Motomummy order and parts review - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Amateur
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisiana
Motorcycle: 2011 GSX-R 750
Posts: 433
Motomummy order and parts review

I decided it was time to spend a few more nickles so I placed another order with MM. They always have great prices and free shipping.

I ordered:
Yoshimura R-77D full exhaust- When the box arrived, I opened it and can say is was packaged securely. Wrapped in heavy plastic and looked like it was shot spray foam that hardens to hold everything in place. I assume this was done from Yoshi. It came with instructions and the install was pretty simple. I drained and removed the radiator and had plenty of room. This was my first header swap. I did the removal and install by myself in my garage and I think it took about an hour. The quality of the material is excellent and the carbon fiber looks awesome. I love the exhaust note. It's loud but not obnoxious.
Verdict: Full exhaust isn't cheap but $880 never looked so good! Two thumbs up!

Shogun No Cut Frame Sliders- I'm not like 99% of the people on here that post about how good their frame sliders look. IMO that's like saying that curb feelers or training wheels look good. I bought them to serve a purpose and that's it. I opted for no cut simply because I didn't want to cut (damage) my fairing when I'm hoping to protect them. The packaging was good, the quality of the product looks very good. It didn't come with instructions, but they are available online. When I read the instructions I have to admit that I was disappointed to read "Shogun cannot guarantee that they will protect your motorcycle from any extent of damage. Shogun frame sliders are really meant to help possibly save the frame from damage in the event of a crash." You buy frame sliders to protect your bike and to have it say in bold print that they can not guarantee to protect your bike from ANY extent of damage. Then to say that they are meant to help POSSIBLY save the frame, doesn't build much confidence.
Verdict: If I had bought frame sliders that required me to cut my fairing and I read that I would have been PISSED! All I can do is hope that if I ever need them, they they WILL help protect my bike and not be a waste of $116.99. Fingers crossed.

Zero Gravity Double Bubble Dark Smoke Windscreen- Fit and finish is really nice. Optics through it are good. I thought it may be too tall and take away from the sport bike look. After installing it, I really like it. The height seems pretty good and when riding on the interstate it keep enough wind off of me, yet allow enough to go in my helmet if I crack my shield. It's dark, very dark!
Verdict: Very nice piece, $77.99 well spent!

SpeedoDRD- Like most, my speedo was off from the factory. My GoPro shows me trapping at the drag strip at 142mph, while my timeslip read 130mph. I wonder if Suzuki does this on purpose so people will think their bike is much faster than it is. Anyway, the fact is that it shows we are putting more miles on our bikes than we really are. The SpeedoDRD is SMALL, just like they claim. It easily tucks away, is easy to install and program and it does the job. Awesome piece for $70
Verdict: Should have been the very first thing I bought for my bike.

MM Reservoir Sock- Free with my order. You have to love free items.
Verdict: Makes me feel like a racer and if I ever don't want to fee like a racer, I can always use it as a wrist sweat band.

Woodcraft Swingarm Slider Spools- Woodcraft is known for their top quality products. My review on these will pretty much mirror my review for the frame sliders.
Verdict: IMO they are big, bulky and an eyesore. My bike was hit and knocked over. The right side spool has minor scratches. I'm not sure if the swingarm would have ever hit the ground without them. Either way, my swingarm is fine, for $29.99 I have to give the ugly things 2 thumbs up... I guess.

DMP Rear Stand- Easy to assemble, and sturdy. Lifts the bike with ease and I can support the rear in the air for extended periods of time without them bending. One of the rubber pieces came off, but it still works just fine.
Verdict: I can't compare it to any other stand but I feel it's worth the $89.99

__________________________________________________ _____________
Below are non-Motomummy parts.

-1 front sprocket (Parts Unlimited) from Ron Ayers- I figured since my speedo was already off and I ordered the SpeedoDRD, I might as well gear it down some. Thanks to this thread I got the sprocket for less than $7.38!! (not including shipping). Install took a little time, and I used an airgun because my (L1) swingarm won't let you slide a pipe through it. I had to play around with the front sprocket to get it off because I did it with the chain still on the bike.
Verdict: This was by far the best bang for the buck.

ECU Flashed from Flash-Tune.com- Super easy to remove and replace the ECU. Fast turn around with them. The flash replaces the need for the following units:
Our ECU flashing service eliminates the need for the following plug in devices

- Power Commander or other piggy back fuel controllers

- Power Commander Secondary Fuel Module

- Power Commander Ignition Module

- TRE timing retard eliminator

I had them keep the stock rev limited on the bike and now I feel like I may have them bump it up some because it feels like the bike wants to keep going. The good thing is they reflash it for free. I did this the same time I did the full exhaust. Throttle response is super crisp, the bike pulls like a freight train and wants to keep going. Everything seems to work as it should, fans kick on earlier now, etc. For $150 it can't be beat but what makes the deal even sweeter is I used promo code TOPSECRET and got $25 off! I actually forgot to type in my code when I checked out. I called them the next day and gave them the code over the phone and in no time they PayPal'd me back $25.
Verdict: Super happy with the flash and how the bike performs now. I would highly recommend them! How else can you unlock so much potential in your bike for $125?

'11 GSXR 750
01gt4.6 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Amateur
 
berencam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Central Arkansas
Motorcycle: 07 gsxr 600
Posts: 1,396
Did you not get the free 90 degree valve stems from MM for ordering over 700? Or did I miss that somewhere.
berencam is offline  
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Amateur
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisiana
Motorcycle: 2011 GSX-R 750
Posts: 433
Re: Motomummy order and parts review

Quote:
Originally Posted by berencam View Post
Did you not get the free 90 degree valve stems from MM for ordering over 700? Or did I miss that somewhere.
Yes I did. Sorry, I forgot. No review because I haven't installed them, they are still wrapped in bubble wrap. I guess I'll do them when it's time for tires.
01gt4.6 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Amateur
 
berencam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Central Arkansas
Motorcycle: 07 gsxr 600
Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
Yes I did. Sorry, I forgot. No review because I haven't installed them, they are still wrapped in bubble wrap. I guess I'll do them when it's time for tires.
I got mine along with tires and forgot to bring em with me when I got the tires installed.
berencam is offline  
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Chubby Chaser
 
SPL170db's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North Jersey
Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-1000 (track), 2006 GSXR-600 (track/race)
Posts: 57,792
Re: Motomummy order and parts review

Careful with bumping the rev-limiter up higher on a stock internals engine. Suzuki puts the rev-limiter there for a reason.



Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
How else can you unlock so much potential in your bike for $125?
Go to a track day and get some coaching
SPL170db is offline  
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Supporting Vendor

 
MotoMummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Motorcycle: Mummy Bike
Posts: 18,689
Re: Motomummy order and parts review

Good review. The sliders say that because people get sliders and they when they crash and something happens they want to blame the frame slider company. It's nothing more then a cover your ass. No frame slider can protect the bike in all crashes and it's sad you have to even tell people that. 9 times out of 10 they will save you more money then sliders cost though.

Glad you like the products though and if you have any questions let us know

Also....PICS?
MotoMummy is offline  
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Amateur
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisiana
Motorcycle: 2011 GSX-R 750
Posts: 433
Re: Motomummy order and parts review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL170db View Post
Careful with bumping the rev-limiter up higher on a stock internals engine. Suzuki puts the rev-limiter there for a reason.





Go to a track day and get some coaching
Yeah, that was my concern too. I was thinking about bumping it 500rpm. I may not need to now since I set the shift light again. The RPMs shot up so quickly that I was on the limiter before I knew it. No track days for me. Even though I'm not big into turns, I'm sure I'd enjoy it but my better half would have a fit. If I'm going to piss her off, I might as well do it at the drag strip, doing what I love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMummy View Post
Good review. The sliders say that because people get sliders and they when they crash and something happens they want to blame the frame slider company. It's nothing more then a cover your ass. No frame slider can protect the bike in all crashes and it's sad you have to even tell people that. 9 times out of 10 they will save you more money then sliders cost though.

Glad you like the products though and if you have any questions let us know

Also....PICS?
You got it Corey. I'll take her out later today and post up some good pics. Thanks again.

'11 GSXR 750
01gt4.6 is offline  
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
Moto_Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Macon Ga
Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike
Posts: 117,182
Re: Motomummy order and parts review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
Shogun No Cut Frame Sliders- I'm not like 99% of the people on here that post about how good their frame sliders look. IMO that's like saying that curb feelers or training wheels look good. I bought them to serve a purpose and that's it. I opted for no cut simply because I didn't want to cut (damage) my fairing when I'm hoping to protect them. The packaging was good, the quality of the product looks very good. It didn't come with instructions, but they are available online. When I read the instructions I have to admit that I was disappointed to read "Shogun cannot guarantee that they will protect your motorcycle from any extent of damage. Shogun frame sliders are really meant to help possibly save the frame from damage in the event of a crash." You buy frame sliders to protect your bike and to have it say in bold print that they can not guarantee to protect your bike from ANY extent of damage. Then to say that they are meant to help POSSIBLY save the frame, doesn't build much confidence.
Verdict: If I had bought frame sliders that required me to cut my fairing and I read that I would have been PISSED! All I can do is hope that if I ever need them, they they WILL help protect my bike and not be a waste of $116.99. Fingers crossed.
It is called "limiting their liability" No product can protect your bike in all situations. The product is designed to help protect. It is not a guarantee .

And the frame sliders are made to protect the FRAME, not the bodywork. If they were meant to save the bodywork they would be called bodywork sliders
Quote:
SpeedoDRD- ...I wonder if Suzuki does this on purpose so people will think their bike is much faster than it is. Anyway, the fact is that it shows we are putting more miles on our bikes than we really are....
. NO. Suzuki does not do it to trick you. All sportbikes are that way.

As for more miles, it is pretty much irrelevant anyway. Do some math. Lets say it is the average 10% off. At 3000 miles, the difference is 300mi. Does a 3300 mi bike have less value than a 3000? Nope.
At 15000, difference is 1500. Does a bike with 16,500 sell for more than one with 15,000 at any significant amount? Nope.

Quote:
Woodcraft Swingarm Slider Spools- Woodcraft is known for their top quality products. My review on these will pretty much mirror my review for the frame sliders.
Verdict: IMO they are big, bulky and an eyesore. My bike was hit and knocked over. The right side spool has minor scratches. I'm not sure if the swingarm would have ever hit the ground without them. Either way, my swingarm is fine, for $29.99 I have to give the ugly things 2 thumbs up... I guess.
They ARE big and bulky and an eye sore. And they are pretty much worthless in protecting. If the bike tips over, the swingarm WONT hit. And in a crash big spools tend to rip the spool mounts off and do more damage.
Quote:

DMP Rear Stand- Easy to assemble, and sturdy. Lifts the bike with ease and I can support the rear in the air for extended periods of time without them bending. One of the rubber pieces came off, but it still works just fine.
Verdict: I can't compare it to any other stand but I feel it's worth the $89.99
Never seen any stand bend under the weight of the bike.
Quote:
Install took a little time, and I used an airgun because my (L1) swingarm won't let you slide a pipe through it. I had to play around with the front sprocket to get it off because I did it with the chain still on the bike.
Verdict: This was by far the best bang for the buck.
Did you hammer against the trans in gear? If so BAD idea.

And your swingarm is the same as mine. I use a pipe



Glad you liked most of your stuff.
Just correcting a couple glaring misconceptions





To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:SFH : SBS : VHS :

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Coupon code "motojoe" for discount on hazardous racing leathers
2013 WERA National Challenge 3rd place
WERA Expert #20

Moto_Joe is offline  
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Amateur
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 280
Re: Motomummy order and parts review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
Yes I did. Sorry, I forgot. No review because I haven't installed them, they are still wrapped in bubble wrap. I guess I'll do them when it's time for tires.
I got a pair for free from them and I like them a lot. I do a good amount of track days. The angle saves my hands from the front rotor either being burned or cut when I check pressure from coming in off a session.
Last Week is offline  
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Amateur
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisiana
Motorcycle: 2011 GSX-R 750
Posts: 433
Re: Motomummy order and parts review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
It is called "limiting their liability" No product can protect your bike in all situations. The product is designed to help protect. It is not a guarantee .

And the frame sliders are made to protect the FRAME, not the bodywork. If they were meant to save the bodywork they would be called bodywork sliders
I understand that, I just hope they work if I ever need them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
. NO. Suzuki does not do it to trick you. All sportbikes are that way.

As for more miles, it is pretty much irrelevant anyway. Do some math. Lets say it is the average 10% off. At 3000 miles, the difference is 300mi. Does a 3300 mi bike have less value than a 3000? Nope.
At 15000, difference is 1500. Does a bike with 16,500 sell for more than one with 15,000 at any significant amount? Nope.
So why do they do it? What could be the rationale for intentionally having a speedo run fast? I've never heard of one running slow from the factory, have you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
They ARE big and bulky and an eye sore. And they are pretty much worthless in protecting. If the bike tips over, the swingarm WONT hit. And in a crash big spools tend to rip the spool mounts off and do more damage. Never seen any stand bend under the weight of the bike.
Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. tlee2989 had his stand bend, and I've seen it. I wouldn't make shit up, I have better things to do.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
Did you hammer against the trans in gear? If so BAD idea.

And your swingarm is the same as mine. I use a pipe
Nope, in neutral with the rear brake on. The right side of my swingarm looks nothing like the left side so I don't see how a pipe would go through it, and if it could, why bother when I had access to an airgun. If your swingarm is the same as mine, please post of a pic of the placement of the pipe. We'll be doing tlee2989's bike soon and I may not have access to an airgun. Thanks!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
Glad you liked most of your stuff.
Just correcting a couple glaring misconceptions
Thanks for correcting my glaring misconceptions. BTW a pic of that pipe and swingarm would really be nice. Thanks again.

'11 GSXR 750
01gt4.6 is offline  
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Amateur
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisiana
Motorcycle: 2011 GSX-R 750
Posts: 433
Re: Motomummy order and parts review

Corey, here are your pics. I didn't pull off my seat to take a pic of the speedoDRD, I figured that one was pointless.

If Joe or anyone else wants to critique my pics or would like different angles, left me know, I'll see what I can do to accommodate.

I'll try to post up an exhaust clip later, I'm sure I'll get flamed because there are a bazillion exhaust clips, but oh well. I'm just trying to put some info (of my opinion) out there to help others with their purchase.











'11 GSXR 750
01gt4.6 is offline  
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Amateur
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisiana
Motorcycle: 2011 GSX-R 750
Posts: 433
Re: Motomummy order and parts review








Last edited by 01gt4.6; 09-08-2012 at 02:18 PM.
01gt4.6 is offline  
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Moto_Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Macon Ga
Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike
Posts: 117,182
On the way to te track now. Will try to recall.

As for speedo error the only logical explanation i have ever been able to come up with is due to the fact a bike leans to trurn and as such the speedo and effective gearing is a constantly varying based on tire circumference they err on the side of caution. Better to be going sloower than you think than faster.

The ONLY time I have ever seen a manufacturer give a shit about top speed was the 200mph wars of the busa in 98ish. That was quickly ended with the gentlemans agreement to cap all sportbikes at 300kph or 186mph.





To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:SFH : SBS : VHS :

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Coupon code "motojoe" for discount on hazardous racing leathers
2013 WERA National Challenge 3rd place
WERA Expert #20

Moto_Joe is offline  
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Amateur
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisiana
Motorcycle: 2011 GSX-R 750
Posts: 433
Re: Motomummy order and parts review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Week View Post
I got a pair for free from them and I like them a lot. I do a good amount of track days. The angle saves my hands from the front rotor either being burned or cut when I check pressure from coming in off a session.
Thanks for your input. I don't track my bike but I'm sure it'll make checking the pressure easier.
01gt4.6 is offline  
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Moto_Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Macon Ga
Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike
Posts: 117,182
Ps: loving the passive agressive smart ass comments. Its not MY fault you posted somed pretty missinformed information that I am compelled to correct for those reading



Moto_Joe is offline  
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Amateur
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisiana
Motorcycle: 2011 GSX-R 750
Posts: 433
Re: Motomummy order and parts review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
On the way to te track now. Will try to recall.

As for speedo error the only logical explanation i have ever been able to come up with is due to the fact a bike leans to trurn and as such the speedo and effective gearing is a constantly varying based on tire circumference they err on the side of caution. Better to be going sloower than you think than faster.

The ONLY time I have ever seen a manufacturer give a shit about top speed was the 200mph wars of the busa in 98ish. That was quickly ended with the gentlemans agreement to cap all sportbikes at 300kph or 186mph.
I wasn't saying they do it to inflate top speed numbers, but speed in general. If you are accelerating to any speed and it says you're going 10% faster, some may think they are faster than what they are. Usually inflated numbers make SOME people happy, whether it's a speedo or inflated dyno numbers.
01gt4.6 is offline  
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Amateur
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisiana
Motorcycle: 2011 GSX-R 750
Posts: 433
Re: Motomummy order and parts review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
Ps: loving the passive agressive smart ass comments. Its not MY fault you posted somed pretty missinformed information that I am compelled to correct for those reading
What I posted was my option, which is what people post about when they give ratings. I could very well be wrong, on the swingarm deal, I looked at it and in the videos I saw online from STG and Dave Moss, all showed a swingarm that was open directly across. I don't know about your bike so I won't make assumptions but on mine, the swingarm doesn't have that opening on the right side... unless I'm missing something. What other misinformed information was I putting out? I directly quoted shogun. If you're talking about the stand, yes I've seen it with my own eyes. I'm sure Trevor will post up pics if anyone needs confirmation.

'11 GSXR 750

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 09-08-2012 at 02:13 PM.
01gt4.6 is offline  
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Moto_Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Macon Ga
Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike
Posts: 117,182
No need to repeat what I already posted. I quoted what was either misinformed or a misconception.

Re: the stand bending under a bikes weight...id like to hear more info but it is almost guaranteed it was used in a way that compromised it. In dirt.. to hold a rider and bike which can cause uneven distribution or it was simply past ser4vice life (worn out) Even the cheapest stands hold up a bike.

And yes. The swingarm is asymetrical. As it has been since 2004 iirc. Not sure on that. Maybe 06.



Moto_Joe is offline  
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Amateur
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisiana
Motorcycle: 2011 GSX-R 750
Posts: 433
Re: Motomummy order and parts review

Joe,

here's pics of my swingarm. Like I said, we'll be doing Trevor's 520 conversion and I may not had access to an airgun. You you know of a trick with the pipe and my swingarm (his is the exact same) let me know. I'd appreciate it.

Left:


Right:

01gt4.6 is offline  
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Amateur
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisiana
Motorcycle: 2011 GSX-R 750
Posts: 433
Re: Motomummy order and parts review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
Re: the stand bending under a bikes weight...id like to hear more info but it is almost guaranteed it was used in a way that compromised it. In dirt.. to hold a rider and bike which can cause uneven distribution or it was simply past ser4vice life (worn out) Even the cheapest stands hold up a bike.
I have no idea how he used his stands, I only know that they bent, which was all I stated. They were maybe a couple months old when it happened. He would have to give you more info about that because I can't speak for him on how it was used. I sent him a text, I'm sure he'll reply.

I wasn't out to compare my stand to others, I thought that was obvious when I said "I can't compare it to any other stand but I feel it's worth the $89.99". I only mentioned his after you brought it up.Either way, what I said was that my stand was sturdy and wouldn't bend. Which is correct information and it seem you would agree since you haven't known stands to bend.

So maybe it's me but I think we may be agreeing on some things here?

Go race, have fun, be safe. Just let me know if you can about that swingarm, so I can know how to do his before starting into it.

'11 GSXR 750

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 09-08-2012 at 02:33 PM.
01gt4.6 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome