New guy - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Squid

New guy

Sooo I long story short this is my first bike I bought a 2005 750gsxr today that has been laid down for $1100 after getting back to the shop (I work on 18 wheeler for a living) I got it running (tilt sensor) and a friend of mine that rides took it out for a spen and called me after a half mile of riding and found that the front brake locked up so I loosened the front brake so some fluid would come out and release drove bike back. front brake was good then he thought there was to much fluid and thats whey it did that so he loosened up the line and let a little bit back out. now there's no front brake and I cant get it to bleed. thats problem 1. problem 2 is that its missing everything for the front aka instrument cluster headlights turn signals both front and back almost all plastics. so with that all being said I need some good pictures of a complete bike so I know what to get. so other than the front brakes not bleeding I need to get turn signals and head lights so I can pass inspection for a normal tag. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

ps there is also a part that came with it and I have no idea where it goes. and how do you get the front mud guard back on?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail.jpg (108.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail2.jpg (125.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail3.jpg (120.3 KB, 9 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 11:06 PM
Soberz again

Motorcycle: 2006 GSX-R1000
Garage
Re: New guy

For what you'll spend in money and time on getting what looks like a totaled machine road worthy again you could have easily found a well sorted K4/K5 750 that was ready to ride. Not a good first bike option by any stretch I'll add. Do you have any better pics perhaps showing that it's geometrically correct before we waste any time helping you put that basket case back together?

Google 2004 2005 GSX-R750 to see what it's supposed to look like and by the way, welcome to Gixxer.com.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 08:47 AM
Vegemite-eating Administrator...

Motorcycle: 2003 gsxr1000 ,2008 gsxr600 ,2002 gsxr750 ,2006 CBR1000RR ,2001 CBR1100xx ,2002 VTR1000f ,2002 SV650s

Before doing any work or spending more money you better check that thereís no frame/forks/swingarm damage.

These types of bikes donít like being thrown down the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Squid

So as far as we can tell the main parts of the bike are fine I didnt take any more pictures while I was at work I was busy. I did bleed the front brake. My friend that has been riding for a few years took it our for a spin and said it was driving good. and I road it around town for about 30 minutes of riding it locked the front brake up again (I was smart and brought a wrench with me in case). So I do know that there is some damage to the top of the forks on the nuts so as far as rebuilding them later I am probably sol and will just have to replace them. I am probably just going to make this a mostly naked bike I like the was it looks. So I want to know why the front brakes keep locking up I did notice that when I let a little bit of fluid out the first time I did it no air got in so the handle still had pressure and I tried to roll forward and it stopped again so I had to let air in so I could go back to work. So another guy suggested to take the front calipers of and lube the so I will find a youtube video of that and hopping that is the problem. also there are 2 wires hanging by the throttle found out that is the wires for the brake light and I cant find what they go.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Sorry for the big delay I have since gotten a lot fixed

got the brake light working when I use the front (missing brake switch)

front brakes locking up was the calipers bought some new used ones online waiting on them to come in

bought a instrument cluster and wiring harness after installing them only the neutral light and high beam lights work nothing else
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3941.jpg (188.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3940.jpg (172.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3939.jpg (154.2 KB, 3 views)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Squid

here are the other 3 pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3938.jpg (149.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3937.jpg (155.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3942.jpg (188.9 KB, 5 views)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 05:34 AM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
The front brake locking up could easily be a problem with the master cylinder which is something my buddy just went through after his bike was upside down at the track. Or it could be those cheap eBay levers you have on there. Those forks are destroyed btw. It doesn't look like you'll be adjusting preload or rebound until you fix that. It could be dangerous to ride if the forks are too far out of adjustment so you should learn about that so be careful. Good luck-not trying to discourage you but be careful with these things.

Talk is Cheap
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 09:04 PM
Hand-Eye Coordinator

Motorcycle: 2014 675R, 2019 Husky TE300i, 2014 Grom. Yes, Grom, fuck you, it's fun.

Burn that shit with fire. Part-out what you can.

If you are truly looking for a resto/resto-mod, you may have it, but that bike looks dickered. You are gonna spend the equivalent of a new bike to get that thing respectable, again.

If you simply want to rely on this site for info, we will grow tired of you. That shit heap needs a manual to come back from the evil-dead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode