K5/K6 ignition immobilizer - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Squid

K5/K6 ignition immobilizer

Hi, I am in Australia and have a 2005 GSXR 1000.
I have a USA spec flashed ECU to fit on the bike but need help/advice on how to disable they key/ignition barrel from trying to receive a signal from the USA spec ECU that doesn’t have an immobilizer function.
Regards,
Mark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:30 AM
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to me.

Motorcycle: Blue 2006 GSX-R1000
Re: K5/K6 ignition immobilizer

It's the other way around. The ignition switch sends a signal to the ECM.

The cleanest way is to replace the ignition switch and wiring harness with E33 parts. You're probably trying to avoid that. Have you considered flashing the ECM to the E24 spec? There are other ways but they're a bit cludgy.

If you want to maintain the E33 anti-theft feature, you need to run a line from the ignition switch's O lead to a 100 Ω resistor and a lead from that to ECM pin 21. You're going to have to buy a suitable JAE female contact. I'm not sure but you may be able to leave the second ignition switch connector in place. If not, disconnect it. Similarly, I don't think it matters that the Br/Y lead from ECM pin 44 runs to the cluster. But disconnect it if the light in the cluster acts up (and plug the empty hole with the leftover dummy plug from pin 21).

A simpler way (I think) is to run a 100 Ω resistor from ECM pin 17 to pin 21. But you lose the anti-theft feature by that.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 01:10 AM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: K5 1000 & K1 750

It's simple, modify the harness like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Hi, I am looking for the easiest way to have the key/ignition barrel not need to communicate with an ECU that does not have the function to do so(USA already flashed).
I have a picture of the 2 plugs from my current ignition, do i not touch these and just place a resistor at the pins you mentioned at the ECU even though it is a USA model(non immobilizer).
Could I use a USA type ignition and key(cheap from China on Ebay) or will the wiring some how interfere as there is only one wiring plug on USA model ignition where my Australian bike has 2 pugs looks like a 4 pin and (8pin with 7 wires)

I am not a professional so pardon me if I am slow on working out the easiest way for me to remedy this without wasting the USA ECU and sending my ECU to get flashed(more expense).
Regards,
Mark.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0749.jpg (81.7 KB, 12 views)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 06:51 AM
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to me.

Motorcycle: Blue 2006 GSX-R1000

A E33/US type ignition switch has (or should have) a built in resistor and an extra line from it (probably O/Y). You'd have to buy a mating six pin connector, move the four leads from your existing four pin to it, and run a line from the new lead to ECM pin 21. Leave the other four pin connector unconnected.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode