access to oil cooled classified ads - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Squid

access to oil cooled classified ads

I wish to determine current value of my 88 1100,with a view to sell due to health problem. Alas I am forbidden access to ads for reason not apparent at this time. The access denied note is just that , no info on how one might gain access to requested forum! ????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 05:51 PM
I move away from the mic

Motorcycle: 2006 R1 50th
Garage
Re: access to oil cooled classified ads

On the header, click "Forum," scroll down to the classifieds, read the header.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 06:04 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: '07 GSX-R 600 in Blue/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate_Rain View Post
On the header, click "Forum," scroll down to the classifieds, read the header.
And to save some trouble:
Quote:
Gixxer.com Classifieds
For items you are looking to sell and also stuff you want to buy. You must be a premium member in order to post in this section.
Emphasis added for clarity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozzlehead View Post
I wish to determine current value of my 88 1100,with a view to sell due to health problem. Alas I am forbidden access to ads for reason not apparent at this time. The access denied note is just that , no info on how one might gain access to requested forum! ????nn
Thanks Chocrain .Now the bot claims that I must have forgot password! What a mediocre setup! Plus they expect a premium payment! to access ads! Now wonder Suzuki Corp is in trouble LOL.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozzlehead View Post
Thanks Chocrain .Now the bot claims that I must have forgot password! What a mediocre setup! Plus they expect a premium payment! to access ads! Now wonder Suzuki Corp is in trouble LOL.
This site is not operated, endorsed, sponsored, or condoned by Suzuki Corp. To believe otherwise is pure stupidity.

The forum rules are created by the forum owner(s)/operator(s), and if you disagree with them - fuck on over to gsxr.com.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Hand-Eye Coordinator

Motorcycle: 2014 675R, 2019 Husky TE300i, 2014 Grom. Yes, Grom, fuck you, it's fun.

OP needs to change his name to "dickhead." zing.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: A Gixxah!

I can help you with the value of your bike. The value is whatever a person is willing to pay for it.

Pay to use the classifieds. Everyone else in this thread has.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 10:30 PM
Ex-Lady Supermod

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Lux-Racing View Post
I can help you with the value of your bike. The value is whatever a person is willing to pay for it.

Pay to use the classifieds. Everyone else in this thread has.
That's not true, now
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 01:42 AM
Viking Foreign Affairs Attaché

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaSchou View Post
That's not true, now
Women eh...guh...

Kidding!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 01:45 AM
Nazi Lustful Faggot - hot for Hermann Göring & Cainyboy

Motorcycle: zixxer 1k '06, k7 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
And to save some trouble:
Emphasis added for clarity.
It says you must pay to post but not to view. Am I getting something wrong?
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 02:53 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.leopard View Post
It says you must pay to post but not to view. Am I getting something wrong?
Uhhh, I said nothing about viewing. The text I quoted is right from the forum home.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Squid

I get the same thing. I understand having to pay to post ads, but paying just to view them as well?
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Mesonychoteuthis hamitoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
I get the same thing. I understand having to pay to post ads, but paying just to view them as well?
This isn't craigslist. That rule is there to keep fuck face's like you away. Show up, buy/sell/scam, disappear. You want that, go to craigslist/ebay.

2 posts bitching about the site - feel free to leave. gsxr.com doesn't require paying membership.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Squid

so let me get this straight, I too would like to see "oil cooled classifieds" but it seems they technically arent under the "classified" section, I looked. instead they fall under the Gixxer Forums header. I understand having to pay membership to advertise items in classified to sell, but if I was a paying member and knew that non-paying members or new members thinking of becoming a premium member could NOT see the classified section then I as a paying member would feel like I wasnt getting full value for my membership. This puts limits on just who can see my stuff for sale. So while I am able to see bikes for sale in the classified section, I'm not allowed to see oil-cooled parts for sale? What gives ? ? ?
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 09:42 PM
Squid

Ok, so just saw a sticky in the Oil cooled section where you have to get the Red "R" for $15 to post or buy in classifieds. Still dont understand why I can see bikes for sale in classifieds, but not oil cooled parts for sale. Guess I never saw that when I first jioned or it wasnt real obvious.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 11:37 PM
Hand-Eye Coordinator

Motorcycle: 2014 675R, 2019 Husky TE300i, 2014 Grom. Yes, Grom, fuck you, it's fun.

ask any of the oiler members if they have trouble buying and selling their parts. none of them will say "yes."
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 06:13 AM

Location: In the garage, smoking one of Anthony D's cigars...
Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTTER5 View Post
so let me get this straight, I too would like to see "oil cooled classifieds" but it seems they technically arent under the "classified" section, I looked. instead they fall under the Gixxer Forums header. I understand having to pay membership to advertise items in classified to sell, but if I was a paying member and knew that non-paying members or new members thinking of becoming a premium member could NOT see the classified section then I as a paying member would feel like I wasnt getting full value for my membership. This puts limits on just who can see my stuff for sale. So while I am able to see bikes for sale in the classified section, I'm not allowed to see oil-cooled parts for sale? What gives ? ? ?
The classified section is a sub-forum of the main forum. there is much more to GDC then the classifieds. If you are thinking of joining for the sole purpose of gaining access to the classified section just to sell parts&bitching about the $15 you probably do not have much to contribute to the site in general. We don't need members whose main reason for joining is to sell stuff,and the pay-to-access rule seems to be proving itself highly effective in this situation
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 09:10 PM
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
The classified section is a sub-forum of the main forum. there is much more to GDC then the classifieds. If you are thinking of joining for the sole purpose of gaining access to the classified section just to sell parts&bitching about the $15 you probably do not have much to contribute to the site in general. We don't need members whose main reason for joining is to sell stuff,and the pay-to-access rule seems to be proving itself highly effective in this situation
Obviously my words didnt say what I meant. My intent isnt to come on here and try to sell (i have no parts to sell !) without paying for a subscription. Didnt think I said anything even close to that. If one pays $15 for this and $10 for that and another $15 for some other subscription then it all does add up. What if one pays for the membership to find out there are like two ads for old oil-cooled stuff, and that's it! They are like over 20 yrs old now, and I have no interest in the newer stuff. I'd be bummed if that's the case. I really still dont know if that's the case cause cant see any of the classifieds. Can someone please be courteous enough to a newcomer and tell me there are some good oil-cooled classifieds and it's totally worthwile. thanks.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 06:08 AM

Location: In the garage, smoking one of Anthony D's cigars...
Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...

This is one the largest site's on the web for oil cooled parts besides ebay.....and again,it seems that you are only interested in the oil cooled classifieds from your last post? "Paying for a membership and then only finding out there a re like two ads for the oil cooled stuff"? That to me sounds pretty clear as far as where your interestes are

Last edited by oldgixxer; 09-15-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode