Engine failures - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kartel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Married his Fleshlight... And Also touches people in a "special" way

Engine failures

So i browse the Yamaha and BMW forums a lot for shits and gigs. Over there I find many posts about catastrophic engine failures, some with quite low mileage. Yet here it's very rare to find many posts about catastrophic engine failures. Is Suzuki that reliable or people just don't post about it here ?

If you have any stories of engine failures share them here I would like to hear about them!

I had a 2008 750 with 60,000km. I turned it on one day and heard a horrible metal rattling noise. I jumped to conclusions and assumed it had thrown a bearing or something. Looking back on it with what I know now it was probably the cam chain. Either way I hadn't taken care of that bike too well and it probably would have given up the ghost either way.

Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk

Head down, ass up , knee down.
by FAR my favorite sex positio.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:42 AM
Soberz again

Motorcycle: 2006 GSX-R1000
Garage
Re: Engine failures

I blew two K1 750 motors back in the day but I'll take the blame for both because in those days I would hang stand-up wheelies until my arms hurt and the oil pick-up on those bikes wasn't that great while up on one wheel. You basicially risked oil starvation if you were "squidding" it up for too long. I don't blame for Suzuki for that at all plus the fact that I was no where near as adept at maintaining my rides as I am now. I was just a teen then.

For the most part our engines are bullet proof. We use to have a handful of members here with upwards of 80-100k miles on their bikes and many more in the 50k+ mile club.

I'd rather ride and control an Analog bike than ride and be controlled by a Digital one.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
I blew two K1 750 motors back in the day but I'll take the blame for both because in those days I would hang stand-up wheelies
When you say you blew them can you describe what happened?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 03:21 AM
Soberz again

Motorcycle: 2006 GSX-R1000
Garage

I spun rod bearings both times. To clear this up and thinking back now, although it felt like I blew two motors it was actually one motor that went twice. The first time Suzuki repaired it under warranty, the second time was on me so I replaced it with an motor I bought right here from a Canadian forum member. Looking back on it, it probably went the second time because it may have not been repaired fully correctly the first time. I did not get a lock up on either occasion. Just a severe loss of power and an engine that sounded like it was full of marbles.

I'd rather ride and control an Analog bike than ride and be controlled by a Digital one.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 03:46 AM Thread Starter

Damn...that's got to suck. I hope I never have to experience an engine grenading between my legs. Riding Suzuki will make that less likely. Such complex things but if taken care of hopefully should last a long time. I'm nearly at 40,000 and every now and then on start up I hear a rattle...thinking I'm going to have to check the CCT at some point.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 01:49 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: GSX-R1000 K4

I had 64k in miles on 750 k6 when I replaced it with my current thou.
No drama, once head gasket had to be replaced but I strongly believe Suzuki bikes are known for good engines, some other stuff might be not as good a quality as boring Honda but I like them and will stick with gixxers
Carnage likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode