Starter Miotor problems - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Starter Miotor problems

Alright lads how have ye been, for the last few months the starter has not felt right and lasdtnight outside a market when I tried to start her she just made this weird noise, I bumbed starter her and took of the RH cover and have a look at the starter motor shaft, worn down to bits, I tried to shim the youke out with 2 spacers but it did not work and I called every breaker in the country (Ireland) and they themselves were looking for them. I found out that Suzuki upgraded them and the shaft length was a different size and I was just told the colour of the sticker to get the same one, I managed to find a blue sticker one with the under code of 2238000-84841 as the code on the blue part of the sticker was eroded so I assume now as the bottom code was the sticker colour was the same I am ok. It cost me totally 50 of your US bucks including delivery which would have been 70dollars delivery and the cost of the part (70usd just for delivery to Ireland) except our post office company here in Ireland has redeliver hubs both in the US and UK so I was able to get her posted to there in my US address and they charge 15 for that which is pretty good.
I was very surprised at the prices of them, 2300us and up for most of the ones I seen and looking at the shaft last night I was thinking that metal or composite looks very weak compared to the gears she has to turn to start the engine, well wish me luck lads and that she be working again and any tips on installing are very welcomed.

The first 2 pics are of my one in the bike now, pls note the worn down teeth and the 3rd pic is of the one I purchased on ebay just there.

thanks for reading.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail_20190604_201721.jpg (65.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_20190605_104739.jpg (165.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg s-l16002.jpg (127.5 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by irelandgsxr1000k6; 06-05-2019 at 06:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode