MOTO-D stands - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
Mr Creepy McCreep

MOTO-D stands

i recently bought some new stands for my bike and decided to go with some of the MOTO-D brand stands, they arrived withing like 2 days from my order date and are very nice quality. its all aluminum with everything being tig welded, and all powder coated black on top of that. i had only one complaint with the stands and it was something minor dealing with the wheel assembly but it was an easy fix.

i didn't like how the wheel assembly was set up, it had entirely too much slack and the wheel would slide off of the bushing.

so i ended up by first putting a 5/16 by 1 1/2 fender washer on both sides of the wheel which sandwiched the inner bushing and keeping it firmly inside the wheel and then i put one more 1/4 regular flat washed on each side between the 5/16 fender washer and the rubber spacer that came with the stands. so it was from left to right rubber spacer, 1/4 washer, 5/16 fender washer, wheel, 5/16 fender washer, 1/4 washer, rubber spacer. this took up all the slop in the wheel assembly when tightened back down.

this was a simple fix i believe anyone could do with some common sense and a little "know how" but i greatly appreciate your speedy service as well as a very great overall product.

my old stands were a set of PSR economical stands front/rear which were the same price but less than half the quality.

http://motodracing.com/accessories.h...oduct=11989928
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Mr Creepy McCreep

Here's a few pics of my girl up on the new stands
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1345759372.786195.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	189855  
Attached Images

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 11:12 AM
TJS
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 1995 GSXR 750, Modified 1992 GSF Bandit 400, want a "Kitchen Pass" for a KLX 140 Supermoto
Re: MOTO-D stands

My front pit-bull stand was stolen at a track day and I'm looking for a new one. How does the Moto D compare to the Pit Bull front stand?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 11:43 AM
!##NULL##!

damn people steal shit at trackdays now?

while nothing compares to a Pitbull stand, the stands you see nowadays from great vendors like MotoD or MJMotoGear are extremely nice quality and they are taking paddocks and garages by storm. It's a great product and piece of mind for the money.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Mr Creepy McCreep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS View Post
My front pit-bull stand was stolen at a track day and I'm looking for a new one. How does the Moto D compare to the Pit Bull front stand?
idk as far as the pit bull stand i have yet to have one, but the moto d stand is night and day compared to my psr stand. this one is a square tubing design i guess so that the stand has more surface area to be more stable. i would recommend it for only 120 for the set IMO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode