013 Zen Cart. Powered by Zen CartThis email address was given to us by you or by one of our customers. If you feel that you have received this email in error, please send an email to [email protected]
This e-mail is sent in accordance with the US CAN-SPAM Law in effect 01/01/2004. Removal requests can be sent to this address and will be honored and respected.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: RE: Order Update #321
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 19:16:32 -0600

Hello,

I need the clamp most of all for my GSX-R600 1999 SRAD side mounted steering dampener. I am willing to wait within a reasonable time frame, 1-2 months is fine but please let me know if its expected to take longer than 2 months. A good 43mm fork mounted clamp with the extended out mounting point has been impossible for me to locate anywhere else. In the past 6 months I've broken 2 crummy ebay ones. I am willing to wait for a quality product, but would appreciate it if I could be informed of what would be expected maximum waiting time till arrival.

The reservoir cap I purchased just for cosmetic purposes. It'll match nicely with my pro-tek tripple clamp, and the fork mounted clamp. Please remove the cap from the order if the cap is going to cause a much longer delay than the clamp would alone. However if their expected to arrive in similiar time frame (a few weeks appart) please leave the cap on the order as it would be prefered not to pay for shipping twice.

Thank you for informing me that there will be a delay and giving me the option to wait or not.

-William C. Reed

Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 16:38:09 -0500

Ok no problem, we will keep you posted on the progress of both items. Sorry for the delays. Thanks

Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 13:02:52 -0500

Any chance theres a good estimate of a time frame now that its been a month?

Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 18:47:48 -0400

Hi, sorry for the delays they are still out of stock but they are being machined now and hopefully have them in soon, not sure on a time frame at this time that you will hold me to because of anodizing etc delays arise. Thanks for your patients.

Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 06:40:22 -0500

Hello, is there a established time frame yet?

Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 09:20:09 -0400

Hey William, no sorry to say no time frame when they will be in, have to machine then anodize, hopefully by mid May the latest. Sorry for the inconvience.

Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 16:02:58 -0500

Were about out of mid may....I might end up moving in the next month. I need a time frame, this is not a outlandish request. And I only urgently need that clamp.

Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 18:01:14 -0500

At this point I have waited 3 solid months from initial order. I understand the process of how these are made. I have been provided with no details as to the current status, where their at, or possible cause of delay. I would truely appreciate facts and info regarding my order.

Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 21:15:05 -0400

I have answered you many times, we can't control the delays when we are waiting for the shop to make the parts, I will cancel the order see if you can find it elsewhere. Sorry for the inconvience.

RE: Order Update #321‏
5/20/13 To: Robert Rome
William Reed
From: William Reed ([email protected]) You moved this message to its current location.
Sent: Mon 5/20/13 8:58 PM
To: Robert Rome ([email protected])

You have not awnsered me with anything substansial. I am pacient. I do need this clamp. But without a true reason other than ... oh you know theres some delays. Im sure you could understand my frustration and lack of understanding. Now if you could tell me well the order for a batch went out at XX/XX/XXXX and typically this process has taken from X~X months for full process. Well then I would have something factual. But you have not responded to me with anything other than.... "I cannot conferm anything" "Delays occur". For a company that has been up and running and more than likely has used manny sites for manufacturing I would expect atleast SOME idea of a established time table. Or is that classified information that your company doesnt believe the customer should be provided with? Like well hell our trucks got robbed agin Bob, some HR rep musta told their customer what stage their ordered and paid for product was. Or shoot aluminum became rare and we couldnt order it this month. You havent awnsered me anything nor even said any of the varibles. And your best hint of a worste case senario has gone and past without you even fallowing up. If another unforseen delay occured, its typically a obligation to explain the reason to your customer. Or at very least keep them informed when they are willing to wait.

So now you say you have awnsered me manny times. No you have not. Moving on.
You will cancel the order. When did I say to do such a thing? If the product was still in manufacturing stage wouldnt it seem to make more sence to change the shipping address of the customer if it does go beyond a unforseen delay. Espically when this delay has taken 1/4th of a year and the customer might possibly move durring manufacturing.
Ultimately I never requested to have my ordered canceled. Have you done this on your own free will to refuse a sale to me or what is your true explanation. Is it a policy? I mean you havent told me simply anything at all.

Please respond to me with atleast some form of fact or reasoning. Agin, this is not a absurd request as a customer to a vendor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmhunt View Post
What you should do is get that stupid DJ kit out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 750
Re: Pro-Tek ... wth...

That's some shitty service.
Edit: I don't think I've heard their name before but I think I'll keep it mind.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by javierv2689; 06-01-2013 at 02:18 PM.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 11:37 PM
Both Handsome AND Pretty!

Motorcycle: Dromaius Novaehollandiae
Re: Pro-Tek ...

That does seem pretty shitty. I guess someone there didn't read their own site.

"The need to move forward, to continually improve our product lines and service, to do business more efficiently and effectively so our customers can do the same has never been greater. The new products offered in this catalog underscore our commitment to quality, price and service. With over 35 years experience in CNC programming, Pro-Tek backs these lines with responsive customer service, competitive pricing and shipping expertise to all countries around the world."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 12:17 AM
Unstable SuperMod

Motorcycle: 92 GSX-R 750R Liquid

Yea, 3 1/2 months based on their original estimate of 1 month is not good. Then the attitude coming back and saying they are going to cancel it.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

About a month ago when I had a day off durring normal buisness hours, I called them directly and the guy on the other end (I forget his name) was very polite and understanding. I told him about the experiance with the online rep, he was appalled at the scenario aswell. I told him that I am expecting to move fairly soon and that I am still willing to wait and I will need to likely change the shipping address for the order. He told me it was no problem and to just let him know and to call if I had any other concerns or questions.

I finally moved about a week or so ago. Today I just recalled that I still havent goten the thing and a refund never occured. So I used the contact us thing on the site again and sent them this:

--------------------------
Hello,

On 02/18/2013 I purchased and paid in full for a clamp and reservoir cap. I explained I am willing to wait for it when I was told there may be a month or so delay. My Order number is :#321. I explained that I am willing to wait for the product because I need a quality clamp.

I called directly a month or so ago and explained that I will be moving in ruffly a month. Still willing to wait. But I may need to change the shipping address. I was told this is ok and to just let you guys know.

I have moved, and my new address is :

William C. Reed
XXXX XXX XXXXX
XXXXXXXX, XX, XXXXX

It has been 6 months now that I have been waiting. I believe I have been extremely patient and reasonable. I would truely like to know whats going on. I can be reached by my email and by txt or call to my cel #XXX-XXX-XXXX.

Sincerely Thank You,
William C. Reed
------------------------

Quote:
What you should do is get that stupid DJ kit out there.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

So its been 1 year and 1 month about, and today they arrived!

There was a few phone calls back and forth since the last post I did on this. The guys on the phone we're professional and understanding.

But here they are.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0361[1].jpg
Views:	61
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	289250  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 06:19 PM
Chubby Chaser

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-1000 (track), 2006 GSXR-600 (track/race)

It took you a year to get those 2 measly things?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 06:55 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 07' GSX-R 600

You should have bought a file and some aluminum. You might have finished sooner.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 06:56 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: GSXR 1000 K4

that is some patience. could you have made them yourself in less time?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 08:08 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 96 GSXR750 (parts), ZX7/9RR F-USA AMA SBK, 96 ZX7RR STREET, 96 WSBK ECKL ZX7RR

I posted 9 months ago that I could have him one in a week from another source

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

More than anything, I just think its comical. I had basically forgotten entirely about these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL170db View Post
It took you a year to get those 2 measly things?
Yup,
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelSlayer View Post
You should have bought a file and some aluminum. You might have finished sooner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dLegend82 View Post
that is some patience. could you have made them yourself in less time?
Most definitely
Quote:
I posted 9 months ago that I could have him one in a week from another source

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Yup, I remember that m8. I don't remember what happened though. I must have gotten distracted with something.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 11:55 AM
Parts Junkie

Motorcycle: 07 GSXR 1000

So did they ever refund your money and still sent them out? Or did they really hold your money for over a year and finally ship them?
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

The card I had on file with them actually expired before they sent out. Refund I guess was never submitted because it was never charged? I could have sworn it was though, lacking the care anymore to double check. I don't believe I was double billed, but again I didn't really care enough to check and see if I was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode