Surprise surprise! Jason@STG - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
No talent eh-hole squid, who stunts in traffic wearing flippie-floppies, board shorts and sunglasses when he is not parked at Tim Horton's representing his single-member squid bike club. Also a Fuckwad, a Jizz Receptacle and a Twat Waffle.

Motorcycle: k5 600
Surprise surprise! [email protected]

So I ordered a suit and helmet the first week of January after harassing Jason with questions. I get the suit and helmet, helmet is awesome. Bell star rally matte black on close out. Like 54% off I think? Anyways, the suit, which is an rs taichi wrx 303 is a tad too small for my already scrawny ass so I send it back. I start being a pain In the ass again asking questions and end up coughing up another 1100 bucks for the rs taichi gp max r101 suit that comes in the next size up. I got it today and man, is it ever comfortable. Once I get my back protector in there the thing is going to feel like a custom fit!

Thanks Jason! All your patience and hard work paid off! You now have all my money defs going to be doing business with STG in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
Fucking hell

I've flushed this poop like six times and this one nugget won't go down
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Boredz Crackhead

Motorcycle: K9 600
Re: Surprise surprise! [email protected]

I hope he tried it on first!
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
No talent eh-hole squid, who stunts in traffic wearing flippie-floppies, board shorts and sunglasses when he is not parked at Tim Horton's representing his single-member squid bike club. Also a Fuckwad, a Jizz Receptacle and a Twat Waffle.

Not sure if he did or not. But there were no stickers in the box
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 11:11 PM
I'm Sticking Around

Motorcycle: GS750TZ, GSX-R750Y (Gone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-kUb View Post
Not sure if he did or not. But there were no stickers in the box
Not the stickers again.

Suit looks good though...and the helmet was close-out priced...some consolation for the $1100 you spent on a great suit.

Ed
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR7ED View Post
Not the stickers again.

Suit looks good though...and the helmet was close-out priced...some consolation for the $1100 you spent on a great suit.

Ed
The first suit was 1200 something dollars and then the one in the photo was $2399 I believe. But right away I noticed a difference in the more expensive suit. The Japanese cow hide feel so soft and broken in already while the other drum dyed suit felt quite rigid, maybe it being too small had something to do with that
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 10:03 AM
I'm Sticking Around

Quote:
The first suit was 1200 something dollars and then the one in the photo was $2399 I believe. But right away I noticed a difference in the more expensive suit. The Japanese cow hide feel so soft and broken in already while the other drum dyed suit felt quite rigid, maybe it being too small had something to do with that
Well, I have a HUGE goal then...when it comes to getting my suit.

What would you recommend...getting the suit first, or getting the track only bike first.

I would do both at the same time but I have to prioritize...or take out a small loan:

SV650 Track Bike: $4500
One piece Suit: $2400
Lid: $500
Boots: $300
Gloves: $200

That comes up to: $7900

I'm sure there are more things needed but that's just a rough estimate. I'd also have to stay in shape as I do not want to grow out of my suit. Pretty expensive hobby but ONE that would make me Happy!

Ed

Note to Self: Culture of GDC; Impulse and Perception; Embrace the positive.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 12:18 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: 05 750

Thanks for the thread D, glad that we got that worked out. No problem exchanging suits, it's pretty simple for me.

Now the 60 emails you sent me in the process.............

post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 12:28 PM
AKA Pee Wee Herman

Motorcycle: Street:2018Z125ProKRT Track:2007GSXR600

Quote:

What would you recommend...getting the suit first, or getting the track only bike first.

I would do both at the same time but I have to prioritize...or take out a small loan:

I'm sure there are more things needed but that's just a rough estimate. I'd also have to stay in shape as I do not want to grow out of my suit. Pretty expensive hobby but ONE that would make me Happy!

Ed
$2400 for a suit?? You plan on buying a gold plated one? Jason will be abke to get you in a good suit, lid, boots and gloves for that price.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 12:48 PM
I'm Sticking Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy View Post
$2400 for a suit?? You plan on buying a gold plated one? Jason will be abke to get you in a good suit, lid, boots and gloves for that price.
I was using his example...the one he actually bought was $2399...lemme re-read his post. (Take a look at Post#5.)

My ideal "not too cheap" price range would be around/under $1K. If I could get it between $800-$900 even better. I don't think that's too cheap and the extra money would go towards the bike of course.

So, I'd subtract $1K (price of lid/boots/gloves) and possibly be set at $6900. That's do-able but not at the moment.

I'd make the local bike shop happy by having them take one of their parked 1999-2001 SV650s and turning it into a nice Track Bike. My guess would be between $4500-$5000 for starters...then it would just work its way up.

But I'm just dreaming...it is good to talk about it because at some point, I wanna make it a reality.

Ed

Note to Self: Culture of GDC; Impulse and Perception; Embrace the positive.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
2400 seems like a large chunk of change but I ride almost everyday between April and October on both the street and sometimes the track. I wore a two piece suit as a one piece for almost 3 seasons that was a hand-me-down that didn't fit that great and was old as hell. I figure if I'm going to be in the thing all the time, splurge and get a damn good one. So I looked into the wrx303 from taichi but it didn't fit and the only suit they could get me in the right size was the gp max r101 so I really splurged and got a really fuckin nice one

And it's not gold plated but it is Japanese silk screened cowhide which is pretty damn close price wise and probably hold up better against pavement too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
Fucking hell

I've flushed this poop like six times and this one nugget won't go down
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Ed
I ride everyday so I wanted a damn good suit. And when I add up all the gear I have including my bike and all my gear I've spent $8100 over the past 3 seasons. Call Jason or email him 60 or so times, he'll set you up in a suit that works with your budget and needs but if you have the dollars to spend, why not?

I haven't riden in the suit yet but I do notice right away how supple the leather is. Very comfortable and soft.
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Thanks for the thread D, glad that we got that worked out. No problem exchanging suits, it's pretty simple for me.

Now the 60 emails you sent me in the process.............

Well there was probably 60 or so pm's on here and then another 50 or so emails

Sorry about That

But seriously, thanks again for helping me out and taking my money
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 01:26 PM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: K5 600 gone, K8 600 gone. Current era: K5 600, RR8

The rs taichi gear is true stuff. I'm jelly!

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 01:29 PM
AKA Pee Wee Herman

Quote:
2400 seems like a large chunk of change but I ride almost everyday between April and October on both the street and sometimes the track. I wore a two piece suit as a one piece for almost 3 seasons that was a hand-me-down that didn't fit that great and was old as hell. I figure if I'm going to be in the thing all the time, splurge and get a damn good one. So I looked into the wrx303 from taichi but it didn't fit and the only suit they could get me in the right size was the gp max r101 so I really splurged and got a really fuckin nice one

And it's not gold plated but it is Japanese silk screened cowhide which is pretty damn close price wise and probably hold up better against pavement too!
Oh don't get me wrong, I am all for spending as much as you can afford on a new suit, but if I was gonna spend that much money I would have went for an air suit like the Spidi or the Taichi T-raps.
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh don't get me wrong, I am all for spending as much as you can afford on a new suit, but if I was gonna spend that much money I would have went for an air suit like the Spidi or the Taichi T-raps.
You're probably right on that. But I just didn't like the idea of haveing to attach myself to the bike. I know one day I'd be in a rush and them get off too fast or just plain old forget and then look like a dumb ass when it fuckin puffs up
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 02:46 PM
AKA Pee Wee Herman

Quote:
and then look like a dumb ass when it fuckin puffs up
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 02:49 PM
AKA Pee Wee Herman

I will tell you guys though, I am very jealous of all you skinny little shits. I had to buy a 48 to fit around my torso and have to have it shortened a decent amount. I struggle to get it on and off with the back protector on. I am hoping between it breaking in and me losing some weight it will fit the way I want it to.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I will tell you guys though, I am very jealous of all you skinny little shits. I had to buy a 48 to fit around my torso and have to have it shortened a decent amount. I struggle to get it on and off with the back protector on. I am hoping between it breaking in and me losing some weight it will fit the way I want it to.
Ha I'm jealous of all you short shits I'm to skinny for the suits that fit my height!
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 05:41 PM
Boredz Crackhead

Motorcycle: K9 600

Quote:
Ha I'm jealous of all you short shits I'm to skinny for the suits that fit my height!
Try adding 4" to your height.
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fluffer View Post
Try adding 4" to your height.
That's where I'd say fuck it and get some custom leathers made
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode