Sooooo, I bought another bike. - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Confuses vag for cock... That would be "cock" as in rooster. Which might be even worse. And takes more duct tape to avoid a damn mess. Has lead to interesting nights.

Sooooo, I bought another bike.

And no one could be more surprised than me. I bought a Harley.

I swore I'd never buy one, but after spending a day on a Street Glide, then the Road Glide... I had to jump. I now own the largest bike HD makes, a 2012 FLTRX Road Glide Custom in Black Denim. Already started putting goodies on it, but going slow on the customizing.

I've never been so comfortable on a bike. And I'm loving the cruise control and the ability to listen to music while I ride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 10:11 AM
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager

Re: Sooooo, I bought another bike.

looks great! this sit next to your diavel now? looks like i need to upscale you now! thats easy seeing you bought an H-D
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 11:41 AM
Track Day Winner

That's nice but a lot of bike.

Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 11:52 AM
Expert

Motorcycle: K9 750
Seriously :disappointed
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 12:01 PM

Alright, time to trade in all your gear for a sleevless vest, a bandana and fingerless gloves.

All kidding aside, nice bike. I secretely like HDs a bit. I just find it weird that their dealerships have as many handicap parking spaces, as regular parking spaces.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Confuses vag for cock... That would be "cock" as in rooster. Which might be even worse. And takes more duct tape to avoid a damn mess. Has lead to interesting nights.

Never thought I'd buy an HD, but after riding it now for a couple weeks... it is AMAZING. And while it actually does weigh 800lbs, it handles like you wouldn't believe. I'd rather do lock-to-lock 5mph turns on this than on my old Victory Hammer S. And it handles sweepers at higher speeds as well. I couldn't believe it.

It is very light on its feet. It is a bitch to back up though... takes more grunt than I've become used to with the 430lb Ducati
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 07:43 PM
Viking Foreign Affairs Attaché

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3Gixx View Post
And it handles sweepers at higher speeds as well.
I know you're excited with a new purchase, but it's no reason to lie...
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 07:46 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2011 GSX-R1000 L1

That's nice man!! I always said one day I would buy a fat boy! But I do like that one!!
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 07:52 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: k9 "fiddy"
Awesome bike man! Im pretty sure my next bike is going to be a street glide.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 08:14 PM
Nazi Lustful Faggot - hot for Hermann Göring & Cainyboy

Motorcycle: zixxer 1k '06, k7 600

Looks fugly (esp. those square suitcases on the sides)
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneckgsxr View Post
Awesome bike man! Im pretty sure my next bike is going to be a street glide.
Thanks

I actually went into the dealership with the sole intention of buying the used CVO Street Glide they had in stock, dam sexy beast. But my salesman was a hardcore Road Glide person and wouldn't stop until I begged him to. I test rode the CVO SG and liked it a lot, but didn't like the extra 50lbs attached to the handlebars (both for low speed maneuvering and for the wind it catches on the freeway playing tug of war with you), and while I was at the dealer THREE of his customers came through at different times... all riding Road Glides, ALL had originally intended to buy Street Glides. ALL said they never regretted their purchase.

Turns out that most RG owners never buy a different bike when they trade in or sell... they go back into another RG.

The CVO SG I rode unfortunately had been sitting for a while, and later found out that the original owner put on the Rinehart exhaust WITHOUT mapping it... so it was running poorly, kept wanting to stall through most of the ride. As we came back, we had to do a U-turn to get over to the dealership and mid turn, with traffic coming, at full lock... the bastard stalled and started going down on me. I was able to catch the nearly 800lb beast and muscle it back up without it hitting the ground.

When we got back the salesguy was flat-out amazed that I was able to do that, half the staff was high fiving me lol.

And it was right then that I decided to buy the RG. That extra weight on the front forks made that situation worse... my frame mounted fairing is a lot easier to handle.

I bought it without even a test ride... and like the other customers I met... I don't regret it one bit! Well, until it breaks down. And it will... it's a Harley afterall.
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlast View Post
looks great! this sit next to your diavel now? looks like i need to upscale you now! thats easy seeing you bought an H-D
I ditched the Diavel

I truly LOVED that bike, but I couldn't ride it for longer than an hour without something below the waist falling asleep (ass, legs or balls) and with no legroom to stretch out, it was getting to be a pain. Plus it has ZERO storage anywhere on it.

At this point in my life I need to focus on comfort over power, and practicality over speed. I WILL own the Duc again for short, around town fun... but for right now, I need a bagger.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 10:09 PM
Amateur

Love Harley's. But I'm not big on the behemoth cruisers. I like the new harley 48. Looks sick. If I had 10 grand to drop on one I would.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1343790538.182160.jpg (60.4 KB, 198 views)
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 2005 Buell XB12R-back with my first love: V2!

Quote:
I ditched the Diavel

I truly LOVED that bike, but I couldn't ride it for longer than an hour without something below the waist falling asleep (ass, legs or balls) and with no legroom to stretch out, it was getting to be a pain. Plus it has ZERO storage anywhere on it.

At this point in my life I need to focus on comfort over power, and practicality over speed. I WILL own the Duc again for short, around town fun... but for right now, I need a bagger.
If you can get past the looks, take a 1200 Multistrada (same engine as the Diavel, I believe) out for a spin sometime. I did and now I have a bike I can never afford (or justify paying for at least) on my "lust" list. Comfortable, great handling, POWER, and the sound through those Termi's was I came back from that test ride blown away by that bike.

Congrats on the new ride. I'm not big on the land barges myself but I could easily see myself getting another Sporty for a second bike. It doesn't take much to turn them into a fun, comfortable good handling cruiser. I kinda miss mine.
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager

Quote:
I ditched the Diavel

sounds like it will be easy to upscale your H-D

lets see...1199 Tricolore, Desmosedici (yes i said it!!), hmmm....maybe a Dodge Tomahawk?
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 06:22 PM
tjb
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: GSXR 750 K8
Garage

Really nice looking bike! My Harley is a lot of fun, but I could never part with my gixxer.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 2007 GSX-R600
My father has a 2011 Softtail Classic. It's a blast to ride around, and it handles surprisingly well.

I can ride that thing 400+ miles at a time no problem, very comfortable bikes.

Sport bikes are more my thing, but I wouldn't mind owning a Harley if I had the money.

Sent while riding my GSX-R!
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

At this point in my life, my greatest needs are storage and comfort because I rarely drive my cars... I hate being off my bike. I've tried to make a number of bikes "work" for me, but this was what I ultimately needed.

So far, I couldn't be happier. Added a couple mods already and have a bunch on the way to me right now. I love owning a bike with such a MASSIVE aftermarket...
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 02:01 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR-750
Nice bike. I have a couple of friends that ride Harley's and they try and convince me to get one all the time. Maybe I'll have one in the driveway one day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 02:49 PM
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....

you go from riding a gixxer, to looking at a vmax, then a duck, now a harley

you sir, have some serious decisiveness issues

I used to be really indecisive but now, I'm not so sure about that anymore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode