Idle higher with clutch out verses in all in nuetral - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Amateur

Motorcycle: '12 Super Tenere, '11 GSXR1000, '11 GSXR750
Idle higher with clutch out verses in all in neutral

I have a issue on my racebike at least I think its a problem. History on it. Ecu is flashed with a boost smith cable, all those things like pair, O2, SET are disabled. It has a flashed map in it in other words drive more A is all I have. My quickshifter is from same company and works through the gear position switch on the bike which operates a ecu kill on fuel and ign. It's all worked ok for tyre past year. Now when it warms up to operating temp at idle in neutral it idles high at like 1400, pull in the clutch and it drops back to the normal idle range of 1100-1200. It was not doing this before this last weekends races at Nola. Other than that little oddity it runs fine. No codes no FI light.

I can't hook up to it to check the ecu because I had that done by an old friend and we had some differences and that's that. My next step is to order the interface cable like he had from boost smith, download the ecu editor program online and hook up and see if I see any thing out of the ordinary. I need this cable and ability anyway as I would like to reduce my kill time for my quickshifter.

Any idea on what's up with my idle in relation to pulling in my clutch. I've double checked my clutch switch wires and they are hooked up correctly. No vacum leaks.

Thanks

#826 WERA Expert

Last edited by roy826ex; 04-11-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Amateur

Re: Idle higher with clutch out verses in all in nuetral

A quick disconnect of battery and reconnect seems to have solved the problem. Reboot I guess. Still unsure what caused it. Waiting on my interface cable to arrive then I will access the ecu have a look see.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 07:04 PM
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to me.

Motorcycle: Blue 2006 GSX-R1000

It's somehow associated with the ISC and, maybe, what gear the ECM thinks you're in. But I don't have one and can't be more specific than that. As I recall, disconnecting the battery forces an ISC reset.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillV View Post
It's somehow associated with the ISC and, maybe, what gear the ECM thinks you're in. But I don't have one and can't be more specific than that. As I recall, disconnecting the battery forces an ISC reset.
Thanks for the input. Could be right. It sure fubar'd my bike. Can't believe I raced it all day Sunday and did as well as I did at a high speed track like Nola. Looking back on it I didn't have the usual wild drive in 3rd gear onto front straight. Passed it off as I think I'm becoming a bad ass on this thing or just the below sea level atmosphere.

Either way I'm glad she is back. I just hope she doesn't get confused again but now I know what to look for. Weird idle.

#826 WERA Expert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode