Damn you le skid! - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

1Likes
  • 1 Post By oldgixxer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Location: In the garage, smoking one of Anthony D's cigars...
Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...
Damn you le skid!

Between Geesxara scoring his mint Katana,and le skid posting all these old-school Suzuki's,I'm starting to clean a path to my '82 and roll(try at least)it up onto the work stand and start tinkering.

I've been stashing away parts for it for years,I have a complete K5 front end,wheels,an 1100WC front end(no wheels though),various swingarm(s) and shocks blah blah blah. I have to purchase a battery&some carbs though;the RS40's that were on it went to a buddy to help his cause. I see they haven't gotten any cheaper over the years either

It ran like a champ when I parked it,I topped off the tank and added stabilizer and still smells like gasoline so thats good,I also sprayed oil in the cylinders and cranked it over for a bit;I'm not anticipating any issues when time comes to fire it up. It's been sitting under a moving blanket in a climate controlled environment and there's no surface rust after all these years.

I'll try and get some pics once I get it on the stand
8you4t likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 03:33 PM
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....

Re: Damn you le skid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
Fuck yeah, glad to be a bad influence

Meanwhile, I'm still flipping back & forth between two options:

• Option A) Two early 80s GS 1100s - an E and an ES, to splice together one perfect ES
  • Option B) A single '88 GSXR 1100*, which is better, since I already have "Andre's K6 literbike**" in my living room, since I have NO GARAGE

* Not the one I posted a couple days back, since that ass won't answer so I can actually fucking buy it. I found another one, who already has a deposit... I won't know until next weekend grrrrrrrrr
** my mocking tribute to @Todd_Sails
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 04:40 PM
IM THE BRONZE

Re: Damn you le skid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
Between Geesxara scoring his mint Katana,and le skid posting all these old-school Suzuki's,I'm starting to clean a path to my '82 and roll(try at least)it up onto the work stand and start tinkering.

I've been stashing away parts for it for years,I have a complete K5 front end,wheels,an 1100WC front end(no wheels though),various swingarm(s) and shocks blah blah blah. I have to purchase a battery&some carbs though;the RS40's that were on it went to a buddy to help his cause. I see they haven't gotten any cheaper over the years either

It ran like a champ when I parked it,I topped off the tank and added stabilizer and still smells like gasoline so thats good,I also sprayed oil in the cylinders and cranked it over for a bit;I'm not anticipating any issues when time comes to fire it up. It's been sitting under a moving blanket in a climate controlled environment and there's no surface rust after all these years.

That's great OG. These torque motors are fun to ride. Just make sure the K5 front forks are long enough not to cause rake and trail issues. On the Katana, it's been recommended a 93-95 GSXR750 front end, forks are longer. And some 1100's.
Just make sure you don't get wobble issues. Higher the rear also decreases trail.
Oh and the CRB 954 triple trees, taper the top tree down and adds another inch to your fork length.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode