Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

C46 help

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Runner001 
#1 ·
I have an L5 GSXR1000. I am running a L1 headers with a Racefit Mega slip on. I have removed and unplugged the servo motor. I also disconnected the black and white wire/pin. My bike is still showing the c46 code and that annoying FI light. It also shows c00 on start up.
Could the codes be an indicator of anything else? I am unsure why it's still showing. I've done all the instructions from this site and Yoshi install instructions.

Searching this site hasn't gotten be anywhere either.
Please help and thanks in advance.

#4 ·
You will need the servo buddy or simular too that too remove the light i ran into the same problem with my 2012 1000 and i think prior years you can pull the wire but deff not the newer years so you will need a servo buddy or flash too remove it . And c00 is no codes stored.

I also like too throw my two cents in with the “” SEARCH” bullshit and they can boot me from here if they like cause i really dont give a shit . I have noticed since i joined here at this site that i been seeing ALOTTTT OF “” use the search function “”from MANY MANY FOLKS ON THIS GIXXER FORUM and i dont think people clue in that Maybe we all do use the search funtion and cant really come up with a straight answer . Even though a person may get mixed answers on a forum like this but at least you can weigh them out and come too a close acurate answer besides that google shit . And isnt the purpose of these forums is for tips, sharing knowledge , helping everyone out also ” QUESTIONS”” ? In need ?? By the sounds of it it aint its just a forum that u look at and Not post due to the risk of being told too use the search function and be told ur on ur own . I actually just donated too this place and i REGRET IT BIGTIME . Ill never throw nother dime this way cause if you actually check out most forum pages on this site you will see ALOT OF “ USE THE SEARCH BUTTON “” which is bullshit . Cause again WHY THE HELL WOULD A PERSON COME HERE AND ASK QUESTION IF THEY found the answer using search ?? Cause i bet most use the seach both google and here and cant find what they are looking for so last resort end up asking a innocent question looking for a half decent answer . This site is also about gixxers and whatnot so as most should know when u have a issue with ur bike the last thing u want or need is DOWN TIME as especially up north in canada where im at we only got X AMOUNT of riding days before the shitty weather comes so every day down is a horrible feeling and when we have an issue i know when i have a issue the first thing i do is Google it and then once i get a lot of mixed information and im still not sure ill post on a forum where you know that its just about the bike you ride . So time is critical . Im sorry and this is no way towards the OP cause he asked a straight clear question and he got the “ USE THE SEARCH “ words i see way too often . Cause i recently had a issue regarding asking where is the classifieds and iv been told basically same shit . And READ THE RULES . Well i tried and searched for it all so i just posted asking and i got a direct link too the rules and donation page that DID NOT WORK . And days later i found out that using mobile phone app didnt show that stuff untill i logged into the desktop site and it actually showed . Anyway thats a RANT FOR YA ALL . If you want a better site their is many others which i stick too now and support fully by giving them my cash that dont have them telling you use the search button as i can see for sure if the answer was visable . Im now here once while just for fact i donated here which will be last Anyway OP hope my response helps regarding the c46 code good luck get urself a servo buddy bout 80 bucks than u can eliminate it all and get rid the code

#5 ·
BIG THANK YOU. I lucked out on ebay and bought a used VIZI servo buddy for <$40. Worked as intended! No more FI light =D

And yes, completely agree with your two cents! So many smartass+assholes here! Why not just give a simple reply instead of being a d!ck about it.
In all my searches, none came up with the definitive and direct answer you gave. Anyone ever think that if we didnt know what to search for OR word it correctly, WE WOULD NOT GET THE ANSWERS WE NEEDED?

#11 ·
Yes correct Flashing will work as well actually better than the servo buddy due to fact you can flash too your complete setup and all ad ons if your running any extras , If i could have gone that way i would for sure and saved myself 100 for a servo buddy .but hopefully down the rd . Where im Located no one does it and ill have send my ecu away which takes time even weeks too have return so i might look into that over winter when snow falls .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.