05 GSXR 750 Intermittent Problems - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Squid

05 GSXR 750 Intermittent Problems

Hello everyone! I have searched the internet up and down for weeks on end trying to figure out my issue.

Let me give you some info and background to work off of.

2005 GSXR 750

The ISSUE:
So the bike starts up and idles and sounds perfect. So when I start ridding the bike, sometimes 1 mile into my ride or 10 miles into my ride as I downshift to come to a stop and pull in the clutch it shuts off. I can fire it right back up and shuts off, again and again. If i start it back up and keep it reved up it stays running and as i pull threw the gears 1k to 4k it bucks. Once above 4k it runs and acts normal. Now sometimes it goes away there, other times as i come to the next stop... BOOM it shuts off again.

What I have found TEMP fixes it. IS reving it up to red line a time or 2 and then it may be perfect for 1 or 40 miles NO RHYME or reason behind it.

SO the 1st thing i did (THE BIKE IS NEW TO ME, I have had gsxr before but this bike is new to me) Is i totally took out the Power Commander thinking maybe it was causing a issue. But the problem is still there. I disabled the kick stand sensor thinking... just maybe it was being a pain in the butt? NOPE no better. Again its so intermittent.

Im having to believe it is something electrical / sensor related? The power commander was TAPPED into the TPS sensor via BUTT CONNECTOR and very close to the plug so i cant simply rebuild it as I would like to. Could it be a bad connection there? a faulty TPS sensor? sticky? Thinking its in 1 position and its not as i come to a stop and shuts off?

Again even when its having the 1k to 4k bucking issue once up high she runs FLAWLESS! and when the issue is not present the bike runs flawlessly from start to stop.

Aside from throwing endless parts at this thing, where do I begin? intermittent bad coil pack? TPS?

Another NOTE: i put bike into dealer mode and -C00 line is right in the center (yes at operating temp)

I know I am new to the site and I cant wait to share and help others with what knowledge I can bring, but this is driving me nuts and ridding season in Connecticut has just started!

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCED.
Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 04:47 PM
Hand-Eye Coordinator

Motorcycle: 2014 675R, 2019 Husky TE300i
Re: 05 GSXR 750 Intermittent Problems

Do a site search for a manual and go through the troubleshooting section. If you don't have a manual, you are going in blind.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 05:32 PM
Track Day Winner

Garage

Going in blind as a bat here, but based on what you've described I'd be looking at idle speed. The fact it idles OK once up to temp suggests idle speed is a possible issue. Does the 2005 GSXR have idle speed adjustment or, like my L6, is it controlled by the ISCV?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 05:20 AM
I know things... A lot of things.

Motorcycle: GSXR 750 K4

The K4/5 has completely manual idle speed adjustment, and too low idle speed might indeed be causing the problem, if it weren't for the bucking at low speeds. I'm under the impression that fueling relies more heavily on the TPS at higher engine speeds/loads, so I'm not sure whether I'd consider it a prime suspect. (It would also likely throw a code if it made intermittent connection. Keep a lookout for FI flashing on the dash and keep in mind that codes are recorded as they're detected and are lost when the ECU is powered down, so C00 at one particular instant doesn't necessarily mean you are ok.)

The IAP sensor on the other hand should come more into play at lower loads, and vacuum leaks could well depend on temperature. I'd suggest waiting for the problem to appear, then disconnecting the IAPS to check if it goers away. If it does, the vacuum lines would be the first thing to check.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 02:58 PM
Squid

I was on another forum that a guy was having these exact problems and it ended up being the stator not sure why but he changed it out and it worked like a charm after that! But before you pull it use an ohms meter and check and see if it’s putting out the right voltage or any voltage at all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode