Starting issue - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Starting issue

So I have an 05 GSXR750 it is a Road warrior.. Thia bike has been though some shit. Anyways I was having an issue with it staying running. I would be riding and the dash lights would go out then bike would shut off. So we were thinking it was overheating and my fiance thought the thermostat radiator switch was bad. Me being impatient didnt want to wait for new one so he wired fan on toggle switch. Everything seem to run just fine. Then on way home from store same issue so i got stranded. Then the bike got stuck in florida for a month when i got her back you could put key in and everything came on but push starter button nothing. I took starter button apart it looks perfect so i got one on ebay for 26 bucks got starter relay. When it got here i put it in and it separated like it wasnt put together properly. But i could still touch both points with screwdriver and it would start. So i hooked up a push button to the relay. That seemed to work fine went for a ride... Same problem everything shut down after i stoped at store then bump started it got ot going on way home lights and Everything started to shut off. I could shake it and it would power back up enough to get home.today i go out and turn key nothing at all no power whatsoever. Charged battery still no power. I love this bike and hate to get rid of her. But i cant afford shop and frusterated. I could really use some help my fiance in jail and im super frusterated just want to go gor ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 07:04 AM
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...

Motorcycle: Anniversary Edition 600 & 2018 Harley Street Glide
Garage
Re: Starting issue

Obviously electrical. Start with the ignition switch. All the bike's power routes through the switch somehow (directly or by relay). What exactly are you shaking when things start to go out?

Also, the start button on the 05 is known to have an issue, so it sounds like you've got that sorted out.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Squid

When everything shuts down i can just kinda shake tbe bike side to side and it will power back up. Sometimes no start at all. I guess i will replace the start switch it seemed to be fine. Not melted or anything. Is there a specific way to tell if the start button switch is good or bad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 06:45 AM
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...

Motorcycle: Anniversary Edition 600 & 2018 Harley Street Glide
Garage

Sounds like you don't have any electrical troubleshooting skills. So I would recommend getting some help. If you have the skills, testing is very easy.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 09:55 AM
Squid

I have a no spark issue on my 97 gsxr 750 tested coils and getting battery voltage but no spark need help ignition is sending 8.5 volts and everything I tested seems normal need help
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 10:08 AM
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Did this thread just get hijacked??? Why not start your own thread Inked2face?
Back on topic:

When you shake the bike are you possibly knocking something around inside the handlebar switches? Like the run/stop switch maybe is bad. Take it apart and check that out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode