• 1 Post By MacBayne

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Power Commander V

I have a 2006 Gsxr 600

I have a yoshimura slip on.

Bike runs a little lean.

Is it worth putting on a power commander?

If anybody has a bike with a slip on and a power commander, please tell me how your bike performs now. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 01:31 PM
Hand-Eye Coordinator

Motorcycle: 2014 675R, 2019 Husky TE300i
Re: Power Commander V

I'm glad that you asked this question. There is absolutely no info about that anywhere on this site, nope.
750Squidiot likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 03:13 PM
Uses squid tentacles as a butt-plug

Motorcycle: K4 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Goff View Post
I have a 2006 Gsxr 600

I have a yoshimura slip on.

Bike runs a little lean.

Is it worth putting on a power commander?

If anybody has a bike with a slip on and a power commander, please tell me how your bike performs now. Thanks
Make sure you 1. Introduce yourself in the correct section 2. read the rules of the road and actually do a site search before you ask the same question that has been asked millions of times 3. post your question in the correct section this isn't a tip or trick. 4. Sounds like your not into spending money on your bike because there is not reason to throw a slip on and an PCV on your bike the slip on literally changes the noise of your bike. Full exhaust require a PC or some sort of mapping equipment and a full Dyno to even take advantage of the exhaust or PC.... WHy not just throw your slip on on the bike add rainbow underglow and pink tassels and call it a day. Thats what I do....
with these mods I can get my bike to 267MPH if I'm in full tuck I also weigh only 220lbs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I see stupid people
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Family,Ride,Golf,Beer

04' GSXR750 Full Yoshi exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 04:59 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Why do you think it runs lean? What are the symptoms?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2017Dave View Post
Why do you think it runs lean? What are the symptoms?
My bike has been on the dyno, and the air to fuel ratio is 14:1. Not crazy lean, but I was wondering if the power commander would maybe help the air to fuel ratio.

And really there aren’t any symptoms, my bike runs pretty decent.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 09:43 AM
Uses squid tentacles as a butt-plug

Motorcycle: K4 750

Quote:
My bike has been on the dyno, and the air to fuel ratio is 14:1. Not crazy lean, but I was wondering if the power commander would maybe help the air to fuel ratio.

And really there arenít any symptoms, my bike runs pretty decent.
Short answer PCV and the correct mapping can help your F/A ratio. But if you wanted to save money I really don't think its needed here unless maybe your trying to squeeze out a couple extra MPG/KPL.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 02:23 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 2011 GSX-R750

Quote:
I was wondering if the power commander would maybe help the air to fuel ratio.
I installed a Bazzaz fuel controller and auto-tuner (and K&N filter, Yoshi Alpha can, and disabled SET valve). The software allows me to set the target ratio (for me 13:1). Then I set it to record input and take it for a ride. (You can turn the bike on and off without changing whether it's recording or not.) Next, I stop recording and implement its suggested changes. Repeat until it's dialed in. I'll have different maps for street or track. I can change my set up--add stuff, take stuff off, whatever--and just make a new map!

I took it out recently just to make sure it was collecting data and providing suggestions. It was fine. I was trying to take it easy, but without realizing it I was bouncing off the rev limiter at 14K rpm in 1st gear! Most bikes are already lean from the factory. Add a pipe and a filter and you've just leaned it out a lot more, and now you have deceleration popping. That's why I like the auto-tuner.

Look, lean, and believe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode