Can't post in the WTB section - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Can't post in the WTB section

Hello everyone I'm new here, I can't seem to post in the WTB section? I'm new to this forum but not to forums, most of them have the members fee to post for sale but they let you post wtb threads for free. How do I post one here?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 12:11 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: 2008 GSXR 750
Re: Can't post in the WTB section

You don't, that's how they set it up, can't even post if you do want to buy something off someone in their thread unless you become a supporting member.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 12:14 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: Had a bike back in the day.

The famous red "R"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Squid

So let me get this straight. I have to pay the membership fee too if I just want to post a wtb thread? That makes no sense. I understand the need to be paying member if your selling because your making a profit, I guess every forum has its rules and some make more sense then others.

Thank you anyways
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 12:22 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: 2008 GSXR 750

Pretty much.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 12:51 PM
Possibly infected with Ebola

Motorcycle: 1994 GSXR 750, finally done! Custom Paint. Rebuilt top end and carbs. Yoshi top triple and rearsets (stolen:crying).1993 GSXR 750 project to rebuild. 2003 GSXR 600 Alstare Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by black750r View Post
So let me get this straight. I have to pay the membership fee too if I just want to post a wtb thread? That makes no sense. I understand the need to be paying member if your selling because your making a profit, I guess every forum has its rules and some make more sense then others.

Thank you anyways

It prevents this site from becoming Craigslist and helps keep the members around. This way people can't come on the site get what they need and leave and not contribute any knowledge to the site. Most people don't have a problem contributing as the classifieds here are amazing. Great stuff at good prices.

The paid membership also allows for a paper trail incase a deal goes south. We have seen it all before. Seller takes the money and never ships the product or vice versa where the seller ships it on good faith to help a fellow rider out and never gets paid. Or we have seen it where people will get the parts they bought in the exact condition that was expressed during the deal and then file a claim on Paypal to get their money back for some bs reason.

Originally posted by VooDoo Child, "You are taking classes and getting used to a 250? So you will be ok? You have no clue. That's like saying you kissed a girl on the playground in the 5th grade so you know how to handle the hooker in Vegas."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Gobbler View Post
It prevents this site from becoming Craigslist and helps keep the members around. This way people can't come on the site get what they need and leave and not contribute any knowledge to the site. Most people don't have a problem contributing as the classifieds here are amazing. Great stuff at good prices.

The paid membership also allows for a paper trail incase a deal goes south. We have seen it all before. Seller takes the money and never ships the product or vice versa where the seller ships it on good faith to help a fellow rider out and never gets paid. Or we have seen it where people will get the parts they bought in the exact condition that was expressed during the deal and then file a claim on Paypal to get their money back for some bs reason.
couldnt have said it better. Im on other forums with tons of good info in them, but lately 80% of the content has turned into a market forum, and a bunch are probably scammers.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 02:16 PM
Unstable SuperMod

Motorcycle: 92 GSX-R 750R Liquid

Don't worry about it. He has 2 posts, one asking why he can't make a post then the 2nd complaining about the system. Not a real contributing member of the Forum anyways.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 02:18 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by black750r View Post

Thank you anyways

Agreed but oh well what can you do right
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 02:20 PM
The Supermod that wants to see grandma's Snapper....

Motorcycle: WR250R

It's getting fucking old listening to people bitch and moan about this policy. Go start your own forum and buy and sell whatever the fuck you want. It's the policy of this site, it's not changing, move the fuck on and stop fucking complaining. A generation of giant pussies.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 04:45 PM
The Husbeast

Motorcycle: 06 GSXR 750 X2 (one street, one track), KTM 520sx SuMo, '11 CBR250R, Oh, and my wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead401 View Post
A generation of giant pussies.
Yup, all these "safety" warnings and systems to "protect" people who are too stupid to look out for them selves are creating a generation of people who expect everyone else to look out for them. Then these people breed! No personal sense of preservation, just more stoopid. Guess who swings when one of these fucktards gets mowed down when they are expecting everyone else to look out for them, thats right, the fucktard who was expecting the first fucktard to see him. I say remove ALL of the warning labels and let the dumb cull itself out of society. Then we can add some depth to that puddle they call the gene pool.

DISCLAIMER - I'm not an expert but, I play one on the interwebs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8you4t View Post
Thank fuck for that ... We need to start culling these oxygen thieves sooner

Self proclaimed GDC thread killer
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 02:24 PM
The Husbeast

Motorcycle: 06 GSXR 750 X2 (one street, one track), KTM 520sx SuMo, '11 CBR250R, Oh, and my wife.

Was I too harsh? Oh, I'm terribly sorry, didn't mean to hurt anyone's feeling.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode