K3 GSXR 600 Starting Issues - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Squid

K3 GSXR 600 Starting Issues

Hey guys,

Its been so long since I have been on this forum that I forgot my username... That also means I haven't been on my bike much, it has sat for the last two years! FML

I am trying to get my bike running to sell it and cant seem to get it started... It sat for 2 years with the fuel tank fully drained, but there was some fuel still in the fuel rail to the injectors. Currently the bike electrical looks ok, turn on the key and the fuel pump kicks on and primes, but there is a weird buzzing noise coming from an actuator on the air throttle bodies. I have attached a pic of it and a pic from the microfiche...

So far I have taken out the fuel pump, confirmed it isn't clogged with any thing and there is no rust in my tank. I have hooked up the fuel pump and it does pump into a pail. I have also primed the system with the fuel pump and then opened the line to the fuel rail and it had pressure - dont have anything to confirm how much pressure though. I took apart the fuel rail and cleaned it out good, there was some old gas that must have clogged it, but it is all good now. I have taken off my injectors and rigged up a cleaning system, so they all actuate and are clean.

I am getting sparks on my plugs and if I put a bit of gas through the throttle bodies manually I can get my bike to fire and run for a couple seconds. Battery is also charged and good, gives me a good amount of cranks before dying then I have to recharge it.

When I crank it over I am not getting any gas smell, so it looks like the fuel injectors are not firing. I am running a power commander 3, and I think it could be that it has lost its brains... I only have a mac computer so need to find a windows one to hook up to the bike and reset it/reflash the firmware. My bet is on this?

There is also a squeal/buzzing coming from the air throttle body actuator (not sure if that is what it is? In the attached microfiche it is items 28/31). I have also attached a pic of it... Has anyone had issues with this? I have heard that the side stand switch could be causing issues, but if I am in neutral and holding in the clutch does it matter?

Thanks for the help!!
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 11.29.06 AM.png (290.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1739.jpg (92.0 KB, 3 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 02:31 PM
Mod w/ no fucks left...

Motorcycle: 2011 1K....'04 Kawi 636 trackwhore
Ran good before it sat?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Re: K3 GSXR 600 Starting Issues

Yea it ran great before it sat...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Squid

I just saw the fuel pump timed test on the forum, so just confirmed that the fuel pump is good. Got 12 oz in 10 seconds.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 08:52 PM
Hand-Eye Coordinator

Motorcycle: 2014 675R, 2019 Husky TE300i, 2014 Grom. Yes, Grom, fuck you, it's fun.

Are you getting any codes? Site search for them.

What are "a good amount of cranks?"

You're into the realm of needing a service manual and DMM to find the issue, IMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode