2010 dual yosh to single conversion - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Squid

2010 dual yosh to single conversion

i have a 2010 1k with dual yoshimura slip-ons..
Can i just make a y pipe and delete the cat but use only ONE slip on? i know i could just buy a single Can that automatically gets rid of the cat without even having to do a costum Y-pipe, but i have the duals already.

So my question is, are the dual slip-ons the same as a single yosh slip on? or are they built differently (baffle inserts, back pressure) so the dual cans are made to = 1 single can?

what i'm saying is, if i just use one of the 2, will i get the equivalence of a single yoshimura slip on that was designed to be one single can?

thanks!

Last edited by kev47445; 01-17-2017 at 07:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 07:20 PM
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to me.

Motorcycle: Blue 2006 GSX-R1000
Re: 2010 dual yosh to single conversion

I looked into this when I put an R77 slip-on on my K6. The muffler comes in two main variants that differ only in length. Busas get two 14", 600's get a single 12", and 1000's get two 12" for duals or one 14" for singles. The length refers to the shell, not the caps. They all have a 2" inlet I.D. There are subvariants that have to do with the location of the badge for dual systems. Also some have the insert permanently installed. Finally there's a race only version that I think is a 12" with a 1/8" larger pipe. You'll probably never encounter one. A single 12" can be used on a 1000 but it will be louder. On a full system it would be appropriate to check the map. On a slip-on you should be OK.

I never had to worry about a cat so you'll have to get help on it from other members/threads. Off hand I'd think that remaping would be appropriate. But the HO2 sensor and built in mixture adjustment might be able to compensate for it. I recall switching to a wide band sensor being mentioned.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Re: 2010 dual yosh to single conversion

i'm familiar with y-pipes and de-cats so that's not an issue. My only concern was the fact that performance would be hindered from using only 1 of the 2 Cans, rather than having 2 since those dual yosh cans were designed to be used that way.

From what you're telling me, I think i might opt for that rather than buying another single!

thanks for the quick and detailed response!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode