Is it harmful for the bike to ride with c28code om a k9 - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

 1Likes
  • 1 Post By dpapavas
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 11
Is it harmful for the bike to ride with c28code om a k9

Remeber its a k9 with kehinin stva not tha mikuni as the old one......My bike runs good and revs all the way and i wonder if its dangerous for the engine

Here is a film in what position the valve stays

https://youtu.be/Sl4I6u6RZ-U
Chestnut86 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 07:33 AM
Vegemite-eating Administrator...
 
8you4t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Gippsland AUSTRALIA
Motorcycle: 2003 gsxr1000 ,2008 gsxr600 ,2002 gsxr750 ,2006 CBR1000RR ,2001 CBR1100xx ,2002 VTR1000f ,2002 SV650s
Posts: 13,152
Re: Is it harmful for the bike to ride with c28code om a k9

Has it just started or been doing it for a while ??
8you4t is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 10:55 AM
I know things... A lot of things.
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Motorcycle: GSXR 750 K4
Posts: 3,047
Re: Is it harmful for the bike to ride with c28code om a k9

Another consideration would be if it's dangerous for you. The linkage seems to be still intact, meaning that the STVA can still operate the secondary throttles. Unless you have specific reason to assume otherwise, this in turn means that it can override your input at any time and without warning. While you could address that by simply removing the STVA and the secondary plates, it might be a good idea to determine where the problem lies first, as it might be a relatively simple and cheap fix.
dpapavas is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8you4t View Post
Has it just started or been doing it for a while ??
Just started after a big service
Chestnut86 is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpapavas View Post
Another consideration would be if it's dangerous for you. The linkage seems to be still intact, meaning that the STVA can still operate the secondary throttles. Unless you have specific reason to assume otherwise, this in turn means that it can override your input at any time and without warning. While you could address that by simply removing the STVA and the secondary plates, it might be a good idea to determine where the problem lies first, as it might be a relatively simple and cheap fix.
Hmm i get your point🤔 it runs flawless no sketcy behaviour at alls .....yet!
Its eastern here 1 day so i think i drive it to a suzuki shop and put theirs computer on and here what they says
Chestnut86 is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 04:16 AM
I know things... A lot of things.
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Motorcycle: GSXR 750 K4
Posts: 3,047
Re: Is it harmful for the bike to ride with c28code om a k9

If it happened after a big service, that's all the more reason to troubleshoot it. These things usually fail because either the solder joints of the stepper motor inside the actuator break, or because the gear train of the actuator got stripped or broke. While these things generally can happen at any point, therefore also during/after maintenance, it's probably more likely not to be a coincidence. Perhaps it's just a matter of the linkage having sprung out of joint, or some electrical problem. For instance, make sure that the couplers of the TPS and STPS weren't mixed up, especially if you can see the dash in dealer mode shift up and down during cycling.
8you4t likes this.
dpapavas is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 11:12 AM
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to me.
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Santa Barbara
Motorcycle: Blue 2006 GSX-R1000
Posts: 7,500
Re: Is it harmful for the bike to ride with c28code om a k9

Ask TheGeek if he has any experience with K9.

"make sure that the couplers of the TPS and STPS weren't mixed up"
I'd like to think that Suzuki was smart enough to use connectors that wouldn't swap. Not so?
BillV is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillV View Post
Ask TheGeek if he has any experience with K9.

"make sure that the couplers of the TPS and STPS weren't mixed up"
I'd like to think that Suzuki was smart enough to use connectors that wouldn't swap. Not so?
The geek i has awesome knowledge but for the most on the older ones k1-k8 with mikuni stva...

Ive already spoken to him with som emails...so i ordered on on ebay today just in case mine is broken...going to measure the ohm en volt tomorrow i took off the pc5 today and still gets code and i was also told i would not be harmful for the engine to ride because the flaps are fully open for me so meanwhile im riding on🙂

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F183775278219
Chestnut86 is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 03:21 PM
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to me.
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Santa Barbara
Motorcycle: Blue 2006 GSX-R1000
Posts: 7,500
Re: Is it harmful for the bike to ride with c28code om a k9

Suzuki doesn't sell the actuator separately. Were you able to confirm that the Kawasaki part is the same? Do they sell theirs separately? I'd expect that to be of interest to the K9 owners here. I see that the wire colors are different.
BillV is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillV View Post
Suzuki doesn't sell the actuator separately. Were you able to confirm that the Kawasaki part is the same? Do they sell theirs separately? I'd expect that to be of interest to the K9 owners here. I see that the wire colors are different.

I found this here and u can search this also on google Keihin PN# SHP-35D1014

https://www.google.se/amp/s/www.gixx...2.html%3famp=1
Chestnut86 is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 11
But i read something new on this page today i think maybe its the tps who is wrong because when i looked at a picture in dealer mode when i was doung it wrong i saw _C00 int the picture and the line befor C00 sholud be in the middle (-C00)so maybe there is nothing wrong at my stva perhaps🤔
Chestnut86 is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 05:01 AM
I know things... A lot of things.
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Motorcycle: GSXR 750 K4
Posts: 3,047
Re: Is it harmful for the bike to ride with c28code om a k9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillV View Post
I'd like to think that Suzuki was smart enough to use connectors that wouldn't swap. Not so?
I was under the impression that the TPS and STPS were essentially the same part. It seems that's indeed the case with my K4 and probably other older models but on the K9 they are different parts, with different connectors:

https://www.partzilla.com/product/suzuki/13580-29G00
https://www.partzilla.com/product/suzuki/13580-40F31
dpapavas is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 06:56 AM
Amateur
 
Kartel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Manchester, U.K.
Motorcycle: GSX-R1000 K4
Posts: 286
Re: Is it harmful for the bike to ride with c28code om a k9

I had once a problem with STVA sensor on 750k6 and them secondary throttles were going nuts, especially on idle being way too high where it was impossible to buy a cheap working one second hand and I had to buy some used secondary throttles set...
I'm not saying that's the problem but might be...

Last edited by Kartel; 04-24-2019 at 02:41 PM. Reason: did not mention bike model
Kartel is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 02:05 PM
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to me.
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Santa Barbara
Motorcycle: Blue 2006 GSX-R1000
Posts: 7,500
Re: Is it harmful for the bike to ride with c28code om a k9

"I was under the impression that the TPS and STPS were essentially the same part. It seems that's indeed the case with my K4 and probably other older models but on the K9 they are different parts, with different connectors:"
This shows them as 13580-18G00 and 13580-47H00. They're different but I couldn't find good enough pics to comment on the connectors. I see what you're saying about K4 750. That's dumb as it invites an inadvertent swap. If I was you, I'd get a white marker and mark one of the sensors and its mating connector. Just a line or something. Interestingly K4 1000 uses different sensors - one has leads. My K6 1000 uses the same sensors.

"I found this here and u can search this also on google Keihin PN# SHP-35D101"
Interesting, there's one here with the sensor for $37 shipped.
BillV is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
International Female Ride Day Samantha750 GixxerGirls 4 05-03-2011 01:35 PM
The long Ride. afi1 Pics and Vids 16 09-18-2007 01:44 PM
Mar 25 - Hearts to Heroes Ride loms1977 Southwest 19 03-25-2006 09:57 AM
TOP 10 TIPS YOU WOULD DO TO YOUR BIKE OUT THE DOOR BABIBOY GSX-R1000 General Forum 36 08-30-2004 10:06 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome