2009 GSXR 1000 Bazzaz map needed with .018 Head Gasket - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Amateur

2009 GSXR 1000 Bazzaz map needed with .018 Head Gasket

2009 GSXR 1000 Bazzaz map needed with the following performance mods:

.018 Head Gasket
BMC race filter
M4 Street Slayer Exhaust

Anyone have anything I can throw at this bike?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: K4 1143, L2 1K
Garage
Re: 2009 GSXR 1000 Bazzaz map needed with .018 Head Gasket

Good luck with that. People pay $300+ for a custom map, so don't hold your breath waiting for someone to send you one for free. Not being a dick, but thats just the reality of things.

I have a brand new 1K with similar modes mines the head gasket and the Bazzaz has two maps loaded, a stock map and a slip-on map. The slip-on map seems to work well. Theres no hesitation anywhere in the rpm range or when blipping the throttle like you normally see. I have the map switch mounted on my handle bar which makes things easier. Get that switch.... only $70.

K4 1K, ported head perfected by Jim Cambora, 76mm JE 13.5:1 pistons, Carrillo A rods, RC's 4mm crank, Akrapovic exhaust, Yosh STR-R int cam, 750 int on ex, billet basket w/JetSpeedz clutch mod, Brock clutch cushion, Koenig 1.5' billet pan, PC mapped by RaceworX, BST wheels/titanium pin kit, Afam sprockets/DID chain, Pipercross filter, NGK plugs, speedohealer, billet v-stacks, FP levers, APE head/case studs, Galfer rotors/ lines, suspension by Cambora, Vortex r-sets gp shift, ceramic bearings
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP1143 View Post
Good luck with that. People pay $300+ for a custom map, so don't hold your breath waiting for someone to send you one for free. Not being a dick, but thats just the reality of things.

I have a brand new 1K with similar modes mines the head gasket and the Bazzaz has two maps loaded, a stock map and a slip-on map. The slip-on map seems to work well. Theres no hesitation anywhere in the rpm range or when blipping the throttle like you normally see. I have the map switch mounted on my handle bar which makes things easier. Get that switch.... only $70.
I have the switch installed. I have a few other bikes with custom maps..just looking to see if there was something I could try.. Whats your bike make?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 06:01 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 05 1k- sold / 2012 1k

i hope you degreed the cams if you installed a .018 head gasket.

and if you did it right. the fueling will be off enough to NEED a custom map.

jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode