Riding position between 2006-07 K7 and 600cc - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Question Riding position between 2006-07 K7 and 600cc

Hello,

A little bit of background information, I have owned many different motorcycle, including Honda CBR954, CBR600, SuperDuke, Triumph Speed Triple, etc... and now a 2018 Vstrom 650.

I am planing on getting fun second bike for pleasure rides, mostly canyon and occasional track days.

about 7 years ago, I went from supersport motorcycles to naked / sport touring / ADV motorcycles as I did not find too pleasant to ride more than a few hours on supersport bikes.

But now that I have a commuter motorcycle, I am looking for a second motorcycle more towards canyon and track day ride.

I am between K7 750 and Triumph Speed/Street Triple. The reason is purely ride position / comfort. My goal here is to have a very good motorcycle for canyon and track rides that I can actually enjoy riding more than a few hours.

I used Motorcycle Ergo website (for some reason is down now) and I noticed that K6 and K7 750's have a little bit more upright riding position than the later models (38 vs 42 angle)

So the question is: Have anybody noticed that the K6-7 are actually a little bit more comfier than other models. I am trying to buy the most possible comfortable sportsbike out there or ended up with a Triumph Speed/Street triple.

Performance wise in canyons and track, how the K7 are compared with Speed/Street triple ?

Thank you all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 06:53 PM
Track Day Winner

Sit on one to find out 100% or ride one if you can. Every bike is going to feel different for everyone. I'm 5ft 6 and have an 06 750 and find it uncomfortable on long distances. Cant really get a definitive answer on this kind of question since it'll differentiate with every rider on comfort. But to help you out as much as I can, if I was 5ft 8, I would love my 750 as a daily, track, and canyon bike. But when you say canyon and leaning towards the 07 750, I'm assuming you will be hitting some corners, in which I feel the 750 checks all those categories. Street, track, or canyon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 06:56 PM
Track Day Winner

Also adding that you can make your 750 do what you want it to do. Never ridden a speed triple though. But from what I've seen from friends, it looks more of the street/canyon bike. Havent seen any of those on the track so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 08:58 PM
Hand-Eye Coordinator

Motorcycle: 2014 675R, 2019 Husky TE300i
Re: Riding position between 2006-07 K7 and 600cc

If you want comfort, don't buy a race replica. Full stop. Track days are faster, but long rides feel longer.

The ergonomics between all models '06 to '19 is the same. Yes. The same, or near enough as makes no difference.

You need to make a decision on speed or street triple. They have similar names, but are a fair amount different, namely, 400cc and many performance bits. Oh, yeah... price, too.

If you are gonna spend the majority of your time on the bike on the street, get a standard bike. More time on track? Go for a race bike.

My favourite answer: why not both? lol

"A girl phoned me and said, "Come on over. There's nobody home." I went over. Nobody was home!"

-Dangerfield
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 09:43 PM
Currently using pedals..

Motorcycle: L5 600
I vote both!

Based off what you’ve said, get the triple if you care that much about comfort. That thing is no slouch and I’ve seen plenty of folks on standard bikes ripping up the track. I will always advocate for my GSXR though!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 12:56 AM
Soberz again

Motorcycle: 2006 GSX-R1000
Garage

If you have to ask, just get the speed triple. There is no such thing as a comfortable GSX-R. They are very focused machines.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 02:19 AM
Vegemite-eating Administrator...

Motorcycle: 2003 gsxr1000 ,2008 gsxr600 ,2002 gsxr750 ,2006 CBR1000RR ,2001 CBR1100xx ,2002 VTR1000f ,2002 SV650s

Most comfortable gsxr full stop is the k3/4 1000 ... but that still doesnít make them plush by any stretch.

For a bike to just blast around on for 1-2 hours any of the gsxr 600/750 are going to be okay unless you have back/shoulder/neck issues.

It makes a huge difference what type of riding your doing , hitting up corners on a sport bikes is more comfortable than hwy kmís Where you are locked in a position , Iím 6.4 and can ride a sport bikes 600/750 for at least 3-4 hours (even with a lower back injury) if Iím riding roads that allow me to shift around.

Best way to tell is to actually test ride a few different types/styles ...

You can catch flies with honey , but you can catch more honeys being fly !!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode