Bike not charging... help!! - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 02:17 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Bike not charging... help!!

Okay so long story short, the Gixxer broke down and was completely dead so I decided to get;
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F183333332547

Fitted it Thursday and everything was good the bike started but Monday started giving me problems.
Starting to analyse the voltage of the bike and it doesn't seem to be charging. I drive 12 miles to and from work and this was the outcome;
Before Journey - 12.88v
After Journey - 12.33v
After 5k RPM - 12.34v

Any ideas why this could be? Starting to give up the will to live!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 04:43 AM
I know things... A lot of things.

Motorcycle: GSXR 750 K4
Re: Bike not charging... help!!

The generator doesn't really do anything until after you've started the engine, so if the bike is "completely dead" it can't really be the cause, at least not the immediate cause. I find it also hard to understand how replacing it would bring the bike back to life, unless either your "completely dead" is not really complete, or you replaced the battery as well. Try going through the troubleshooting process in the service manual, measuring the output of the stator, then the R/R. If both check out OK, but you still aren't getting >14V on the battery at 5000rpm, check the condition of the wiring between R/R and battery, looking for overheated, warped, melted, corroded, loosely fitting or dirty contacts and wiring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode