guys who deleted entire set valve inside please - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Amateur

guys who deleted entire set valve inside please

I've done pc5, yosh r77, bmc race, pair mod. Now want to get rid of the entire set valve assembly including the actuator, cables, butterfly etc. I have read the yoshimura instruction on which black/white striped wire to cut on the ecm plug.

Is the actuator and cable ends under the tank and easily accessible? How does the butterfly come out from the header? Any tips before I pull her back apart and do all this?

After dealing with the set valve malfunctions on my last k6 750 and fi lights around 7-10k miles from bad cables etc I want to be proactive and get it all out before anything arises.

Maroon/Black K9 1000: Lightech Frame Sliders, Lightech Spools, Pazzo Shorties,Yosh Fender Elim,Puig Screen, Yoshimura Carbon R77, Motovation Bar Ends, Rizoma Oil Cap, Power Commander, Bazzaz Z Bomb, Core Moto Lines...More to Come
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Amateur

Re: guys who deleted entire set valve inside please

Wow this forum has been dead lately lol.

Took her apart today. Set valve cables and actuator are on the left fairing side. Once you remove the fairing you will see a bracket holding a black box with cables running to a actuator. Unbolt the bracket and unplug the harness. Next just remove the cables from the header with 2 10mm wrenches and unbolt the bracket holding the cables at the black box. They will then be loose and ready to fall off.

The butterfly valve in the header defaults to the wide open position once the cables are removed. I did not feel like taking the header off to gut the internals but think this should be fine for a bolt ons street bike.

I also pulled the black/white striped wire on the black plug going into the ecm under the seat. Just yank with a set of needlenose and the whole wire comes out of the plug. Insulate this and plug back in.

Got everything together and no fi lights. Bike lost a few pounds of junk and no worries about future problems.

Great free mod to do along with the pair valve. Bike idles and runs much better.

Maroon/Black K9 1000: Lightech Frame Sliders, Lightech Spools, Pazzo Shorties,Yosh Fender Elim,Puig Screen, Yoshimura Carbon R77, Motovation Bar Ends, Rizoma Oil Cap, Power Commander, Bazzaz Z Bomb, Core Moto Lines...More to Come
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 01:54 PM
Provisional Novice

my bike came with a full Akro so no butterfly but the set servo is still there on the left of the engine as stated, making a noise on ignition turn on, I have ordered a Suzuki " servo buddy" to plug in to the wiring that used to feed the servo to fool the ECU. I can then get rid of the servo itself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Servo_Buddy.jpg (7.7 KB, 96 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Amateur

That servo buddy is for those who don't want to pull the wire in the ecm it looks like. I did not use one and had no issues when I deleted everything.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Provisional Novice

I fitted that servo buddy today took 15 mins works perfectly, removed the servo, quite a bulky thing with the mounting bracket attached.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode