what fires secondary injectors? - Page 2 - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 12:38 PM
I know things... A lot of things.

Motorcycle: GSXR 750 K4
Re: what fires secondary injectors?

Perhaps we're barking up the wrong tree. Are the secondary injectors even supposed to fire in neutral or with the clutch engaged? Perhaps disconnecting the GPS, shifting to neutral and letting go of the clutch before revving the engine will get them to fire.

Also on that theme, have you tried probing the ECU pins that receive the neutral and clutch switch signals, to see if they're permanently shorted to ground for some reason?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: gsxr 1000 2005
Garage

I have 2,the one that came,another i bought and his one and that thing sputters dead...mechanic tells me it can be the servo eliminator...i doubt that i have tried with stock valve actuator...but that one is phuckd,fi light,opened the housing a gear broke missing a few tooth...

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Its a healtech ese 01

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Clutch it not shorted,i checked it and iy works fine,its in gear while i try, back tire is up and rolling...so its like it would be on the road

post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Here they are

post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 10:02 AM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: K5 1000 & K1 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by dany1000 View Post
Here they are https://youtu.be/ydtBQSkYp7k

So you now have also fault codes for the primary injectors C32-C35?
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Im done with it...gona bridge uppers and lowers and fidle around with ecu to match afr

post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 01:27 PM
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...

Motorcycle: Anniversary Edition 600 & 2018 Harley Street Glide
Garage

Great idea
-JK750- likes this.
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Did the bridge,works butt mapping is a pain...afr from 11 to 20 and out of range...tried many set ups,waste of time...selling the bike now

post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Bike works again!!! Out of range pick up sensor!! Osciloscope got it well!! Replaced and works again!! Get the word out there many people facing same stuff

post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 07:40 AM

Garage

Cam or Crank?
post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Crank

post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 11:34 PM
Squid

First post long time lurker . this thread is the closest I have found to my prolbem I know it over a year old.
bought a track bike k7 600 for the wife and it has some prolbems most are fixed but has a bad hesitation around 8k i have noticed the two secondary injectors both on out side of motor far left and far right do not fire the middle 2 work fine i have done the tests per manual.
i get 12 volts for 3sec during prime.on all 4 plugs and have measured continuity from ecu to plug . Lg, Lg/W, Lg/G, Lg/Bl the two that work fine have no continuity on the ground grey wires but do on the y/r?? the two that do not work have continuity on the grey wires(LG)

I have swapped plugs from one injector to another and seems to all injectors seem work fine as well as direct to battery nice spray. Im starting to pull my hair out a bit . Im assuming i need a wiring harness or a wire or ground is messed up in the harness im no electrial wiz. guess im confused that I get 12v on injector plugs during prime but ground wires for working injectors do not have continuity

HELP...
post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 05:58 AM

Try to be more precise please: continuity is not some universal property of a wire, it is defined in terms of two points. So how exactly did you measure continuity, what pair of points did you probe each time and what was the result in each case?
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 01:53 PM
Squid

Per manual from ecu plug 4 wires to each of the secondary injectors. Middle two injector plugs (working injectors) do not have continuity on the grey wires. (Open) While the outer 2 plugs left and right side of bike show continuity. (No resistance)& injectors do not fire. guess I'm just confused why they don't fire when I get 12v during prime on all 4 plugs
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 05:18 AM

Again, you don't mention how you measure continuity exactly. If you probe the same gray wire at the injector connector and at the ECU connector, with the DMM in continuity mode (beeper mode) and you don't get a beep on the working injectors, then I don't see how they can be working, as the wiring between injector and ECU must be severed. So I don't think that's how you measure it, which begs the question: where on the circuit do you put the DMM's needles?

Regarding your confusion about the 12V: like any device, the injector needs a voltage difference applied on it to do work, i.e. it needs to be connected with a wire at 12V and another at ground. The way this works here, is that the injector is permanently connected to +12V and its ground lead goes to the ECU. When the ECU wants to energize the injector, it temporarily (internally) connects its ground lead to ground. When it wants to turn it off, it "floats" the ground lead, i.e. connects it nowhere.

I have a feeling your non-working injectors might be permanently grounded, due to some wiring fault. Do you get a flashing FI on the dash?
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 06:53 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauten View Post
Per manual from ecu plug 4 wires to each of the secondary injectors. Middle two injector plugs (working injectors) do not have continuity on the grey wires. (Open) While the outer 2 plugs left and right side of bike show continuity. (No resistance)& injectors do not fire. guess I'm just confused why they don't fire when I get 12v during prime on all 4 plugs
The injectors are ground coupled. Meaning, they will have power always on the Y/R wire (as long as the fuel pump relay is activated). To fire the injectors, the ECU uses a transistor to connect the individual grey wires to ground as needed. Knowing that, you shouldn't read ground on any of the grey wires unless it's running and using the secondary injectors.

For your tests, where the plugs to all four disconnected, or just the one you were checking? Was the ECU connected or not? To help you any further, we need the conditions of each test. Knowing what you connected your meter to is only half of the information.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Never mistake education for intelligence.

"Don't go ninjain nobody that don't need ninjain" -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Garage

hi guys

after a long time i found what was wrong, sorry for no update
(did even a full harness one by one tracing each cable from the rapid...took some time)
the fuel pump assy was gone bad, i had 43 psi on normal and under load it dropped like hell, changed the fuel pump...solved has 43 on normal and on load got lucky that those lean conditions didt harm the engine
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 11:02 AM
Squid

So the crank sensor fixed it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode