Searching and Assholes.... - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 2012 GSXR 750
Searching and Assholes....

There's a whole lot of content on this website, great! 99% of it is cluttered with dipship, assholes telling people to SEARCH...

How about this... Don't click the link, don't offer help, just keep being awesome... When the OP notices no one responding, he'll figure it out on his own...

I just bought a 2012 750 and started reading all the threads from day 1 of the 11-12 600/750 section and within 2 weeks you have guys telling people to search. Bunch off assholes.....

To those who answer the same questions 1000 times and to those who just laugh and say " This question again... " Thank you very much for being a decent human being...

end rant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
!##NULL##!

Re: Searching and Assholes....

Just an idea..... After a month setup an automatic delete that removes threads with less than 2 posts..

That'll clean up the forum and make searching significantly easier for those that aren't computer savvy.
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Ex-Lady Supermod

Garage

Try GSXR.com or get over it. It gets tiresome answering the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
!##NULL##!

.....So don't answer them... I've spent the last 3 days searching through threads where they all say... search search search... I can't find answers with all the bullshit...
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 06:15 PM
Ex-Lady Supermod

Garage

Or people can search

It's 2013 and there is NO excuse for being computer illiterate. If you can't figure it out then that is on you not anyone else so pull up your big boy pants. What exactly are you bitching about, seems you got your info on your question.

https://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthr...046&highlight=

Last edited by Samantha750; 04-11-2013 at 06:19 PM.
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 06:32 PM
The Supermod that wants to see grandma's Snapper....

Motorcycle: WR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K 750 View Post
There's a whole lot of content on this website, great! 99% of it is cluttered with dipship, assholes telling people to SEARCH...

How about this... Don't click the link, don't offer help, just keep being awesome... When the OP notices no one responding, he'll figure it out on his own...

I just bought a 2012 750 and started reading all the threads from day 1 of the 11-12 600/750 section and within 2 weeks you have guys telling people to search. Bunch off assholes.....

To those who answer the same questions 1000 times and to those who just laugh and say " This question again... " Thank you very much for being a decent human being...

end rant.
This has been brought up before. You would have known that if you searched.
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
!##NULL##!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha750 View Post
Or people can search

It's 2013 and there is NO excuse for being computer illiterate. If you can't figure it out then that is on you not anyone else so pull up your big boy pants. What exactly are you bitching about, seems you got your info on your question.

https://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthr...046&highlight=

In your world, there's no excuse... Many people have never used or even heard of forums.

I agree that people should search.. We both agree on that note... My point is why post to search and act annoyed when you can just ignore it. That just adds more crap on the forum that I have to read through...

At the moment I'm trying to figure out how to get a nice exhaust setup without having to cough up $1000.... I started with about 50 tabs and of those 50 only 5-8 actually info that i found usable... The rest are litered with SEARCH...

Over the last 10-15 years I've posted regularly on 15-20 forums and have never seen this bs anywhere else....
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Mesonychoteuthis hamitoni

How about if you're not computer literate stop trying to find shit on the internet?

Go to a dealer and order a paper copy of a service manual for any questions, and GTFO the internets!
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Ex-Lady Supermod

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead401 View Post
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
!##NULL##!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead401 View Post
lol You sir are a scholar.... Thanks you just made my day haha
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Ex-Lady Supermod

Garage

Quote:
Over the last 10-15 years I've posted regularly on 15-20 forums and have never seen this bs anywhere else....
This is GDC by god and we are not like other sites!
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
!##NULL##!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhar View Post
How about if you're not computer literate stop trying to find shit on the internet?

Go to a dealer and order a paper copy of a service manual for any questions, and GTFO the internets!

I'm saying in general... Not me specifically, I can work a keyboard like I can work my penis... Perfect, every time...

For your average person, who is new to forums, they may not know how to properly search...

For example if you go to search and simply type exhaust.. You'll get 1000+ hits... But if you go to advanced and find the section for your model the results are much better.. If you took a poll on here i'd put money 20-40% of the members here don't know about that..

Once again the point of this thread wasn't saying people shouldn't search... I've been reading threads on here for the last 3 days straight trying to learn everything I can about my new bike.. My point was in the last 3 days of reading, half of that reading has been SEARCH....

If you can't agree that members tell people to SEARCH too often then you're just an idiot and is here to create trouble than actually help people..
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
!##NULL##!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha750 View Post
This is GDC by god and we are not like other sites!
lol thats for damn sure... I definitely like a vibe here; everyone seems to be friendly and outgoing.

I just think content wise there are 10 posts saying search for every one that has an answer.
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 06:50 PM
Both Handsome AND Pretty!

Motorcycle: Dromaius Novaehollandiae

Quote:
lol thats for damn sure... I definitely like a vibe here; everyone seems to be friendly and outgoing.

Go fuck a goat!

post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 06:56 PM
AKA Pee Wee Herman

Motorcycle: Street:2018Z125ProKRT Track:2007GSXR600

Quote:
In your world, there's no excuse... Many people have never used or even heard of forums.

I agree that people should search.. We both agree on that note... My point is why post to search and act annoyed when you can just ignore it. That just adds more crap on the forum that I have to read through...

At the moment I'm trying to figure out how to get a nice exhaust setup without having to cough up $1000.... I started with about 50 tabs and of those 50 only 5-8 actually info that i found usable... The rest are litered with SEARCH...

Well if we dont tell them to search how are they gonna learn to?

Hand a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish..............

And BTW I have been on over twice as many forums as you claim in the same amount of time, and most of them are the same.

Quit your god damned whining. We don't care how you feel about the way this place is run. If you dont like it, That goes for anyone who comes on this forum saying how poorly it's run. The mods here do a great job and they run it the way they seem fit.

You want to run a forum that's all about hugging dick and teaching people how to use forums? Go right ahead.

Rich
CCS AM #795

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Coach

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 06:57 PM
AKA Pee Wee Herman

Motorcycle: Street:2018Z125ProKRT Track:2007GSXR600

Quote:

I just think content wise there are 10 posts saying search for every one that has an answer.
Oh and if YOU were capable of finding the 1 out of them 10 threads I am sure someone with a complete brain can as well.

Every one else can just repost and get flamed.
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
!##NULL##!

Im just going to keep typing search in every single thread since every single question has already been answered... I should be up to 10k posts in a week..
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Ex-Lady Supermod

Garage

Quote:

Gotta have thick skin on this forum or at least mind your P's and Q's. There is one thread right now that so far appears OP's bike wont start and all he has done is log on here to ask why his bike wont start. No trouble shooting at all.
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 07:15 PM
SVS
Bearded Viking Admin...

Motorcycle: '08 KTM SuperDuke R, '99 SV650S, '84 XL600R

post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Hand-Eye Coordinator

Motorcycle: 2014 675R, 2019 Husky TE300i, 2014 Grom. Yes, Grom, fuck you, it's fun.

OP, you are retarded. there are some issues here that involve dozens of pages of replies, and they are NECESSARY to answer the problem. electrical problems can be very tedious, and spending 100 pages walking a neophyte through his bullshit issue that he didn't even have the vocabulary to describe and it ends up being his killswitch is a complete disservice. if there are 20 steps to a diagnosis, then taking 3 days to get replies to your steps is ridiculous if you could simply search a fucking problem and get your answer in 5 minutes.

delete threads after a period of time? are you daft? my racebike is 7 years old and i might have an issue that someone who is more knowledgeable than me dealt with in 2006, and perhaps, he isn't around the site anymore.

next, you get the fools who don't even follow advice. i would say that 10% of the people who don't search and then simply ask "my bike won't start, what is wrong," won't even have the goddamned courtesy to do what you recommend. they come back with "i tried 'x' to fix my prob, why won't it work" and you can ALLCAPS 'y' solution, that will solve the fucking problem and the asshole will end up saying he took the thing to the dealer and paid $500 for a wrong diagnosis and then $500 to get a part he didn't need.

there are some absolute fucking geniuses that are members of this site, and their wisdom is contained in previous threads. if the smartest guy here logs on once a week, that means that 6 days out of 7, the OP asking a question won't get the answer from the smartest guy. don't even get me started on the guys who give bad advice about gear with only ever owning one jacket, riding with only ever going with his "ruffrydaz crew down the boulevard, or electrical when they don't eve own, let alone know how to use a multimeter.

take your rant and shove it. if you don't think that searching is a viable option, YOU are missing out, not us.

"A girl phoned me and said, "Come on over. There's nobody home." I went over. Nobody was home!"

-Dangerfield
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode