1Likes
  • 1 Post By fastfedd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Amateur

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 1000
Garage
Best headphones/earplugs

I use my sena 20s all the time, but I hated not wearing earplugs but wearing them and trying to hear anything from my 20s was very hard. I searched and found a company called plugfones , they were a kickstarter company first.

https://www.plugfones.com/

I've been wearing these for months now and the foam tips instead of the silicone are the way to go, the sound you get from them are great, as good as any apple/samsung headphone would be, maybe even a little better since its also an earplug.

Whats great about this company is they sell replacements and not expensive either, like 5 bucks for 10.

Recently though I placed an order for new replacements and instead of the normal earplug foam they are now using this

https://plugfones-e0woayicm95h9.netd..._sm.png?iv=208

They call this their "comforttwist" I get the idea but it sucks, its way too thin at the front and doesn't block out the sound like it used to. I emailed the company because they no longer make the normal earplug only this new pointy crap. Surprisingly they emailed me back and were already addressing the issue, they are producing a thicker version of this "comfortwist" and are going to send me a few sets for free as long as I review it and give them feedback. Anyway I recommend anyone looking to protect their ears but still want to hear navigation, radar detector or music, these are the best I've tried out of others.
coopgt1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 07:24 PM
Rectum Rupticus

Motorcycle: 2003 GSXR 750
Re: Best headphones/earplugs

Very interesting
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 10:07 PM
Likes Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiicks

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR "250"
Garage

I can use my sena with earplugs. I use Etymotic IEMs for airplane flights, which uses a triple flange for isolation that is equivalent to earplugs. However, I doubt I'd ever use them on a motorcycle: I like being aware of my surroundings, so I use earplugs and a Sena.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 09:51 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR 600

3m earplugs and Sena 20S. You're welcome.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 09:30 AM
Hand-Eye Coordinator

Motorcycle: 2014 675R, 2019 Husky TE300i, 2014 Grom. Yes, Grom, fuck you, it's fun.

It comes down to what you want to spend, really. When I was in the Air Force, I was given custom fit earplugs that also had a hole for the comms earbuds for my flight helmet. The business also offered models that would accommodate many different brands of earbud manufacturers. Since they kept my mold on file, I bought basic earplugs from them on my own dime for working at home.

Give a google search for molded custom earplugs in your area and tell them you want some plugs that accept "X" brand earbuds and i bet $3.50 that they will make them for you. It might cost $100 and 10 minutes of your time to make the mold, but custom earplugs are the shiznit.

"A girl phoned me and said, "Come on over. There's nobody home." I went over. Nobody was home!"

-Dangerfield
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 02:32 PM
Squid

I visited the website https://www.plugfones.com/, but I didn't find the best one that I need because I was looking to get the custom earplugs so that it will fit of my ears and will give me full hearing protection. I was looking for a company that gives me custom earplugs after getting a set of my impression.
Price doesn't matter for me because I need full hearing protection that can protect the sound level and give me the safe riding.
Earplugs is an essential part along with helmet, jacket, boots, gloves. So If we want a safe riding then we must use the earplugs that create for motorcycle riding only. We cannot use other earplugs that haven't designed for motorcycle riding because it won't give us full protection to keep the sound level at a normal level.

I was finding the best motorcycle riding earplugs and at last, I found a couple of company such as
https://www.bigearinc.com/custom-ear-plugs-for-motorcycle-riders and CluisTROM - Custom Moulded Motorcycle Earplugs both are good. You can have a look as well.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 06:46 AM
Mod w/ no fucks left...

Motorcycle: 2011 1K....'04 Kawi 636 trackwhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaxjordan0 View Post
I visited the website https://www.plugfones.com/, but I didn't find the best one that I need because I was looking to get the custom earplugs so that it will fit of my ears and will give me full hearing protection. I was looking for a company that gives me custom earplugs after getting a set of my impression.
Price doesn't matter for me because I need full hearing protection that can protect the sound level and give me the safe riding.
Earplugs is an essential part along with helmet, jacket, boots, gloves. So If we want a safe riding then we must use the earplugs that create for motorcycle riding only. We cannot use other earplugs that haven't designed for motorcycle riding because it won't give us full protection to keep the sound level at a normal level.

I was finding the best motorcycle riding earplugs and at last, I found a couple of company such as
https://www.bigearinc.com/custom-ear-plugs-for-motorcycle-riders and CluisTROM - Custom Moulded Motorcycle Earplugs both are good. You can have a look as well.
$349??
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 10:56 AM
Soberz again

Motorcycle: 2006 GSX-R1000
Garage

^ yeah.. fuck that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode